OG Layton Simon (inspiration for "Lamar") Speaks on Beefing W/ Big Meech, YBI, WhiteBoyRick+

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
An Original Gangsters Podcast exclusive!! The fellas interviewed former Detroit kingpin and street legend Layton "the Beast" Simon. Layton is the inspiration for the BMF tv show character "Lamar Silas." Simon talks about his life in the game and his interactions with other Detroit street legends like Chester Campbell, Butch Jones (YBI), White Boy Rick, and the Flenory Brothers. Layton even describes the time he beefed with Big Meech.

Listen at link

https://player.fm/series/original-g...alk-podcast/layton-the-beast-simon-detroit-og

Last edited:

R.B.J1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So bmf was pussies who had to leave the D to make it?

I dont think so, I'm an oldhead (49), a few years younger than the Flenory brothers. From what I heard back then they were not p*ssy. They also were linked with the Puritan Avenue Boys who were always ready to get busy. I highly doubt that they were forced out of Detroit. Many years ago I worked with a guy who grew up in southwest Detroit, he's younger than Layton Simon and a couple years older than the Flenory brothers, I asked him did he know why Meech moved to Atlanta, he told me that Meech moved to Atlanta to be closer to his Florida plug and it would be easier to transport product to cities in Kentucky, Tennesse and Ohio that were right off of I-75. He also said that Meech had been shot by a wanna be bully who spent time at Northville Psychiatric Hospital in suburban Detroit. He stated that the Flenorys had retaliated after Meech was shot, I didnt ask how. I'm assuming that bully was Layton Simon.

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
I dont think so, I'm an oldhead (49), a few years younger than the Flenory brothers. From what I heard back then they were not p*ssy. They also were linked with the Puritan Avenue Boys who were always ready to get busy. I highly doubt that they were forced out of Detroit. Many years ago I worked with a guy who grew up in southwest Detroit, he's younger than Layton Simon and a couple years older than the Flenory brothers, I asked him did he know why Meech moved to Atlanta, he told me that Meech moved to Atlanta to be closer to his Florida plug and it would be easier to transport product to cities in Kentucky, Tennesse and Ohio that were right off of I-75. He also said that Meech had been shot by a wanna be bully who spent time at Northville Psychiatric Hospital in suburban Detroit. He stated that the Flenorys had retaliated after Meech was shot, I didnt ask how. I'm assuming that bully was Layton Simon.

:ooh:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
I remember Puritan Boys!
:russ: Back then, we wasn't really on no gang shyt. But cats was reppin they blocks... Davison & Dequindre. I'd love to see YBI get the movie treatment.

Daps
Reppin
Kongo

How did you learn how to write so good, what age?

R.B.J1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I remember Puritan Boys!
:russ: Back then, we wasn't really on no gang shyt. But cats was reppin they blocks... Davison & Dequindre. I'd love to see YBI get the movie treatment.

You are correct, in the late 80's to mid 90's anyone claiming "blood" or "crip" would've gotten laughed at, I was surprised to see a guys from Detroit name themselves the "7 mile Bloods" and say that they live in the "red zone". Its a new era.

R.B.J1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How did you learn how to write so good, what age?

Lol, thanks, I'm old, we didnt have the internet, if we wanted information we had to seek it out in books, newspapers, magazines, etc. I also had good teachers (English Lit/History) at Detroit Cooley High school in the late 1980's to early 1990's. They cared.