[Official] Netflix: “The Witcher: Blood Origin” announced. Prequel to 2019 series.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This isn't based off the written works of a best selling pulizer prize winning author, but more fan fiction based on his work. Tells me this might be trash. Hopefully these people at least know the ins and out of the universe and don't do a bunch of bs that make the canon trash.

Two tips in case they post on thecoli.

1) all the storys are basically dark twisted takes on classic fairy tales and folklore. Use that as inspiration, the witcher is basically like, what if Sleeping Beauty was a hideous blood thirsty monster and the product of incest? Keep that theme, don't try to lord of the rings it. No magical rings of power or mystical excaliber swords needed to drive the plot. Also don't try to Game of Thrones it either, you can't kill off Sleeping Beauty in Act 1 and expect the plot to be coherent in act 2 and 3.

2) Characters in the universe live a long time, 1200 years isn't that long ago in witcherverse terms. You'll have to explain why certain people aren't there if they don't show up in the series.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
This isn't based off the written works of a best selling pulizer prize winning author, but more fan fiction based on his work. Tells me this might be trash. Hopefully these people at least know the ins and out of the universe and don't do a bunch of bs that make the canon trash.

Two tips in case they post on thecoli.

1) all the storys are basically dark twisted takes on classic fairy tales and folklore. Use that as inspiration, the witcher is basically like, what if Sleeping Beauty was a hideous blood thirsty monster and the product of incest? Keep that theme, don't try to lord of the rings it. No magical rings of power or mystical excaliber swords needed to drive the plot. Also don't try to Game of Thrones it either, you can't kill off Sleeping Beauty in Act 1 and expect the plot to be coherent in act 2 and 3.

2) Characters in the universe live a long time, 1200 years isn't that long ago in witcherverse terms. You'll have to explain why certain people aren't there if they don't show up in the series.

The author of the books is involved as creative consultant. And the tweet says it's before Geralt's time.

Are they filming season 2 now? All this other stuff isn’t a priority.

S2 though?:beli:

They are quick as hell to expand this universe, then again S1 was a big hit.

Like already said, if it doesn't get in the way of S2's production. :hubie:

I think we're good on that. :whew: Production of season 2 starts next month.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The author of the books is involved as creative consultant. And the tweet says it's before Geralt's time.

I think we're good on that. :whew: Production of season 2 starts next month.
I know this, He's only supposed to be around 80. I'm talking about elves and dwarves and dragons and stuff.
But it's good to know the author is involved.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Dumbass elves for teaching humans how to use magic. What did they think would happen?