Oregon man said he shot brother instead of bear, turns gun on himself

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Oregon man said he shot brother instead of bear, turns gun on himself
Elisha Fieldstadt - Yesterday 11:03 AM
AATHv4l.img

Authorities in Oregon found a man with a fatal self-inflicted gunshot wound Tuesday after he had called to say he fatally shot his brother while attempting to shoot a bear.

A man called the Josephine County Sheriff's Office just before 7 a.m. to report "he had accidentally shot his brother while loading a gun because there was a bear on their property," according to a statement from the sheriff's office.

Deputies who responded to the home in Sunny Valley found a man who had died from an apparent gunshot wound, the statement said. They also found another dead man who appeared to have suffered from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

"Based upon the investigation, it is believed the caller took his own life after calling 911 to report the accidental shooting," the statement said.

Neither of the men have been identified, and the case is still under investigation.

The rural property where the shootings happened is about 125 miles south of Eugene.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Handgun ownership associated with much higher suicide risk
snippet:
Men who own handguns are eight times more likely to die of gun suicides than men who don’t own handguns, and women who own handguns are 35 times more likely than women who don’t.

reminds me of that story of a guy who killed himself after his toddler got ahold of his gun and fatally shot itself.

Last edited:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok. I have read enough stories like this to warrant an advice:

Folks, do not play with guns. Do not go hunting with guns. If you must, make sure u and whoever you’re with are near each other. If a white person invites u out to go hunting, decline. If you’re a woman who gets a tickle by messing with guys with guns, please slap yourself. If you’re a man who loves guns for non protection related reasons , you have my permission to go ahead kill urself right now. We don’t need you.

I’ve read of stories of folks killing their kids through this hunting sh1t. U don’t need to hunt. Stop it!