Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Its zero lukes in top 8, and he got destroyed by ken to be put in losers.

he just a hoe ass neega.
Tokido made it to top 8 using urien?????

Daigo vs Tokido for last Evo finals in SF5 would be legendary

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Enjoyed what I saw of KOF and GG. Only have 2 complaints.

Wtf with all those ads!!!! I like to settle in with the stream on my tv but couldn’t mess with that for too long because i needed to switch to a different stream after every match hoping the other games weren’t also showing ads.

Second, the commentary has gone completely into parody territory. These people aren’t even speaking English at times, just non stop spouting off memes and pop culture references. “From the cradle to the grave, DMX, what you really want from a player. Oooh Swiss cheese in the grater, that’s a big boy gonna need to super size that combo. Order is uuuuuuuuuuuuuup”.

Wife heard that shyt and came in to see what the hell I was watching.
The ad issue is bigger than EVO. Everywhere I go online now is riddled with ads. Even this site with these irritating, take up half the screen ass ads are getting out of hand.

And yea commentary is complete shyt now. You can blame Saint Cola for that. The rapid fire weak ass puns and references is all Saint Cola and he got 50 children out here doing even worse impressions of what he's doing. He's like a gentrified Yipes

It's to the point now that whenever I see that Lamont Sanford fro at the commentary desk I hit the mute ASAP:francis:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
The ad issue is bigger than EVO. Everywhere I go online now is riddled with ads. Even this site with these irritating, take up half the screen ass ads are getting out of hand.

And yea commentary is complete shyt now. You can blame Saint Cola for that. The rapid fire weak ass puns and references is all Saint Cola and he got 50 children out here doing even worse impressions of what he's doing. He's like a gentrified Yipes

It's to the point now that whenever I see that Lamont Sanford fro at the commentary desk I hit the mute ASAP:francis:
Saint Cola is so trash on commentary. Like get poeple who are actually knowledgeable and play fighting games. People think that they can copy Yipes but they don't know Yipes is a fighting game legend, dude isn't just a beast at MvC2 but he can play every game he commentates well; Street Fighter 5 and Guilty Gear Strive. F-Word and Jammerz are also very good at Street Fighter V. If you're not great at the game at least be knowledgeable like Sajam, Logansama. James Chen and Ultra david cause they're legends and do good commentary etc...

These new nikkas just be yelling random shyt into the mic, fukking trash.

They need to keep commentators to people who are at least decent at the respective game and know shyt, otherwise you get a mofo like saint cola

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Enjoyed what I saw of KOF and GG. Only have 2 complaints.

Wtf with all those ads!!!! I like to settle in with the stream on my tv but couldn’t mess with that for too long because i needed to switch to a different stream after every match hoping the other games weren’t also showing ads.

Second, the commentary has gone completely into parody territory. These people aren’t even speaking English at times, just non stop spouting off memes and pop culture references. “From the cradle to the grave, DMX, what you really want from a player. Oooh Swiss cheese in the grater, that’s a big boy gotta super size that combo. Order is uuuuuuuuuuuuuup”.

Wife heard that shyt and came in to see what the hell I was watching. :francis:
Funny me and my homies were thinking the same thing. We've watched and attended a lot of evos and the ad's this evo are on another level. We just chalked it up to being corporate run now. That or with them trying to juggle so many players on stream they figured ad's were better than "we'll be back" for 15 mins.
But 9 times out of 10 its just a corporate thing now, all that stuff cost money and evo is just big enough were spamming ads is needed and profitable.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, Smash never really held my attention. I'm not sure why. I love all of the characters, so it's not that.

But MultiVersus is a game I can see myself watching and playing.
If smash played with items I would probably watch... the one evo they did I watched a ton of smash in the hall.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny me and my homies were thinking the same thing. We've watched and attended a lot of evos and the ad's this evo are on another level. We just chalked it up to being corporate run now. That or with them trying to juggle so many players on stream they figured ad's were better than "we'll be back" for 15 mins.
But 9 times out of 10 its just a corporate thing now, all that stuff cost money and evo is just big enough were spamming ads is needed and profitable.
That's the problem tho.

They do the ads AND the "we'll be back" 5-10 minute break after EVERY match

Then when they get back from the long ass breaks nikkas ain't even ready to play :gucci: . So now we gotta watch a 3 minute button check

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saint Cola is so trash on commentary. Like get poeple who are actually knowledgeable and play fighting games. People think that they can copy Yipes but they don't know Yipes is a fighting game legend, dude isn't just a beast at MvC2 but he can play every game he commentates well; Street Fighter 5 and Guilty Gear Strive. F-Word and Jammerz are also very good at Street Fighter V. If you're not great at the game at least be knowledgeable like Sajam, Logansama. James Chen and Ultra david cause they're legends and do good commentary etc...

These new nikkas just be yelling random shyt into the mic, fukking trash.

They need to keep commentators to people who are at least decent at the respective game and know shyt, otherwise you get a mofo like saint cola
I just need that dude to get a shape up or cut his hair, but yeah his commentary is pretty weak. I think he's just "safe" and knowledgeable enough. also far as annoying as he is he's 10 times better than some of these super wanna be over the top "professionals" with suits.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly, Smash never really held my attention. I'm not sure why. I love all of the characters, so it's not that.

But MultiVersus is a game I can see myself watching and playing.

Yeah multiverse looks like it gonna fill in for smash nicely. Perfect timing for warner bros

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the problem tho.

They do the ads AND the "we'll be back" 5-10 minute break after EVERY match

Then when they get back from the long ass breaks nikkas ain't even ready to play :gucci: . So now we gotta watch a 3 minute button check
Yo, the breaks they've been taking have been a problem since like 2017. I remember before that they'd at least play 6 or 7 matches before a break. All those interruptions ruin the vibe.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Thank you. I hate hate hate this nikka. Im like how is this dude from Chicago and such a fukking lame, giving us a terrible name. Aint never heard a breh from the city talk like him