Opinions on this point by Amos Wilson

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Honestly the entire video has a lot of great information and logic throughout but it was the point he made starting at 01:54:40 or if you really want to get to it 01:55:50 that got stuck in my head because I'm seeing it everywhere now and in retrospect.

Impulsive people are relatively lacking in aims, interest, goals and values that extend beyond the immediate concern of their own lives. They are indeed lacking in essential equipment for the successful modulation and development of impulse or wealth and for resistance to impulse.

Amos Wilson then says:
1. They have no reason to control their impulses, they have no long term goals; they have no interest or values and so forth. So why should they control themselves. Aims and interest as such as these are by their nature relatively stable and continuous. They are basic to the stability and continuity of many exactly because they are long range and extend beyond transient and immediate needs and influences.
2. And so what is the author saying? If you want to make people impulsive and out of control of themselves, rob them of any aims and purposes or long term interest. Tell them they don't have to worry about that, we'll do it for you, just come to work on Monday.

He then rounds it off saying that when reading these types of books to read them backwards as well (placing yourself within the box for analysis instead of looking at it as an observer of the contents in the box) such that they are prescriptions and not descriptions.

shhh-kull & bones

Judah have I loved, Esau have I hated! -GAWD
Daps
Reppin
BK, USA
:salute:...very underated giant

probably only about 5% of the coli might be hip to his body of work

I spent many years pouring over is books, speeches, interviews ect

I even met his long time editor, Sababu in Brooklyn many years back...thats when I was on that conscious tip heavy-before the streets dudes/remedials discovered the conscious community and started exploiting

and thats the issue...theres so many dudes out here claiming to be conscious and have never read any of that great Elders'/ ancestors books :snoop:

too busy trying to reinvent the wheel when all this knowledge is available and only needs to be applied

He was talking about the cac 'birth dirth' since at least the early 90s

I had no real concept of black on black violence till I picked up one if his books on it....dont forget his great tome 'Blueprint for Black Power'

...man Dr Wilson is one of the all time greats...his books and lectures are a must read/listen :ufdup:

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
:salute:...very underated giant

probably only about 5% of the coli might be hip to his body of work

I spent many years pouring over is books, speeches, interviews ect

I even met his long time editor, Sababu in Brooklyn many years back...thats when I was on that conscious tip heavy-before the streets dudes/remedials discovered the conscious community and started exploiting

and thats the issue...theres so many dudes out here claiming to be conscious and have never read any of that great Elders'/ ancestors books :snoop:

too busy trying to reinvent the wheel when all this knowledge is available and only needs to be applied

He was talking about the cac 'birth dirth' since at least the early 90s

I had no real concept of black on black violence till I picked up one if his books on it....dont forget his great tome 'Blueprint for Black Power'

...man Dr Wilson is one of the all time greats...his books and lectures are a must read/listen :ufdup:

Whats the birth dirth?

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
If only nikkas had that kind of self control.....:mjlol:
url5.jpeg

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Powerful book đź“š

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Dr. Wilson is the most underrated of the Black giants. His Blueprint for Black Power lecture does a picture perfect job of explaining everything. It’s like he was standing on Malcolm and Stokely’s shoulders bringing the final pieces of the puzzle.

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Amos Wilson for his time was good. I had to read some of his stuff for class .

Last edited: