Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
MKX is not going to make it....

Its clearly 4th behind USF4, Smash, and UMVC3. It's going to be even worse when SF5 drops. I don't know what it is about that game but it's hard to watch.
I think it could make it to one more Evo. I mean as long as it stays right behind SF4/SF5, Smash and UMVC3, it'll be okay. But yeah hard to tell how strong it'll stay, since its the newest game at the tournament and only the 5th most popular.

It all depends really on how big Tekken 7 is, and whether Guilty Gear, Killer Instinct and Persona Arena hold.

Evo 2016 will probably look like

SF5
SF4
MVC3
Tekken 7 (it needs at least one console Evo appearance)
Smash/Smash WiiU (both?)

So that's already potentially 6 games. If we go by Evo 2015, which has 8 games on the main streams, that means there's two spots left. Could MKX beat out GG, KI and Persona? I think so. Especially Ki and Persona, unless MS has some kinda KI deal going.

Also, who knows, maybe Evo will be even bigger next year and they manage to stream 10 different games. You also have to remember MKX is a Warner Bros/Netherrealm game so they can probably provide some kinda incentives ($$$$) for the Evo guys to run it one more time.

And honestly, I think it's a great game. It's not QUITE there yet (SF4/MVC3/SF5 level) because it's got some pretty big flaws in its design philosophy, but it can still give us some hype top 8s. MK11 could be the true masterpiece in the MK series if the guys at NR manage to keep all of the good things about MKX and fix the bad (focus on 50/50s/corner crushing)

Last edited:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was some bad ass black chick wrecking shop on the ki stream. Ass was phat and everything. She don't know it but she's wifey. :noah:

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
There was some bad ass black chick wrecking shop on the ki stream. Ass was phat and everything. She don't know it but she's wifey. :noah:

Damn is her name Pink Diamond or some shyt I heard there was a chick there but damn I haven't seen her yet. I turned the stream on just to see this chick.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what it is but KI seems to be the only fighting game that I see :noah:looking chicks play on a consistent basis

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Everyone who has talked shyt about EVO or Mr Wizard got some bs pools......

No way Terry Bogard should be in Chris G's pool.

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This match was WTF. How the hell does Chris G always put himself in the most opportune positions. I would have thought that Terry would make it a 3-2 match but Chris G just crushed him.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She should start streaming or some shyt. She could probably make a killing off these nerds.