Old Enough-Japanese game show that sends toddlers on errands solo (Netflix)

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Yoooo I'm watching this shyt like :dwillhuh: :gucci: :mindblown: :ohhh:

So this mom send this 2 year old toddler on an errand to the store. Im thinking its gonna be right across the street where she can see him...hell nah lil man went on a 23 min walk next to a busy highway, past policeman who look at a child walking by themselves and drive off :wtf:
Then this lil goes in the store and had 3 items he has to remember buy for his momma, he get 2 pays in cash and dips. Then he remembers he forgot one and goes back to get it. And then he walk all the way back home. At 2 years and 9 months old?
I call shenanigans:martin:
Im too high for this shyt:unimpressed:

But yall should watch it its damn entertaining:pachaha:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I heard they let their kindergarteners go to school and take transportation by themselves.

I watched a few episodes when netflix put it up. shyt is adorable but stressful at the same time. :damn:

You do that here, your kid is getting snatched with the quickness.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Problematic name

The name in Japanese is 初めてのお使い, which means first errand.

When I was in Japan I saw this all of the time little kids riding the subway by themselves, grocery shopping with the little baskets. The streets are watching is an apt term for how their community ensures the child succeeds with this.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The name in Japanese is 初めてのお使い, which means first errand.

Netflix can be dumb when localizing titles. Had me :dwillhuh: when the announcer says the title and I see the kanji for it but netflix subs still says "old enough".

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Netflix can be dumb when localizing titles. Had me :dwillhuh: when the announcer says the title and I see the kanji for it but netflix subs still says "old enough".
:mjlol:
They even got the kids saying it and it confuses things because they continue to translate it that way. I just make up the subs in my head at this point, some of these shows are so inaccurate

:dead:

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Peeped a little of this. Me and the wife were like we'd never see our son again :dead:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw the one where the kid gets sent home to make orange juice from fresh oranges. Kid goes home, plays with the dog, dikks around, drinks half the orange juice and lies to his mom when she calls. That kid will be yakuza ten years from now.

ELITE

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I accidentally bumped into this last year and found it interesting.
I enjoyed how encouraging people in the neighborhood were when the kids were lost or discouraged.