Official Triangle, NC/Raleigh-Durham thread...

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I stayed in Raleigh for a week to cover the Mark Harris trial(crazy shyt) I didn’t get to see too much of it cause I mostly worked the whole time, but it looks like a cool place to be in. Lot of black folks there doing things. Hung out mostly at the Morgan Street food hall.. there was a black owned fish spot in there that I enjoyed plus they were a little more reasonably priced than most of the restaurants there lol. I hope to get back to Raleigh soon.. I’ll be passing through there next week on my way to the Outer Banks though. I can’t wait :wow:

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Once COVID hit, the triangle shut down. I missed 9th wonder's 95Live parties :mjcry:

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
I have a Radio Show called Create Radio in Raleigh on 93.5 FM (Tuesday nights 6-7pm) aswell as a show in Chapel Hill on (103.5 Tuesday 9-10pm)

If you know any artist in the triangle or any other city put me on to them.

I'm also looking for people who want to promote their business to put a playlist together to feature on the show.

Check out these artists from Durham.

YaBoyDannyBlaze

Defacto Thezpian

G Yamazawa

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Good look !

So you focus on recording artists?

I think King Mez was trying to do something similar in Raleigh/Triangle but he linked with Dr. Dre and been outta here ever since . Funny how the west coast is really plugging eastern NC artists because Rapsody got plugged by KDot.

But yeah salute to you the area needs more of this and needs someone to really get the network poppin so my Tre4, Durmite transplant 9th wonder doesn’t have all that leverage as the national gatekeeper of the Triangle :heh:

If you’re anywhere in East Durham or RTP y’all gon eat . My homie crib near there jumped damn near 80k in 5-6 years . All facts .

no county in NC is boomin like RTP Durham and Wake when it comes to the housing market. You’re seeing big gains in every part of Wake with a only a little drop off in Garner. But that’s facts. Period . And it’s def a sellers market right now .

@KageDaBeast good look . I’m all over the Carolinas rippin and runnin but when I touch back down Imma see where they at.

@murksiderock why you ain’t go back to Charlotte ?Sounds like you now settled in for the long haul as a 919er. :heh:

And if you like the sweet ish try Prime BBQ (local) or City BBQ (Ohio chain).

My daughters are here. And I considered going back to Charlotte but can't justify moving 2.5 hours away where I can't be in their lives every day, without a substantial career improvement...

Also have another child on the way in September, different woman but same reasoning applies. So at least until my children become older where they can call me themselves when they want, I'm here maybe for at least a decade so I'm starting to plan in the sense I'm establishing roots here...

nah I dont like the sweet shyt, I like that thick abd spicy Memphis style 'cue!

I'll watch this thread, this and the DMV are places where I would raise a family/retire bc of the abundance of tech jobs, I know the DMV has a lot of well off black people does the research triangle offer the same? @murksiderock

Yeah lotta tech shyt here...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@murksiderock congrats and :salute: for choosing active, engaged fatherhood over possibly more self-centered desires .

Not that it matters coming from me, but I agree that the only justification for moving would be a legitimate, verifiable huge financial come up .

yeah those two cue spots I mentioned are NOT sweet . I mistyped .

Good look on the plugs!

Yeah when me and the kids mom split last year, I took a month to really contemplate going somewhere I really wanna be (Charlotte or even back to California) over staying here. Ultimately if I moved, while I would still give my financial support and phone calls, that is not a replacement for actually being here in person where I can see them and talk to them every day, and the consequences of them not being able to see me every day outweigh any life I could carve out in a place I enjoy...

I love Charlotte but it isnt that bad here. I have and will adjust accordingly, and ultimately I think I made the best decision for both myself and more importantly my children!

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Good look on the plugs!

Yeah when me and the kids mom split last year, I took a month to really contemplate going somewhere I really wanna be (Charlotte or even back to California) over staying here. Ultimately if I moved, while I would still give my financial support and phone calls, that is not a replacement for actually being here in person where I can see them and talk to them every day, and the consequences of them not being able to see me every day outweigh any life I could carve out in a place I enjoy...

I love Charlotte but it isnt that bad here. I have and will adjust accordingly, and ultimately I think I made the best decision for both myself and more importantly my children!
Word and :salute: again . From a parenting perspective , nothing beats an active, present and engaged dad.

and that Charlotte trip really ain’t bad for a weekend getaway . Especially if you still plugged there . I’m not gonna start the QC/Raleigh war , but I’ve always felt you can get what you need outta Charlotte via occasional weekend visits (Friday to Sunday) ... IF you have the bread to do it like it’s supposed to be done .

If you look at that Charlotte thread a number of those folks are seemingly “aging out” as time passes and looking to go elsewhere . But I understand when you have roots there it hits different

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
If you’re anywhere in East Durham or RTP y’all gon eat . My homie crib near there jumped damn near 80k in 5-6 years . All facts .

no county in NC is boomin like RTP Durham and Wake when it comes to the housing market. You’re seeing big gains in every part of Wake with a only a little drop off in Garner. But that’s facts. Period . And it’s def a sellers market right now .

Absolutely. We are a little north of Brier Creek, and we should do very well selling; my homie is my realtor, he said selling won't be a problem, just lining up the timing with finding the new house will be.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Where was this held?
He did like damn near every week at one point. It was off glenwood for a bit. Then it was in the warehouse district for a bit , usually at that higher end Chinese spot . I don’t where it is now .

This the kinda shyt I keep talking about . :mjlol:

When you’re in a city you gotta be intentional about trying to get plugged in. Not every city is gonna throw shyt in your face about what’s poppin :heh:

@Carolina Slim have y’all considered Open Door ? I might be looking to flip while this shyt is still hot , but I wanna get it off quick . Just don’t know anyone that’s considered open door or actually done it .