Opinions on movies being scrapped due to scandal?

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

I mean I'm glad this predator is off the streets but what about the hundreds of people who just lost their jobs?

How do you feel about this trend of productions getting scrapped because of one person? I think it's better to just let the movie fail.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
People lose work off it not just the actors

This is how I feel about it. A movie is more than one person, same as a tv show. So it sucks for everyone involved how one bad apple ruins the bunch, but a lot of cats, like editors, effects, crew, day laborers, etc, now have to figure out where the next check is coming from and that sucks. I understand why companies do something like this but I always hope the crew and the cast members who can't just fall out of a boat and land gigs find ways to feed their families after the fact

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
A lot of those “other people” who lost their jobs were also second hand assisting Spacey and the rest of these sick fukks in their deviant behavior by staying silent and turning a blind eye.

If it was was just the one accusation from years and years ago, they could’ve eventually swept it under the rug. Instead, not only did Spacey pretty much admit it, there were also reports that he was running wild going around harassing men and boys RIGHT under Netflix’s nose. THATS the nail in the coffin because it makes Netflix look culpable.

So all of those assistants, second unit directors, Co-produces, etc who just let Spacey run amok grabbing boy booty have themselves to thank for the shyt storm.