Official Hezbollah/Iran-Israel Regional War Thread

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
They fought a brutal war against Saddam Hussein in the 1980s. Hundreds of thousands killed through conventional and chemical weapons means.
This part always sticks out to me. particularly because you don't believe the use of chemical weapons was justification for the removal of Saddam.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This part always sticks out to me. particularly because you don't believe the use of chemical weapons was justification for the removal of Saddam.
George W. Bush and his administration lying the country and the world to an illegal invasion remains WRONG.

I never supported the war in Iraq and never will.

I do not cry about Saddam. He was just like Siad Barre in my parent's home country. Dictators eventually all meet their day.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
George W. Bush and his administration lying the country and the world to an illegal invasion remains WRONG.

I never supported the war in Iraq and never will.

I do not cry about Saddam. He was just like Siad Barre in my parent's home country. Dictators eventually all meet their day.
His ticket was punched. He’s not a figure we need to be sympathetic over.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
His ticket was punched. He’s not a figure we need to be sympathetic over.

No, but we should probably be sympathetic about the 200k dead civilians (and thousands of soldiers) who didn't need to die.

It's crazy how willing people are to ignore the civilian toll of these dumb military adventures.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
No, but we should probably be sympathetic about the 200k dead civilians (and thousands of soldiers) who didn't need to die.

It's crazy how willing people are to ignore the civilian toll of these dumb military adventures.
You're acting like everything was just fine and dandy before.

Saddam killed nearly a half a million of his own people.

Selective outrage.

You can assert and/or accept that the Bush administration lied to form a coalition for the war and acknowledge it as unethical without trying to cast him as some sort of sympathetic figure whose demise is only a result of big bad America picking on him.

That said, this exchange is weird now with how folks who claimed they were just anti-genocide are currently comparing Sinwar to MLK, Malcom X, or trying to gas light folks into believing he went down fighting and should be viewed as a hero/martyr. Particularly when the reality is otherwise.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Selective outrage.

You can assert and/or accept that the Bush administration lied to form a coalition for the war and acknowledge it as unethical without trying to cast him as some sort of sympathetic figure whose demise is only a result of big bad America picking on him.

That said, this exchange is weird now with how folks who claimed they were just anti-genocide are currently comparing Sinwar to MLK, Malcom X, or trying to gas light folks into believing he went down fighting and should be viewed as a hero/martyr. Particularly when the reality is otherwise.

Literally nobody in this thread has said anything sympathetic about Saddam, so that's just another strawman.

Just like being against Israel's actions doesn't mean you're sympathetic to Hamas or Sinwar. The problem is that getting rid of them doesn't remotely justify the deaths of thousands and thousands of civilians who have nothing to do with it.

I mean I'd love to get rid of King Jong Un but that doesn't justify nuking North Korea.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Selective outrage.

This is not a serious person. He created his own premise to argue against and is now arguing against it. It’s unstable.