Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Those characters are literally only ranked that high BECAUSE of Idom. Think of how many people do work with the actual broken characters in that game. Its literally one or two Lauras. Half the game has disgusting v triggers. Thats why the game is objectively shyt imo but thats another topic.

If yall find breh lovable thats on you but from being in that scene 15ish years that type of cat always annoyed me.

Also its like if a team beat you 8 times soundly in the regular season, and you beat them in the nba finals. Is anyone going to give two shyts about the 8 ones during the reg season lol. Thats what him losing capcup is like.
These are facts.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Those characters are literally only ranked that high BECAUSE of Idom. Think of how many people do work with the actual broken characters in that game. Its literally one or two Lauras. Half the game has disgusting v triggers. Thats why the game is objectively shyt imo but thats another topic.

If yall find breh lovable thats on you but from being in that scene 15ish years that type of cat always annoyed me.

Also its like if a team beat you 8 times soundly in the regular season, and you beat them in the nba finals. Is anyone going to give two shyts about the 8 ones during the reg season lol. Thats what him losing capcup is like.
Exactly.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN

Cap, he’s the OG Laura 100% but he didn’t push her into A tier, her V Trigger got a massive buff which catapulted her into A tier (& was a catalyst to his recent success). Poison was introduced broken as is a widely used character.

Y’all trying so hard to discredit Punk but the thing is he’s objectively a SFV legend (through accolades) alongside Tokido. All this energy you’re giving Idom for winning CC needs to be given equally to Mena RD amongst others (he beat Tokido from Losers for 250k just like Punk/Idom) otherwise it’s emotional babble

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Cap, he’s the OG Laura 100% but he didn’t push her into A tier, her V Trigger got a massive buff which catapulted her into A tier (& was a catalyst to his recent success). Poison was introduced broken as is a widely used character.

Y’all trying so hard to discredit Punk but the thing is he’s objectively a SFV legend (through accolades) alongside Tokido. All this energy you’re giving Idom for winning CC needs to be given equally to Mena RD amongst others (he beat Tokido from Losers for 250k just like Punk/Idom) otherwise it’s emotional babble

Huh?

Where all the other lauras and poisons winning majors with them :mjlol: this is like saying ohhhh Pikachu is A tier, but its not because of Axe the only player to do work with him. Or Ogawa and Eddie. Those characters got their tier through results of one person. Give breh his roses, he made that character. Also Poison Broken in a game that has Akuma, Urien, Rashid, Seth, G...lol come on now.

Punk is great at the game. No one is arguing that. Hes also a weird immature twat who fans ignore it because hes good, like I said. This isnt an isolated thing in the fgc at all. Chris G is another. Sonicfox is a degenerate cringe furry. Fchamp for years was a more flamboyant punk. You good at games you can get away with it.

Its nothing emotional its facts. Breh literally says dumb shyt dozens of times a year but if he was a scrub he would get called out more for it. LTG a scrub, says dumb shyt gets banned. Punk says dumb shyt its hyuck thats just punk being punk hyuck. I never jooks with that shyt. When I was playing heavy I aint want to be buddy buddy with these fgc hollywood nikkas I wanted to kill them, the game done changed indeed :francis:

I surmise its only a couple of if any cats on here who have gotten more wins in tournies than me but Im not in here being a ass to yall and saying your opinion dont count cuz Im better. Thats fu fu ass behavior. Thats the type of cat ur defending right na

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
@Carrion Flowers
1) You said Idom made Laura Toptier, I explained how she got there (buffs). Fuudo is the most prominent Poison user outside Idom but there are quite a few others

- As for majors , Idom himself has just 1 tournament win in his SFV lifetime (Premier or Ranking) & it’s CC because prior to the buffs he wasn’t making noise (& to his defense, he didn’t travel much).

- ‘ Also Poison Broken in a game that has Akuma, Urien, Rashid, Seth, G’

Yes, multiple cheap/broken characters can co-exist...

You final paragraph shooting off ad hominems at Chris G & Sonic Fox neither of whom had anything to with the topic confirmed you’re a bit emotional. Unless you know these people first hand you shouldn’t be in your feelings so much.

Imma leave it cos it’s not that serious, roll on Capcom Cup Covid Edition

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Ive actually had convos with most of these folks over the years and my homie used to literally manage echo fox fgc division and would tell me all about the fukkery he had to deal with. Im not just talking from a place of ignorance, these folks are big ass children.

IDK why the cop out when you dont have a retort is lol your emotionallll.

Broken characters but basically only one or two people wins with them. And to cap it Laura aint even top tier after all that.

Makes sense. You dont know what an actual broken character looks like. 1.0 kokonoe, vergil, 1.0 Elphelt, lee roy, the top 3 in AC and 3rd strike, ae yun, OG adult Gohan...I could go on but to put Poison alongside them as broken :mjlol: to discredit breh?

