On The Come Up: Rap/Battle Rap movie directly by Sanaa Lathan (dropping September 23rd on Paramount+)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
pEHkooT.jpg

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Watched last night

It was good, Sanaa did a good job directing

The battle bars were the worst thing in the movie, they were written by rapsody
That explains so much...

Have one of the best rappers to ever touch a mic and is a huge fan of battle rap star, but get Rapsody to write the battle bars, brehette :francis: :francis: :francis:

It was aight, but as mentioned, the bars were mediocre at best and the plot was predictable and formulaic. The extra homo shyt was needless as well and, as usual, added nothing. Meth being his usual great self was most of the movie, Sanaa still being fine and a good actress was the rest. Yachty was ass too. It was 8 Mile without a shred of grit, authenticity or realness.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
These aren't usually my type of movies, and I would have never gone to see it, if one of the stars wasn't related to a close friend of the family. Anyway, I thought it was going to be about how female rappers can compete with male rappers, but that wasn't the focus point. The movie turned out to be all right, except for that homo shyt near the end. I almost had to walk out.

Btw, Sanaa Lathan was looking as good as she did in "Love & Basketball". And when I saw Jamila Gray in that white dress, I knew she wasn't no 16 or 17 year-old.

I never saw anything like Aunt Pooh...lol

Last edited: