poebcwpkzxg21.jpg

norilsk30.jpg

yxajnxt17sz41.jpg

DLG2OU4K46QMJHMMIPTXVQ5K3Q.jpg

5SmUHjdE7MJIBBx1eAqfMM3sQWQ7e1FEvZuxyeLGyu0.jpg

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
A town in northern Siberia home to 170,000 people has gained the undesirable title of "most depressing city on Earth".

The Russian town of Norilsk in the Krasnoyarsk Krai oblast is closer to the North Pole than it is to Moscow. It is equally far away from Vladivostok and the Pacific making it possibly the most isolated city in Russia. The industrial outpost is so remote there are no road connections. There is only a single freight rail-line to the sea and the port of Dudinka.

According to the Sun who dubbed the city the "most depressing on earth", locals refer to leaving the city as "going to the mainland", when they cross the Noril Skaya river.

Harsh living conditions and Soviet era pollution mean life expectancy is 10 years lower than the national average, already the lowest in Europe.

"In the winter, the snow is also red," said factory worker Evgeny Belikov. Although clear sign of chemical pollution he told ABC the phenomenon is strangely "beautiful".

In June 2020 the Ambaranya River was also dyed blood red following a diesel leak from Norilsk Nickel. The incident was declared a state of emergency and 20,000 tonnes of diesel fuel were thought to have made it into the waterways.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I have no problem with thise giant block buildings, in fact I wish we had them in my country since this city is a fukking mess and the housing projects are a joke.

Buuuut for some reason numbering them make them feel so dystopian, names would be a little better.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
Strangely, I like those pics. Me and the homeboys walking to the crib to play video games and eat hot chocolate

In the almost 90 years since its founding, residents have braved winter temperatures of between -30 and -53 Celsius and six weeks of darkness. This lack of natural light and dangerously low temperatures can lead to sunlight deficiencies and seasonal sicknesses.

To counter the drabness buildings in the central city and Leninsky Prospekt (Lenin Street) have even been painted bright sunflower yellow

I have no problem with thise giant block buildings, in fact I wish we had them in my country since this city is a fukking mess and the housing projects are a joke.

Buuuut for some reason numbering them make them feel so dystopian, names would be a little better.

7PT6R4TLARUHFPQPHACPOFQSMI.jpg