It calls into question ur knowledge on the topic no offense :hubie: if poison is broken you basically saying every A tier character ever released is as well. Oh shyt Ky is a good solid character...BROKEN

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Huh?

Where all the other lauras and poisons winning majors with them :mjlol: this is like saying ohhhh Pikachu is A tier, but its not because of Axe the only player to do work with him. Or Ogawa and Eddie. Those characters got their tier through results of one person. Give breh his roses, he made that character. Also Poison Broken in a game that has Akuma, Urien, Rashid, Seth, G...lol come on now.

Punk is great at the game. No one is arguing that. Hes also a weird immature twat who fans ignore it because hes good, like I said. This isnt an isolated thing in the fgc at all. Chris G is another. Sonicfox is a degenerate cringe furry. Fchamp for years was a more flamboyant punk. You good at games you can get away with it.

Its nothing emotional its facts. Breh literally says dumb shyt dozens of times a year but if he was a scrub he would get called out more for it. LTG a scrub, says dumb shyt gets banned. Punk says dumb shyt its hyuck thats just punk being punk hyuck. I never jooks with that shyt. When I was playing heavy I aint want to be buddy buddy with these fgc hollywood nikkas I wanted to kill them, the game done changed indeed :francis:

I surmise its only a couple of if any cats on here who have gotten more wins in tournies than me but Im not in here being a ass to yall and saying your opinion dont count cuz Im better. Thats fu fu ass behavior. Thats the type of cat ur defending right na

Dude won one major, relax.

Poison is a top 6 character. Rashid and Akuma are definitely 1 and 2. Kolin, Seth, Urien round out the rest.

He does say dumb stuff and gets penalized for it. Called out Alex Valle's lagging and had to start off in the losers bracket for a tourney this past week.

He's a competitor, likes to talk trash and gets emotional when things don't go his way. You see the same in the NBA and NFL. Everyone has become friends in this era and it is refreshing to have some of the old school disrespect but he keeps it consistent.

He teabagging and talking his trash from day 1 and still does it. If you have that killer mentality you gonna get him, but he's also gonna come back and let you know the score.

:yeshrug:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Dude won one major, relax.

Poison is a top 6 character. Rashid and Akuma are definitely 1 and 2. Kolin, Seth, Urien round out the rest.

He does say dumb stuff and gets penalized for it. Called out Alex Valle's lagging and had to start off in the losers bracket for a tourney this past week.

He's a competitor, likes to talk trash and gets emotional when things don't go his way. You see the same in the NBA and NFL. Everyone has become friends in this era and it is refreshing to have some of the old school disrespect but he keeps it consistent.

He teabagging and talking his trash from day 1 and still does it. If you have that killer mentality you gonna get him, but he's also gonna come back and let you know the score.

:yeshrug:

He won thee major. Not just a major. A bracket full of nothing but killers. Give him his due. U cant be the son to someone who took 200k out your hands, thats all I was saying lol. Even if shes top 6 that doesnt make her broken. SF5 for as garbage as it has been in its lifetime has no broken characters. Nothing even close. Yeah the top tiers are obnoxious, broken? The systems in place kind of inherently makes it so no one can be outright broken.

Like seriously yall need to go watch some 1.0 kokonoe mirrors. That is broken :mjlol:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Ive actually had convos with most of these folks over the years and my homie used to literally manage echo fox fgc division and would tell me all about the fukkery he had to deal with. Im not just talking from a place of ignorance, these folks are big ass children.

IDK why the cop out when you dont have a retort is lol your emotionallll.

Broken characters but basically only one or two people wins with them. And to cap it Laura aint even top tier after all that.

Makes sense. You dont know what an actual broken character looks like. 1.0 kokonoe, vergil, 1.0 Elphelt, lee roy, the top 3 in AC and 3rd strike, ae yun, OG adult Gohan...I could go on but to put Poison alongside them as broken :mjlol: to discredit breh?

It calls into question ur knowledge on the topic no offense :hubie: if poison is broken you basically saying every A tier character ever released is as well. Oh shyt Ky is a good solid character...BROKEN

Wait a minute....Reppin Minneapolis...claims of a low-key fighting game "career". This you, Zue$, lol?!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Wait a minute....Reppin Minneapolis...claims of a low-key fighting game "career". This you, Zue$, lol?!
:mjlit: I never had a fgc career where it was my job and u know that I hope u ain try to clown like old times lol

U know I was certified on them sticks. nikka stayed trashing me till I would sneak up in a top 16/8 at a major and show out. U know this mane

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Just watched the VOD on Punk's stream. This man brings the best fukkery. I was laughing my ass off the entire time. That Double perfect on a bad matchup was too fukking good. :russ:

But iDom still washed his ass at Capcom Cup and took that 250k home. :ufdup: