SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Juanita
Pronunciation: khwah-NEE-tə (key)
Origin of the name Juanita:
Feminine form of Juan, the Spanish form of John (God is gracious), which is from the Middle Latin Johannes, an evolution of the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Joannes. Joannes is from the Greek Iōannes, a derivative of the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan, which is from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious).

Hebrew Meaning:
The name Juanita is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Juanita is: Gift from God.

American Meaning:
The name Juanita is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Juanita is: Gift from God.

Spanish Meaning:
The name Juanita is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Juanita is: The Spanish form of John: God is gracious. God's gift
There ya go @Colicat

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
50cent.PNG
Isnt 50Cent like.... 50 years old now?

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Maude
Claude
Claude is still used also but i hear you about Maude. Only people i can recall named Maude are some of my moms old friends who have probably passed away by now. Idont thing ive ever heard of an English speaker named Maude either. Never knew you guys used those names at all :ohhh:

Another one thats dying: Yvette. This chick ive been in love with the past few years that just uses me for d!ck. Her middle name is Yvette. Other than than i only know my old neighbor

Also Yvonne

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Claude is still used also but i hear you about Maude. Only people i can recall named Maude are some of my moms old friends who have probably passed away by now. Idont thing ive ever heard of an English speaker named Maude either. Never knew you guys used those names at all :ohhh:

'Merca is a mixed pot. My great uncle's name is Claude

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Names after prominent people like Presidents. Ulysses, Lyndon etc.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Juanita
Anna Mae
Hattie Mae
Theodore
Ruth

My great grandma's name was ruthie mae and my mom's name is ruthie. Ain't that something. :ohhh:

One of my friends names is Willie and my name Carlton so we get Fresh Prince comparisons :mjlol:

Carlton itself is a name going extinct I would think, but as I get older I seem to meet more of them, only seen one white Carlton but I've met like 4/5 black ones.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
What happened to:

Shirley
Gladys
Rupert
Willy
Willis
Archibald
Roy
Gertrude
Marvin
Virginia
Alfred
Betty
Cecil
Pearl
Loretta
Clarence
Jebediah
Abel
Bertha
Julius
Albert
Otis
Rochelle
Tyrone :mjcry:

Add...
Edit: Have y'all ever met any old or middle aged Brittany's, Ashley's or Kiesha's ?
Name popularity come and go. Some names remain popular though. Some old names are making a comeback.
So right now, the current old names are going to make a comeback in around 30 to 40 years. When you are an old dood :old:, you are going to see twenty somethings naming their kid Clarence.