Official WNBA Random Thoughts - 7/6 Liberty vs. Fever @ 1PM ET

Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Those rebounds come off guarding non scorers and long rebounds after missed 3s. Those stats don't fool me. She's making some good passes, but the turnovers are still there as she can't get her timing right just yet from anticipating the double team and getting the ball out of her hands. I said before the season she'd average around 17 a game. Averaging 30 was NEVER going to happen when the record is 25 for a season. You can look at my old posts. I also said that the Fever are going right back to the lottery. I can easily be that "I told you so" guy, but I'm just stating what she needs to fix. Yall thought you were going to see the best player in the league this season and I told everyone she will need to adjust. Plum didnt do much her first couple years either. I've been watching the WNBA since 1999, most people joke that "I've never watched a WNBA game before" and then proceed to tell people like me who is or isn't an all time great WNBA player and what teams are. It's hilarious. I used to get clowned for watching women's basketball and those SAME MFERS ARE NOW ACTING LIKE THEY KNOW MORE THAN ME ON THE SUBJECT!!!!! imagine that. She will be ok, but she's got to change her playing style. If she's not willing to do that, it's going to end very badly

I was saying this last year :mjlol:

Playing in the big 10 didn’t help either. The level of completion in the big 10 is weak.

Clark got away with a lot of bad habits in college against lesser completion.

She’s also never left the state of Iowa and experienced different cultures. Basically she’s played her career in a coc00n. She’s not charismatic so I don’t get why the world was so quick to latch onto her.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
It’s only 12 teams in the league. lol. She’s going to be facing tough comp every night regardless of records. This is like the NBA of the 60s when players faced HOF comp every night. Until the league dilutes itself by adding 10 more teams, players won’t be able to take nights off and play a lack of competition for a quarter of the season. She’s gonna see the Sun and Liberty a LOT.
first game is against one of the best defenses in the league, and then the home opener is against the reigning MVP. if they started against teams like LA or PHX, they would have a less sharp learning curve to deal with.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
It’s only 12 teams in the league. lol. She’s going to be facing tough comp every night regardless of records. This is like the NBA of the 60s when players faced HOF comp every night. Until the league dilutes itself by adding 10 more teams, players won’t be able to take nights off and play a lack of competition for a quarter of the season. She’s gonna see the Sun and Liberty a LOT.

12 damn teams?

If that’s they case with they way they’ve hyped her up, she should be winning championships like Bill Russell

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
first game is against one of the best defenses in the league, and then the home opener is against the reigning MVP. if they started against teams like LA or PHX, they would have a less sharp learning curve to deal with.

During Sabrina Ionescu's send game as a rookie, she dropped 33 - 7 - 7.

As I said before Sabrina Ionescu was a better player than Clark.

She got away with A LOT at Iowa because she had free reign and she played against weak competition. The WNBA isn't a D'antoni/Golden State spread the floor league. Most teams that are good have dominate post players and great perimeter defenders.

She's going to have to adapt. Jacking up 3's won't work in the WNBA. She's not going to get open looks and players are going to D her up before she even gets to center court.

Aaliyah Boston is their best player. They need to build around her. Clark isn't good enough to dominate the ball like she did in college.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

:gucci:SHE DID LAST GAME
AND SHE HAD 10 TURNOVERS...

THEN nikkaS LIKE YOU SAID
SHE NEEDED TO PLAY OFF
THE BALL MORE.

:devil:
:evil:

Never said that. She’s a ball dominant guard. And watching her it’s clear she is not comfortable off ball. The team fukking sucks so let her work through her mistakes

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Never said that. She’s a ball dominant guard. And watching her it’s clear she is not comfortable off ball. The team fukking sucks so let her work through her mistakes

HER HANDLE ISNT NICE.

THE GIRL AT CAROLINA
KEPT PICKING HER POCKET
IN THE TITLE GAME.

THE WNBA IS FULL OF
THOSE TYPES OF DEFENDERS.

THE WNBA HAS A BIGGER TALENT GAP
WITH COLLEGE BALL
THAN THE NBA DOES WITH COLLEGE
BECAUSE THERE ARENT MANY
TEAMS AND LOTTERY PICKS
GET CUT ALL THE TIME.

WOMENS COLLEGE BALL
IS FULL OF GIRLS WHO REALLY ARENT
D1 LEVEL ATHLETES BUT YOU GOTTA
FILL THOSE ROSTER SPOTS
WITH SOMEBODY

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
I think the league did her dirty with the schedule... going against the #1 defense in the league in her debut was nasty work...then her home opener against the Liberty was crazy...that team has only had a few weeks to gel...these other teams been playing together for years on a high level...that Aces game next week is gonna be ugly... Kelsey Plum has this game circled on the calendar

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
I tried to tell nikkas :mjlol:

Clark played in one of the weakest conferences in major women's basketball.

She got away with doing whatever she wanted and created a lot of bad habits. So the way she plays is all she knows.

Then add to the fact that the media and fans pegged her as the WNBA Jesus, the odds of her changing her game is slim to none. The only way she has similar success is if the WNBA changes the rules and do some dumb shyt like banning "traps" and double teams. And her handles is slow as hell.

The spotlight on Clark should be putting people on to other talented WNBA players. But what's going to happen is, an opponent will score 40 and blow out the Fever and all fans will do is make excuses if Clark plays and total ignore the other 9 players on the court.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
During Sabrina Ionescu's send game as a rookie, she dropped 33 - 7 - 7.

As I said before Sabrina Ionescu was a better player than Clark.

She got away with A LOT at Iowa because she had free reign and she played against weak competition. The WNBA isn't a D'antoni/Golden State spread the floor league. Most teams that are good have dominate post players and great perimeter defenders.

She's going to have to adapt. Jacking up 3's won't work in the WNBA. She's not going to get open looks and players are going to D her up before she even gets to center court.

Aaliyah Boston is their best player. They need to build around her. Clark isn't good enough to dominate the ball like she did in college.
i agree, but i also think the schedule is exacerbating their problems. they are front loaded with CT, NY, SEA

when she gets to LA, things will change drastically. even if they lose, it will be competitive and they will have the breathing room to try things out and develop a team identity which they clearly do not have right now.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

WHY WOULDN'T THEY
HAVE THE GOAT PLAY
THE MVP AND THE REIGNING CHAMPS
AT THE START OF THE SEASON?

THEYRE TRYING TO GET RATINGS
WHILE YOURE MORE CONCERNED
ABOUT CLARK LOOKING GOOD.

Ratings over the entire season > ratings for 3 games.

Indiana had the 1st pick for a reason, they aren’t good. The last thing you should want to do is put them up against tough comp, get destroyed, and then have people tune the fukk out.