Official Vikings Season 3 Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

:ld:Doesn't look too bad. It actually looks pretty good for a History Channel show.

One girds oneself for some serious hammer time when an opening fight scene of History's compelling and robust new drama series, "Vikings," delivers all the expected gore and blood spatter.

Yet, beyond its blunt-force trauma, "Vikings" turns out to be an adroit and even elegant surprise, simply by aping some of the basic skills of a successful cable drama. The care shown for its dialogue and acting gives it "Sons of Anarchy's" sense of scope, while the 1,200-year dial-back lends it a dash of "Game of Thrones's" medieval mood. And a relatively modest budget keeps "Vikings" honest, in a "Spartacus" way, as a caution for those tempted to take it too seriously.

The story will follow Ragnar Lothbrok, a real historical figure, as he rises from the Viking tribe’s greatest warrior to their eventual king. According to History, the series will “will boast a polished, stylized look that pushes the boundaries of television drama” highlighted by “imaginatively choreographed battles that emphasize individual points of view, strategies and ruses rather than mindless, graphic slaughter.” So it’s safe to say that Vikings won’t be completely like Starz’ historically based hit series, Spartacus: Vengeance. - See more at: History Channel Enters Into Scripted Television With ‘Vikings’
Vikings, the new scripted show from the History Channel is bonkers violent. It's like Game of Thrones without the nudity. Backed by historical research and lots of sexy Australian actors, this show is the channel's first venture into scripted drama. Thankfully writer Michael Hirst from Elizabeth, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, and The Tudors is manning this ship, which gives us a lot of hope for the series. We've got a great clip of some impressively bloody footage showcasing the way sexy TV Vikings slaughter their enemies! Still, the show doesn't glorify its violence too much.
Should hold me over for the next few weeks.

It was smart to put it on @10 instead of 9

Last edited by a moderator:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not bad.

I missed the movie on History channel, they called "Killing Lincoln" has anyone seen it?

[ame]http://youtu.be/5UcLoASmEi0[/ame]

edit: my bad, it was on National Geographic Channel.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
shyt was pretty cool IMO.

Wifey fukked up those cats that was trying to take that puss

:dead:@ his brother trying to bust down his wife when he stepped outside. Looked like they fukked before

The preview for the season looks piff

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this shyt looks sick. I got this set to record when it comes back on at 2AM. I think I'll be :deadrose: before then.

This Bible show is fukking wack

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
I enjoyed it

can't wait for Ragnar to go ham on those dudes in the church...they look shook as hell.

Dr. Sebi Jr.

Trust Me
Daps
Reppin
Not Technically a "Doctor"
The original VIKINGS were BLACK. The Caucopean doesn't want you to KNOW this. They REPLACED historical scholarfied images of Vikings who had DREADLOCKS with whitewashed hats with HORNS on them. Do you know who ELSE had horns? THE JEW. Knowledge is POWER.