Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Fukkery aside that Rob stream was a great discussion on how the fgc can and needs to grow because I don't think nikkas realize Street Fighter 6 BETTER work or this whole thing is :francis:

Honestly? IDC if the fgc grows or not. A majority of the top players are childish, immature bytch ass nikkas who get to play a game for a living and still act like they are owed the world for it. What pray tell does a sponsor even get from one of these clowns wearing their gear. Its basically money laundering. Punk dumb ass wants to get played to play a exhibition not realizing arturo n spooky the reason cats like him got so popular from hosting nlbc weekly n streaming majors to give said player exposure. If you really that nice and go and show up youll gain thousands of followers for a half hour of work. nikkas is stupid

Nvm in the quest for esports or whatver the games have gotten worse and worse. we will never get another umvc, xrd, sf4 etc

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly? IDC if the fgc grows or not. A majority of the top players are childish, immature bytch ass nikkas who get to play a game for a living and still act like they are owed the world for it. What pray tell does a sponsor even get from one of these clowns wearing their gear. Its basically money laundering. Punk dumb ass wants to get played to play a exhibition not realizing arturo n spooky the reason cats like him got so popular from hosting nlbc weekly n streaming majors to give said player exposure. If you really that nice and go and show up youll gain thousands of followers for a half hour of work. nikkas is stupid

Nvm in the quest for esports or whatver the games have gotten worse and worse. we will never get another umvc, xrd, sf4 etc
It's fine to feel that way and I don't know how deep you are into the fgc but my point is there wont be an fgc if things keep going the way they are right now

Nikkas ain't about to keep dropping sponsorship, game development, promotional money for something that ain't pulling a decent return. This is why sponsors come and go.

Nikkas forget or don't even know that Ono had to beg Capcom for years to make SF4 because they had no plans of ever making another fighting game. Even now Capcom didn't have a dedicated fighting game division till midway through SF5. The reason it's taken so long is because Capcom has massively lucrative franchises and fighting games are lagging behind
. This is why shyt has to grow

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's fine to feel that way and I don't know how deep you are into the fgc but my point is there wont be an fgc if things keep going the way they are right now

Nikkas ain't about to keep dropping sponsorship, game development, promotional money for something that ain't pulling a decent return. This is why sponsors come and go.

Nikkas forget or don't even know that Ono had to beg Capcom for years to make SF4 because they had no plans of ever making another fighting game. Even now Capcom didn't have a dedicated fighting game division till midway through SF5. The reason it's taken so long is because Capcom has massively lucrative franchises and fighting games are lagging behind
I agree but fighting games have a ceiling. They can Easy Mode the games as much as they want, there will be skill gaps. ATP, I'd (as well as a lot of real FG players) rather play the old shyt than these new games if they insist on watering them down for E-Sports. Capcom has to make up its mind.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Does the FGC need to grow though? Netherrealm’s FGC scene is arguably trash and they are going platinum when it comes to sales.

SF6 is addressing a lot of those issues, Nakayama said so himself, robust Single player content, multiplayer, and extras.

What Capcom needs is to maximize the brand that’s why we’re seeing so much SF merch. Capcom needs casuals and it’s exactly what Max said being FG only limits your reach.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Ive been in the fgc and smash scene for over half my life. At one point for a few years I was actually really really nice. Its still fukk where shyt is at right now. 0.01% of the player base being able to make a living from this or not aint going to kill the scene :mjlol: dogshyt games will.

As long as you have several people where you live who want to play and or improve you have a fgc. People seem to think if manchildren like punk cant get paid for their ever so arduous time of playing games the fgc is going to die. fukk that nikka. If they dont make more games playing older shyt which are better games anyway.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does the FGC need to grow though? Netherrealm’s FGC scene is arguably trash and they are going platinum when it comes to sales.

SF6 is addressing a lot of those issues, Nakayama said so himself, robust Single player content, multiplayer, and extras.

What Capcom needs is to maximize the brand that’s why we’re seeing so much SF merch. Capcom needs casuals and it’s exactly what Max said being FG only limits your reach.
We're saying the same thing tho. I'm not talking just about eSports. When I talk about growth I mean from every side. The fgc, the devs, the casuals, content creators etc. There's an ecosystem there that hasn't been curated properly

The fgc kept SF5 afloat after a horrible launch. Without the pro players and content creators keeping shyt pushing we probably wouldn't have a SF6 on the way. My point is everybody needs each other for us all to get the most out of these games

He can be irritating but Sonicfox was speaking facts when he was talking about content creation. He knows how to bring excitement and moments that bring casuals. His rivalry matches with Go1 in DBFZ have millions of views. Him saying "I lost the match but won when I raised his hand" shows that he gets the bigger picture

And while you say NRS has a trash scene they're probably the optimal example of a well curated fg scene. They have a complete game with a competitive scene, consistent content AND casuals. Nikkas could learn a lot from NRS

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
I agree but fighting games have a ceiling. They can Easy Mode the games as much as they want, there will be skill gaps. ATP, I'd (as well as a lot of real FG players) rather play the old shyt than these new games if they insist on watering them down for E-Sports. Capcom has to make up its mind.
They seem to be catching on though. If you want to pull numbers, you gotta have something to draw in the casuals.

The thing about a lot of FGs last gen is that they thought they could address this by making the games "easier" to improve player retention.

It's well known by now that this shyt doesn't actually work.
What screwed Capcom up when SFV launched was people looking at that 60 bucks price tag. The content on that game was a dusty survival mode, poorly illustrated and uninteresting individual stories you can beat in 5 minutes, training mode, and a damn near unplayable online. I'm not even mentioning the 8f input delay.

That shyt just wasn't marketable where it counted, which is word of mouth.

Now, FGs are actually investing more into a fleshed-out single-player experience. That has a much, much higher chance of working. There's still something to work on when it comes to actually teaching people the game so they don't get smoked online and get mad. But it's a better step.