Old-school cartridge thought to be for new PSP could actually be for PS5

REAL6

All Star
Daps
www.t3.com/amp/news/ps5-news-old-school-cartridge-thought-to-be-for-new-psp-could-actually-be-for-sony-playstation-5

NMhnrJnAGbZVTPk4onZwub-1200-80.jpg

And this is what killed off the PS Vita before it even started. Their own expensive proprietary cards. I hope this isn't the case here.

Last edited:

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
I’ll be going digital anyway but that shyt looks cumbersome...
still would effect you unless you streaming exclusively. I'm not certain but it looks like the cartridge will be writable and replace hard drives on the system.
nice performance boost:ehh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
still would effect you unless you streaming exclusively. I'm not certain but it looks like the cartridge will be writable and replace hard drives on the system.
nice performance boost:ehh:

ok I get you...these seem to be memory cartridges as opposed to single game cartridges...yikes that would fukking suck...sony usually charges an arm and a leg for their proprietary bullshyt

REAL6

All Star
Daps
ok I get you...these seem to be memory cartridges as opposed to single game cartridges...yikes that would fukking suck...sony usually charges an arm and a leg for their proprietary bullshyt

And that's why the Vita failed. But one good thing about it now is that it's still going strong thanks to hacking.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
The thing with the Vita cards was that you realy needed them shyts if you had a vita.

If this turns out to be storage for PS5 it would most likely be an optional upgrade type deal.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
This would be like having a dedicated SSD for every game, which would drastically improve loading times and probably even allow for more stability while playing games. I really hope they use these cartridges for games, though I'm sure they won't

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
will there still be a blu ray player? make sense to use blu ray discs on a blu ray player device that allows you to play games..