On this day 20 years ago, Evolution takes all the Gold

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
This shyt sucked in real time. Not letting you bozos rewrite history. This coward triple h may have single handily ran off 5 million people.

Randy orton is just as boring now as then.

Batistas talents grew ten fold the second he got away from triple h.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Possibly the worst era in WWE history. The early 00s after Stone Cold and The Rock were no longer there.

Imagine going from those to Triple HGH cutting a boring 10 minute promo that nobody cares and triple threat matches where Hunter has to be carried by other wrestlers cause he's injured and not willing to drop the title.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Possibly the worst era in WWE history. The early 00s after Stone Cold and The Rock were no longer there.

Imagine going from those to Triple HGH cutting a boring 10 minute promo that nobody cares and triple threat matches where Hunter has to be carried by other wrestlers cause he's injured and not willing to drop the title.

Right when I stopped watching for 20 years. :laugh:

I fukking hated Triple H. :sad: My 2 GOATS left at the same damn time.

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Two of the hardest wrestling pics ever :wow:

maxresdefault.jpg

325af-15851437174049-800.jpg

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I got tickets to this show as a Christmas gift. My section was near the top of the lower bowl and looking directly ahead gave us a straightaway view of the ramp and stage. Basically a spot the camera will never look. Felt like we had the loudest section in the entire building with how they booed that night :russ:. I think if we were close enough a few people around me were ready to throw their trash in the ring :lolbron:. Still found it funny how the stage was just the raw stage with a gigantic “A” made of scaffolding in front of the titantron.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps

He's like a role player who played with hall of famers. Then they decided to retire and he was given the keys to the franchise cause he was good with team ownership.

Trips

Superstar
Daps

Minus the random ppv or seeing something interesting on a forum. I was pretty checked out post Invasion. I've always kind of wanted to go back to watch the Evolution stuff. I liked how they touched on it in the Flair DVD years ago. However, seeing some of the other posts in this thread I didn't realize how much go away heat Evolution had

:lupe:

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Minus the random ppv or seeing something interesting on a forum. I was pretty checked out post Invasion. I've always kind of wanted to go back to watch the Evolution stuff. I liked how they touched on it in the Flair DVD years ago. However, seeing some of the other posts in this thread I didn't realize how much go away heat Evolution had

:lupe:
Long term they made 2 main event stars, one of whom went on to become a big time actor with major mainstream roles and both have headlined wrestlemania multiple times so it definitely paid off. Short term the problem was that raw lacked a clear top face to work opposite them. Shawn didn’t really want the belt and Vince wasn’t willing to push WCW or ECW guys like Booker, Goldberg, or RVD as top guys and Steiner wasn’t moving well with his foot issues so they all basically spent 2003 in purgatory with no direction at all with Booker not recovering from how dirty they did him in the spring of 2003 until his 2005 heel turn and king of the ring win and RVD never really getting a consistent push beyond a mid card guy who was featured every week because his matches were great.

It isn’t so much that triple h never lost either because he lost plenty of matches and ate the 3 count along the way too even in tag and triple threat matches. They were heels who acted properly like heels but no faces were consistently booked strong as well and then they botched Randy’s run with the belt real bad with how they rushed it, though that all ironically played a huge role in how well Batista’s main event push & face turn panned out.

In short they were a net positive in the long term but were kinda harmful in the short term.