Do the Aces win AGAIN?!

• Total voters

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
that really makes no sense. The league is mad that the players are being paid. wtf..
You can’t have team owners colluding with their cities to create deals for players to help circumvent the cap, which is exactly what’s happening here.

It's already bad enough that they use taxpayer funds to help pay for stadiums and arenas, but now you want to use them to help sponsor professional athletes as well?

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
You can’t have team owners colluding with their cities to create deals for players to help circumvent the cap, which is exactly what’s happening here.

It's already bad enough that they use taxpayer funds to help pay for stadiums and arenas, but now you want to use them to help sponsor professional athletes as well?
ok I understand. But how is this any different than some of the things that Mark Cuban does with the nice locker rooms and facilities? I know it's not money in the pocket(because the nba doesn't need it).

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Same as going to a company and telling them to sponsor everyone vs giving 1-2 players a deal :yeshrug:

I hope they do the same with the Valks, have all these Silicon Valley companies just throw a bag that can be split amongst all of them :ohlawd:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
ok I understand. But how is this any different than some of the things that Mark Cuban does with the nice locker rooms and facilities? I know it's not money in the pocket(because the nba doesn't need it).
Because the city is acting the middleman so the actual sponsor isn't involved in the deal and therefore a violation of the salary cap rules.

The city being involved is the issue itself as you'd assume that they are doing it at the behest of the owner. If silicon companies want to do it then that's totally fine as it's not use city created sponsorships to help pay for it.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Same as going to a company and telling them to sponsor everyone vs giving 1-2 players a deal :yeshrug:

I hope they do the same with the Valks, have all these Silicon Valley companies just throw a bag that can be split amongst all of them :ohlawd:
That's likely what's going to have to happen in that it's split amongst all of them or there's a hard rules created from it to prevent cities from using sponsorships to try and outbid each other.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

Yup, Oracle will probably "sponsor" every player on the Valkyries as well.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Plus it's owners with more money than mark davis in the NFL
Yeah and there's only like 1 in the WNBA which is the problem

If people look the league's always had it out for the Aces whether it was the new facility Mark built, or Aces supporting chartered flights right along with the Liberty a few years ago. The league's always concerned about a "leg up", Vegas & NY have been trying to give their players perks

Nothing happened to Vegas either time and I doubt anything will now, but it shows there's owners that just can't compete with the Aces/Liberty so they want to keep the product in the dark ages instead of investing more or getting out the way for people with more money