Older MMA fans, how good was Fedor truly?

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
i have seen many argue he is the GOAT, but many argue that he is overrated because he never truly tested himself in the UFC

how good was he really? wasn't really watching MMA in his prime...

fedor-emelianenko-wallpaper-preview.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: JDH

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Probably the most amazing run at heavyweight I've ever seen, some of the most insane wis i've ever seen in MMA. I remember seeing Werdum beat him in Strikeforce and being absolutely shocked.

He's probably #3 in my top 5 behind Jones and GSP, dude was and is an amazing fighter

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
PRIDE was the top organization during the height of Fedor’s career, so I don’t see how never going to the UFC could be held against him. Over the course of 10 years he was undefeated, and was never really challenged. During that stretch he beat 5 former UFC champions, former PRIDE champions, elite grapplers, top K1 guys, and guys that were physically bigger than him. The type of run he had at Heavyweight is unheard of and will never be duplicated.

Like most fighters he’s stuck around too long, but that doesn’t diminish what he accomplished during his prime.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Fedor and Anderson Silva my fav mma fighters ever. It was a spectacle watching both of them fight in their prime. Fedor would beat people at their disciplines which is what facsinated me about him. He tap bjj guys, strike with the kickboxers, and out wrestle the grapplers. Idk if he's overrated as he fought and dominated everyone in front of him when the ufc wasn't the UFC we know today. But he had an aura that was unmatched and he had an incredible run on top.

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
its amazing that he seems to be a chubby guy doesnt't really seem to have the fighter's physique

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
i have seen many argue he is the GOAT, but many argue that he is overrated because he never truly tested himself in the UFC

how good was he really? wasn't really watching MMA in his prime...

fedor-emelianenko-wallpaper-preview.jpg

He was the best fighter in MMA/On the planet for over a decade, before MMA became fully mainstream. He was an undersized Heavyweight that beat all the legends/greats of his time and many that would become legends in the future and he basically fought and beat his opponents where they were best.

He is and will always will be in the discussion for GOAT, but I put him in the top 5 of all time, but objectively I don't know how you can leave him out of the top ten. He's fought past his prime for years now but he still is beating upper level competition, its just that his chin is gone.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
had a great run....waited too long (or was forced by contractual obligations) to fight in the UFC but he was legit.

If he was in the UFC during 2007-2010 (I think his first non Pride fight was in 2010), I think quite a few heavyweights could've beaten him.

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
could he in his prime of beaten Ngannou or Stipe? could he avoid Ngannou's bombs