Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That was one of the shockers of Brian Junior's shoot interview he did when he first got into the wrestling business. Apparently, at the time of that interview, Melanie and Brian Senior were living separately and planning for a divorce. She was shacking with the man who would go on to be his terrible stepfather.

In Melanie's defense, at the time Brian Senior was basically a zombie shambling around on all the pills and steroids because he wouldn't retire and start working behind the scenes. (Jim Ross wanted him on commentary. Can you imagine that voice as the voice of the Attitude Era, y'all?) However, I wouldn't have let the man she married thereafter feed my goldfish, much less parent my children. Your first and only job as a parent is to protect those babies.

Don't do drugs, y'all.
Got damn I wish he leaned into commentary. I don't remember if he was good on Shotgun. I can see him being the Attitude Era's Jesse Ventura.:mjcry::mjcry:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
that was a cold part 2 of the pillman ep

those injuries from the wreck was the beginning of the end..and it was his own doing :smh:

before that brian pillman got it done in the ring, he was dope in wcw..in comparison to seeing him wrestle in wwf :smh:

fukk what they say...pillman's gotta gun is legendary TV..WWE hasnt put out anything that compelling in a while that compares to that

the shyt they described he had to do to wrestle..the IV shyt...man...esp since he had to provide..broken body and all

only vince and jim ross went to the funeral...that was kinda cold

melanie pillman is a piece of shyt..the royalty checks did not go to the damn kids or anything..brian jr is a better man than me to forgive..im sure the other 2 pillman kids..esp brittany pretty much :camby: as they should

brian's sister is a saint..she held her brother down while alive and with his kids after his death

vince is an a$$hole carny..melanie said dont mention any drug shyt during the interview...mentions it anyways

it was weird seeing jim cornette emotional trying not to cry...dude had pain and despair all over his face talking about his death

what brian jr went through was rough..im surprised he didnt mention any story of him eventually beating the crap out of his stepfather...hope he does get something out of the wrestling biz in the aew and none of the demons his pops had..i think it was mentioned a lot of brian's contemporaries and friends like stone cold look out for him which is good to hear

it was very well done

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Still watching part 1 (had to stop for a bit after the discussion of Rochelle and Melanie...pissed me off too much as I was watching it, and I've known the ins and outs of that story for at least a decade now)...

Kim Wood should have been in the business. One of the best minds for the business seen in these docs, and he wasn't even in the business like that. Probably tells you something about how smart these wrestling politicians really are when an NFL strength coach can (with Pillman as the point man, of course) play multiple locker rooms like this.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This put over Pillman pretty big despite him being so heavy into drugs and fukking leaving his wife that he already had kids with for a stripper :mjlol:I dont know man, I feel like that's both a very grimy and very stupid move that he didn't make quickly, and they're acting like he was a mastermind for getting over on Bischoff and Vince with his shoot gimmick.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
68c9d3177845592383449b18639c5c6b.gif

tenor.gif

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Kim Wood should have been in the business. One of the best minds for the business seen in these docs, and he wasn't even in the business like that. Probably tells you something about how smart these wrestling politicians really are when an NFL strength coach can (with Pillman as the point man, of course) play multiple locker rooms like this.
Yeah that was what I was thinking while hearing him speak, if I was in the business I’m seeking that guy out and trying to get his advice. His opinion of Vince, who’s supposed to be this God more or less in this industry and Kim Wood literally reduced him to nothing more than a whore to be abused in his eyes is really :picard: as a soundbite but :ohhh: when you digest it because you realize he’s got this business completely figured out. Outside perspectives broaden horizons and Pillman was very fortunate to have a mind like that in his corner

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Well, that's certainly an omission.

That's my one beef with these editors - the omissions they choose to make that would further the story. I would have also loved Les Thatcher's take on why they stopped doing the Pillman memorial shows in Cincinatti. Because that's certainly a tale as well.

The story is about Brian Pillman, not Melanie Pillman. I think it's fine for them to overlook all that bullshyt.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Well, that's certainly an omission.

That's my one beef with these editors - the omissions they choose to make that would further the story. I would have also loved Les Thatcher's take on why they stopped doing the Pillman memorial shows in Cincinatti. Because that's certainly a tale as well.
Brian Jr. talked about that a bit in a shoot interview. He thanked Vince for allowing talent to do the shows, he also mentioned that Melanie would blow the money so that’s probably why Les stopped doing them.