Official 'Robocop' Thread (February 7, 2014)

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Picture_8.png

cast: Joel Kinnaman, Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Jackie Earle Haley, Jay Baruchel, Michael Kenneth Williams, Abbie Cornish

director: Jose Padilha

vx751.jpg

123bfv7.jpg

BJT6iZ2CUAM7h1s.jpg:large

tumblr_mdw8exRayM1rot0kgo1_500.jpg

Picture_9.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFDu2mftKJA&feature=player_detailpage#t=32s]RoboCop Set Video with the S.W.A.T. Cycle in Action! - YouTube[/ame]

Kemyran

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
I don't know about this.... on paper, it looks good. But I hate the new suit and the first one was such a classic.

EDIT: Wait, what? It's PG-13?

Nope, it doesn't even look good on paper.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joel Kinnaman Talks ‘RoboCop’ New Costume, Movement & Tone [Updated]

Kinnaman expanded upon how the RoboCop reboot will (and won’t) differ thematically from Verhoeven’s film (via Collider):

“I’m such a huge fan of the original. I think I’ve seen the first ‘RoboCop’, 15 or 20 times. I’m like a kid, that way. And, I love all of [Paul] Verhoeven’s movies. He has a very special tone. I love ‘Starship Troopers’, too. That’s really smart. I think he really could portray fascism in a comedic way. It’s funny because both José [Padilha] and Verhoeven were accused of being fascists for their movies because they had fascist leads. So, [the 'RoboCop' reboot is] not going to have [Verhoeven's] tone, but there’s going to be political satire in it.”

Here’s what Kinnaman had to say about the content and potential rating of the new RoboCop:

“I sincerely hope they’re going for R ‘cause I can’t imagine how ‘RoboCop’ could be PG-13. That would be a huge mistake. If I have any say in it, I will fight very hard for it. It has to be violent.”

If Padilha’s work on the Elite Squad series is any indication, the RoboCop reboot could be a genuinely gritty and (at times) brutal sci-fi tale, in terms of the portrayal of violence and its futuristic world design. That would indeed be a fitting way to modernize Alex Murphy’s story, while still paying respect to Verhoeven’s classic work – and that quality would indeed qualify this entire venture as a worthy one, under Screen Rant‘s Top 5 Rules for Movie Remakes.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Really no need for Omar to be playing his partner or the pg-13 rating...the suit looks fine now that I see it in actual footage.

If it gets the R rating Ill see it first day, I love Robocop and wouldnt mind seeing it rebooted at all:yeshrug:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
i dont mind the suit that much, its not like they gonna use the same suit for this film as they had in the original, they had to go the other way with it....i hiope it gets that R rating, shyt cant be pg13....