Official ‘Peacemaker’ Thread | Season 2 in production

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I get what you mean - they're good at playing themselves or a caricature of themselves experiencing the range of emotions.

Like they can't play a character wildly different from themselves but they can adapt their personality to a character's role pretty well. Like Kevin Hart probably couldn't pull off a character like say John Q well but he can play "Kevin Hart if he was a widower and a single father working a desk job" great.

A lot of comedians do dramatic roles well. Weird, but it isn't at the same time.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It was unexpected but fukk her, she went out her way to be a dikk, even though everything was set up for the clearly racist piece of shyt dad to go to jail.

I didn't even know that was the T1000 as Cena's pops until Ep 3. I mean he looked familiar but then I looked it up and was :dead:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
HBO got a Green Lantern show in development since we talking about DC Tv future. I think it's supposed to focus on Guy Gardener and the OG 40s style era GL forget his name. Multiple time periods. Idk if they've started filming yet but they have cast it.

dude playing Guy Gardener

They doing Gardener??? :beli:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Loki was dope and falcon and WS was a victim of having to change the story due to covid so i give it a pass. The rest were mid to trash to me. Hawkeye straight disrespected a legend in the final ep and i cant get down with that at all. Never is a dolo kate bishop seeing a kingpin. Marvel needs to stop letting disney run they agendas and get back to having fiege make all the decisions. Its never been clearer since the end of infinity saga that the mouse got a hand in the cookie jar.

Nah, we not giving Feige a pass when it's bad and giving hiim all the props when it's good. He was over the early Xmen, Daredevil, and Fantastic 4 joints at Fox too. We ain't Cuban B'in the average and bad joints he was over.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This
if anything this shows that when they pick the right director for the character that something amazing happens
Synder just wasn’t the right person to Shepard the whole dc universe by himself
At the end of the day the main dc characters were created from multiple people unlike marvel so it makes sense to let different directors try their hand and slowly build the universe together

or it doesn't even have to be a "universe"

Doom Patrol/Titans is in the same universe, but not in the CW Universe, or the mainline movie universe. Even the new Batman will have it's own universe.

That's fine.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A lot of comedians do dramatic roles well. Weird, but it isn't at the same time.
I remember reading somewhere that it’s partly because comedians need to have a good sense of timing in order to make their jokes land, so that can transfer over into drama (knowing how and when to pause or slow things down to let the drama/tension build in a scene instead of rushing through it). It’s interesting to think about.
I didn't even know that was the T1000 as Cena's pops until Ep 3. I mean he looked familiar but then I looked it up and was :dead:
Yea he put some weight on
:ohhh: I didn’t recognize him until y’all said this.

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
whoah oli kept thinking like man where the fukk do I know dude from lol

Nah, we not giving Feige a pass when it's bad and giving hiim all the props when it's good. He was over the early Xmen, Daredevil, and Fantastic 4 joints at Fox too. We ain't Cuban B'in the average and bad joints he was over.
yea don’t wanna derail this thread but you and the other dude are right about Fiege. He ain’t perfect but he does have way more wins than losses. This phase has had some Ls tho. And let’s be real black widow and externals might be the worst marvel movies.

As far as peacemaker goes it’s a dope ass show and it’s the action, humor and violence that gets me. But I still think Deadpool is the king of this style of superhero movie/show and peacemaker has borrowed a lot from him especially the white boy witty frat himor. Let’s hope Disney atleast knows not to fukk that up. I don’t want a pg13 deadpool. You can tell Gunn don’t give a fukk bout them kids watching this shyt:russ:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
whoah oli kept thinking like man where the fukk do I know dude from lol

yea don’t wanna derail this thread but you and the other dude are right about Fiege. He ain’t perfect but he does have way more wins than losses. This phase has had some Ls tho. And let’s be real black widow and externals might be the worst marvel movies.

As far as peacemaker goes it’s a dope ass show and it’s the action, humor and violence that gets me. But I still think Deadpool is the king of this style of superhero movie/show and peacemaker has borrowed a lot from him especially the white boy witty frat himor. Let’s hope Disney atleast knows not to fukk that up. I don’t want a pg13 deadpool. You can tell Gunn don’t give a fukk bout them kids watching this shyt:russ:

Feige def got more Ws than Ls. No disputing that. But to act like he don't have a lot of mid is :francis:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don’t want a pg13 deadpool.

Not a Deadpool thread but that's probably what will happen or it will need to be completely separate. it'll never appear on Disney+ for example.

Peace to me is a lot better written than Deadpool. it has humor but what Peace also has is heart and that's what separates it from other R-rated comedy stuff..