Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think there are any out right broken characters in the game but a quite a few cheap ones, be it because of their VTriggers, neutral tools or both (Hi Akuma!)

Poison vexes me as a purist as she effectively has the same tool set as the OG Dhalsim but much better (harder hitting attacks, Fire D.O.T, EX Heartraid which is safe of block and give her auto 50/50, a short ranged overhead)

I wish they’d made Sim toptier instead
Dhalsim don't need no help.

I hate to say this because it can be cliche but Dhalsim is a pilot's character. Not quite in the 50/50 tier like Gief but along those lines. In the right hands he can look like he's an easy S. He cant be ranked on the traditional scale

The thing is Sim is probably the most difficult character to play in the game besides Akuma. I would lean towards harder because he requires screen awareness and knowledge on a level that no once else in the game does

What Poison has over him is that high ass stun and damage that makes her look like a boss character but that's about it

Dhalsim is one of the best characters in the game if a nikka is in his groove

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Dhalsim don't need no help.

I hate to say this because it can be cliche but Dhalsim is a pilot's character. Not quite in the 50/50 tier like Gief but along those lines. In the right hands he can look like he's an easy S. He cant be ranked on the traditional scale

The thing is Sim is probably the most difficult character to play in the game besides Akuma. I would lean towards harder because he requires screen awareness and knowledge on a level that no once else in the game does

What Poison has over him is that high ass stun and damage that makes her look like a boss character but that's about it

Dhalsim is one of the best characters in the game if a nikka is in his groove
I agree with you entirely (except I think he’s A when fully maximised) . Just slightly frustrates me to see a top tier player work their ass off to shave off half a health bar when she can do it with one Ex bar and a throw. FANG shares those same struggles as well .

Suppose with these type of characters, a marginal buff, given their unique tool sets, could easily accelerate them into the cheap/broken category.

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think all the info that came out of the Smash community during this summer really set off a number of red flags that Nintendo does not want to deal with at all. I even think Nintendo's support of Smash Ultimate is done. They want to preserve a certain image, and giving publicity and support to those competitive communities could create a ripple effect with consumers and investors.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I think all the info that came out of the Smash community during this summer really set off a number of red flags that Nintendo does not want to deal with at all. I even think Nintendo's support of Smash Ultimate is done. They want to preserve a certain image, and giving publicity and support to those competitive communities could create a ripple effect with consumers and investors.

Gonna try to limit myself to this being the last I get on the subject of it. But Triforce pretty much buries the shyt out of the melee community in this vid.

and then you see the melee community looking like even more shyt with this nonsense in this vid. Leffen complaining about people pushing narratives in those tweets tho is rather hilarious.

in short, the melee community just cares about the melee community and are beyond help.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
this Japan playoffs for DBFZ is actually crazy.

Kazunoko is a great player. geez. Baby Vegeta trailer?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Kaz was PRESSING DUDE. Go1 defense is pretty good but his anchor definitely GT Goku. But eventually you'll have to go in.

I did indeed admire that defense of his.

SS4 Gogeta

That one shocked the crap out of me. WOW.

edit: did people really want Omega Shenron? I'm seeing Omega stans in the chat rather heated. :mjlol: