Official WNBA Random Thoughts - 7/6 Liberty vs. Fever @ 1PM ET

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I could care less about the win-share garbage.....The fact that KLS has a .5 win share and Clark is at .2 should tell you that the win share calculation is flawed..........Part of Clark's lack of efficiency is that her teammates have dropped catchable passes that have negatively impacted Clark's stats but not her teammates.

The fact that Clark can get 12 asst in a win and not get a win share boost is kind of comical

Last edited:
Daps
I could care less about the win-share garbage.....The fact that KLS has a .5 win share and Clark is at .2 should tell you that the win share calculation is flawed..........Part of Clark's lack of efficiency is that her teammates have dropped catchable passes that have negatively impacted Clark's stats but not her teammates.
So what matters then are all advanced stats and analytics garbage?

Mars

Superstar
Daps
So what matters then are all advanced stats and analytics garbage?

I'm just trying to figure out how the shares are being calculated and if the shares favor a specific stat....Maybe Clark's share is being dragged down by her turnovers and Defense.......Again, KLS having more than 2x the win shares as Clark doesn't make sense.......Clark had two games where she dropped 30 pts, both wins.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, there is a flaw in the win-share system.

B.Jones has more win shares than A.Thomas despite AT avg nearly 5 more reb and 6 more asst

Guess who leads Phoenix in win shares?

N.Mack- 1.4
Griner- 1.4.....Played only 9 gms and can't rebound for shyt
Cunningham- 1.1
Taurasi- 1.1
Cloud- 1.0
Copper- 0.7

This is criminal....Phoenix's 8th-best player who only avg 23 mpg leads them in win shares while the 3rd leading scorer in the league is 6th on the team.

Win shares are flawed

Daps
I'm just trying to figure out how the shares are being calculated and if the shares favor a specific stat....Maybe Clark's share is being dragged down by her turnovers and Defense.......Again, KLS having more than 2x the win shares as Clark doesn't make sense.......Clark had two games where she dropped 30 pts, both wins.
I think she went 1 and 1 in those 30 point games. Offensive wins shares I think involve the offensive ratings and then a lot of math lol I can send you the link if you wanted. What’s interesting to me and why I think Angel is ROY even tho I think Caitlin is playing well is how big of a difference there BPM is

Daps

B.Jones has more win shares than A.Thomas despite AT avg nearly 5 more reb and 6 more asst

N.Mack- 1.4
Cunningham- 1.1
Taurasi- 1.1
Cloud- 1.0
Copper- 0.7

This is criminal....Phoenix's 8th-best player who only avg 23 mpg leads them in win shares while the 3rd leading scorer in the league is 6th on the team.

Win shares are flawed
What are the offensive win shares for the Mercury?

Daps

N.Mack- 1.4
Cunningham- 1.1
Taurasi- 1.1
Cloud- 1.0
Copper- 0.7

Win shares are flawed
Also Mack is so high because she has an insane offensive rating

Daps
Nah...2-0...wins versus Washington and LA

Before last night's game

Griner- 1.2
Taurasi- 0.8
Mack- 0.8
Cunningham- 0.7
Cloud- 0.4
Copper- 0.4

Criminal
They lost that la sparks game by say breh 88-82 I think and those win shares look right if you look at the top of the whole wnba then the win shares make more sense

Mars

Superstar
Daps
They lost that la sparks game by say breh 88-82 I think and those win shares look right if you look at the top of the whole wnba then the win shares make more sense

Your right...They lost the home game to the Sparks.

Win shares are still flawed IMO

In 6 of Phoenix's 8 wins Copper had four 30+ pt games, a 29 and 25 pt game, and all she accounted for is 0.4 offensive win shares?.....That's some BS.

Last edited:
Daps
Your right...They lost the home game to the Sparks.

Win shares are still flawed IMO

In 6 of Phoenix's 8 wins Copper had four 30+ pt games, a 29 and 25 pt game, and all she accounted for is 0.4 offensive win shares?.....That's some BS.
I can see how they are somewhat flawed but I would say that all statistics are flawed it’s why I like to look at at least 3-4 to see if everything is consistent. Also points I think are weighed about the same when it comes to o rating and than win shares which uses o rating but I’m not 100% sure I’ll have to look

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is the main focus on these past few pages Clark vs. Reese? Did they play each other again last night? Some of you are obsessed with this. Right now my ROY would be Angel Reese. It's halfway through the season. Anything can happen from here.
on the same day
the Fever played the Aces, Chicago played ATL.
CC team lost, i think chicago won
and so the debates started back up