"once a __, always a __"

concise

Veteran
Daps
cheater, liar, homo, junkie, pedo ... What else?

These oft-repeated phrases; do people really believe these or are they just lil jokes?

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I'm not sure if people take it literally, like someone will continue being something without any change. It's more like yeah they'll change, but that stigma ain't ever gonna leave them, no matter what.

I think that's how people use that type of phrasing.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
I believe them.

The only exception is the junkie one, a person can get free of drug addiction.

But I believe pedophiles will never change hence they serve jail time, get therapy come out and still touch up lil kids.

I believe once a person steps into the realm of cheating they will never change.

Homosexuals no matter how much they try and suppress it by being down low always remain homo's.

Once a person gets away with lying a lot they also rarely change.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Ho

And yeah I believe these sayings people rarely change, those characteristics may lie dormant b for awhile but they come back.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I believe them.

The only exception is the junkie one, a person can get free of drug addiction.

But I believe pedophiles will never change hence they serve jail time, get therapy come out and still touch up lil kids.

I believe once a person steps into the realm of cheating they will never change.

Homosexuals no matter how much they try and suppress it by being down low always remain homo's.

Once a person gets away with lying a lot they also rarely change.

Why is cheating such a life-altering behavior? :ld: What makes that so different from speeding? One day you cause a huge crash. Weeks in the hospital. You still out there speeding?

What about people who are bi or just experimenting? They're forever chained? Why not "once a hetero, always a hetero"? :ld:

Lying? :ld: Like the cheating, it's really impossible to stop?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Without therapy or God people rarely change.

People who cheat will cheat again