Essential Official Film Room Random Thoughts Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Are they going to do another season of American Crime Story? Last season was great

No they didn't. It was renewed for S3 and will be about Hurricane Katrina. You're probably thinking of American Crime.
Not too current but an update, we may get the Katrina story or it might be Clinton/Lewinsky
American Crime Story' Season 3 Katrina Release Date, Cast, News - What to Know About ACS: Katrina
gettyimages-607670598-1518713245.jpg

Getty

The most recent season of American Crime Story—which tackles the subject of Gianni Versace's murder—has come to an end, but luckily, there's yet another installment of the series on the horizon. Here's everything we know so far about the third season of Ryan Murphy's hit show:

It Might Be a While Before the Show Premieres.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly in March, Murphy hinted that his team still has a long way to go. "That's a show where we have a lot of things cooking. We literally just edited the [Versace] finale last week, so we haven't made that decision yet," he said. "We're never going to have a Crime Story unless we have the scripts down. I think the reason why Versace went next is because Tom Rob Smith had such a strong take on it. I am not in a rush to move forward with anything unless it's perfect."

It Will Be Set in New Orleans During Hurricane Katrina.
The story will specifically take place at Memorial Medical Center, the New Orleans hospital that was left without power for days and completely overwhelmed with casualties following the hurricane. It will also focus on the decisions of on-duty doctor Anna Pou, and the decisions she reportedly made when she felt the hospital didn't have the resources to save its patients.

Sarah Paulson Will Play Dr. Anna Pou.
Dr. Pou was later charged, alongside two ICU nurses, with the second-degree murder of those patients found with fatal amounts of morphine in their systems. A New Orleans grand jury declined to indict them on the charges.

It's Based on Pulitzer Prize winner Sheri Fink's Book 5 Days At Memorial: Life And Death In A Storm-Ravaged Hospital.
The original source material for the show came from The Great Deluge, by Douglas Brinkley. But Murphy chose to change the inspiration for the show this past August. Fink's book documents the decisions made by the doctors during the crisis, as the hospital was left without power or an evacuation plan. Dr. Pou reportedly decided to leave 23 patients whom she expected would not make it with lethal amounts of morphine in their systems. The hospital ended up being evacuated the following day.

The Series Was Supposed To Air In The Versace Slot.
Apparently, producers were having a difficult time wrapping up the plot, and FX Networks CEO John Landgraf told Deadline that the team had to make "a big creative pivot," part of which meant changing the source material. Because of this, production and the air date were pushed back, and major casting changes were made. The original cast included Annette Bening, Matthew Broderick, and Dennis Quaid, with Quaid portrayingthen-President George W. Bush, Bening the Louisiana governor, and Broderick as the director of FEMA. Some outlets have reported that the Katrina story might still to be switched with the 4th installment, which chronicles the Lewinsky-Clinton scandal.

Here's How To Watch ACS:
You can catch season 1 on Netflix and Amazon, season 2 on FX, and stay tuned for more information on the release and where to watch for the third installment.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
after sticking with the opinion that The Sandlot was the GOAT baseball movie and not accepting any other answers, i legit think A League of Their Own might be. Anyone that says melodramatic bullshyt like Field of Dreams deserves to get beaned.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
after sticking with the opinion that The Sandlot was the GOAT baseball movie and not accepting any other answers, i legit think A League of Their Own might be. Anyone that says melodramatic bullshyt like Field of Dreams deserves to get beaned.

Major League >

Don't even think Field of Dreams would make my top 10

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i'm in the minority... i like Major League 2 more than the first one, and I'll die on that hill.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Got a Black Friday super deal Hulu is .99 cents a month today only!!! Just started Steven universe from episode 1!! :ahh:

I watch the show, but haven’t been able to watch t from the first episode