Official Triangle, NC/Raleigh-Durham thread...

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I live in the outskirts of wake county right now, which is still semi-country

But I've lived in both of those cities.
How did you like Greensboro? I was thinking of moving there because I see they have good prices for rent. I’m kinda sick of Durham again too.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
How did you like Greensboro? I was thinking of moving there because I see they have good prices for rent. I’m kinda sick of Durham again too.
They have good rent prices until everyone starts moving there and drives it up 🤣 nah Gso should stay pretty affordable, they not growing as rapidly as Durham...

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in college at the time so to me it was dope. But living their after college was boring as shyt.
The great thing about greensboro (and nc in general) is that there are more poppin places that are only a few hrs away if you want to get away for a weekend

My rent was pretty affordable, but I don't about now because the same apt I was living in at the time is now more than 2x the amount I was paying. (Then it was $700, now it's like $1500 and some change)

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
They have good rent prices until everyone starts moving there and drives it up 🤣 nah Gso should stay pretty affordable, they not growing as rapidly as Durham...
Yeaaaa I stay in the rtp area and it’s getting out of hand low key. New spots in the area going up for starting 1600+ so I know they about to increase my lil 1400$

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
:mjlol:

9pQlJWE.jpeg

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I’m in Raleigh for the weekend

Wtf is this age verification shyt when I try to get on x rated sites
I gotta upload my drivers license

:damn:
:why:
Where you staying at bro? I got the girls this weekend, but I can plug you into some of the cool shyt around here! Also at the end of your weekend I need you to up the Nashville/Raleigh thread and give your direct observations on the two!

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Where you staying at bro? I got the girls this weekend, but I can plug you into some of the cool shyt around here! Also at the end of your weekend I need you to up the Nashville/Raleigh thread and give your direct observations on the two!
Downtown
Then I saw Scarface is here tomorrow night, so imma stop by that too

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Downtown
Then I saw Scarface is here tomorrow night, so imma stop by that too
During the day, weather will be nice, this city is stupid active outdoors. The entire city is roped by trails throughout, so if you're into that, there's a ton of trails and parks you can get into...

There's some fire restaurants all around downtown so whatever you're tastes are, I'm pretty sure you can find something you like here. Glenwood is our version of Nashville's Broadway, we don't get the tourism or celebrity Nashville has so it's not the equivalent scale of Broadway, but most nights, especially given tonight is a Saturday night, it's gonna be active as hell...

I live about 5 miles north of Downtown, in North Hills, which is another dope area. You need a car for anything in Raleigh outside Downtown and it's immediate adjacent areas, but it's an easy drive within the general core of the city. I love it here, I prefer it to Nashville, you know I was there twice earlier this year. I think Nashville feels a little bigger but not that much so, and Raleigh is put together better than Nashville I think. Given the fact Raleigh isn't a tourist draw and doesn't have the national brand Nashville has, I think Raleigh compares quite well in general and they are generally the same scale of city---->Raleigh is more diverse though, you'll see that if you're on Glenwood at night but you really gotta leave downtown to see that. There's more Blacks and Hispanics here, and again I just think Raleigh has better infrastructure as a city, it's put together well...

If you're the kind of brother who likes to shop there's a bunch of different areas you can find some dope stores, the closest to you is probably the Village District, which is West Raleigh but its right outside downtown and likely walkable from wherever you're staying!

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
If you want to see the black areas of town, most if the historically black areas ringing Downtown have been gentrified and have a ton of white people there. Southside/Southeast is majority black (58%), most the black folk with money stay in the far Southeast way down Rock Quarry/Walnut Creek/Battle Ridge. There are some livable black hoods further in though, and again the South is majority black so you'll find us almost anywhere if you tour that side of town...

East Raleigh is plurality black (38%), most of that skews suburban but the College Park/St Aug's area is cool, so is Enloe/King Charles...

West Raleigh is where NC State is and is 16% black, but there's some decent shopping and neighborhoods there, the NC Museum of Art is there and that's fire, Dix Park where J Cole has his festival every year, and last weekend, is there, there are some cool areas on the Westside. Just don't expect to see many black people there...

I live on the Northside and it's around 28% black total, most of us live Northeast. You'll see plenty of us here but you'll see plenty of Hispanics too, plenty of whites, some Indians, Africans, Northside hoods have a ton of diversity. Especially if you're around Mini-City, Brentwood, or Triangle Town...