Official WNBA Random Thoughts - Playoffs begin 9/22!

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This is my issue with all this. Where was all the pearl clutching :picard: when Reese got thrown down? We're all these people who are furious up in arms? Angel kept it moving in the post game presser too. Granted CC hasn't made a big deal about this, but a rough foul is just a rough foul:yeshrug:. You talk shyt to the wrong person they're gonna probably catch you slippin.
Because there’s more to it with it happening to CC and it’d be naive and disingenuous to sit here and say otherwise. Even Reese by her own comments feels a certain way about CC and the attention she’s getting.

Those type of fouls don’t get tolerated in the NBA and neither should they here.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Barnes is right, they have "no shooters". The whole Fever team is full of soft players, it's why Clark is getting punked every game. That one white girl shows up to the game dressed like a flower child from the 70s. You think she's defending Clark? They're giving her fake platinum chains to wear on media day like Kirk Cousins but none of that energy exists on the court. They don't even talk to each other on the bench. Bet Kate Martin not getting thrown to the ground in Vegas :sas2:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Caitlin seems like she has a bland ass personality and just wants to ball. It's going to be tough for anyone to rally behind that.

If she leads by example and grows into the type of player she's supposed to be, teammates will run through walls for her. She doesn't have to be entertaining in the locker room.

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get what he's saying but it has to be reciprocal. Did CC say anything while Aaliyah Boston was getting racial attacks from her MAGA fanbase and had to lock her account?

What has she done exactly for her teammates to have her back and be ready to crash out for her?

Caitlin seems like she has a bland ass personality and just wants to ball. It's going to be tough for anyone to rally behind that.
Man we talking basketball and you’re talking Twitter lol

And bland personality? nikka ever heard of Tim Duncan and Kobe - I know we all have post life Kobe love but his teammates HATED him and you still could not have gotten away with that shyt

White or black these are pros and bush league is bush league and it’s gonna turn ppl off

I wonder what the Coli would’ve said if it was around when ppl started slamming MJ around the court and the league was like nah

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

:jbhmm: Say what you want, but a lot of people are starting to notice.

She's right in one sense but she's doin too much... they didn't have to answer questions about CC postgame lol. I do believe some of these women have an issue with CC and all the attention she's getting but it's confusing..

Do they want the WNBA to be in the spotlight or not? Right now it's in the spotlight. This thread dwarfs any other WNBA thread on here by miles... The league has their chance to be big time. Do they want it or not?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
She's right in one sense but she's doin too much... they didn't have to answer questions about CC postgame lol. I do believe some of these women have an issue with CC and all the attention she's getting but it's confusing..

Do they want the WNBA to be in the spotlight or not? Right now it's in the spotlight. This thread dwarfs any other WNBA thread on here by miles... The league has their chance to be big time. Do they want it or not?
Of course they want the WNBA to be the spotlight, but not for the wrong reasons. They shouldn't want it to continue to be the topic of discussion especially considering a lot of those vets are already taking spots away from the younger players who bring more attention and spotlight to the league.

Don't sit here and act like it should be allowed or overlooked just because they're getting what they're asking for.

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It’s up to the league not the players

You can play hard talk shyt do whatever

But we all know Steph Curry ain’t no imposing dog so imagine if nikkas knew they could slam him around and go run into him after the play and beat him up

You don’t think men are competitive??? They would fukking do it lol. And Steph talk shyt so CC talking ain’t nothing new but the extra shyt is Corny to me

But women don’t really watch sports like that so have you noticed the discourse has shifted because now that a lot that didn’t are, they think this type of stuff is justified because CC talk ish or ppl say mean things on twitter etc

But ppl that been around or watched NFL NBA aren’t babying anyone it’s just holding to the same standard of every other sport, which is actually showing respect

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Also.... I knew this was going to happen. It ain't even so much that CC is white cause there's a lot of other white players who didn't like the attention she was getting and I remember watching Taurasi lowkey hating on CC before the draft. Some of these broads are jealous, just wait until one of them has their advances turned down by Angel or Rickea... they don't like fine looking straight women.

roger-klotz.jpg

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Either way both of these teams got a lot of maturing to do. Meanwhile you got Connecticut undefeated and other teams doing better just trying to play ball and win.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'm talking about the other players, not the fans or "new fans" of the league. The other players don't need to be kissing CC or Angel's ass but they should realize they are a big reason why the league has a new life.
They don't care and why should they considering the CC and Angel's of the world and the others with attention that come behind them threaten their placement in the league.

This is the same group of WNBA vets that fukked over the younger players the last go around in a bid for themselves.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They don't care and why should they considering the CC and Angel's of the world and the others with attention that come behind them threaten their placement in the league.

This is the same group of WNBA vets that fukked over the younger players the last go around in a bid for themselves.

People like Taurasi shouldn't even be in the league... she's 41 and turns back the clock what.. once every 5 games? She's basically Jamal Crawford on Minnesota or Phoenix status.. except the WNBA only has 12 teams.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The CBA???