Official Coli Instrumental Showcase Signup Thread

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
With the success of the annual coli tournament. I wanted to try and contribute a thread that would potentially keep up the thrills of competition for those that would like to work on things and compete as often as their schedule allows.

My goal is to get a match going on everyday of the week. Mind you these battles can be scheduled in advance so everyone is ready to post up by the date agreed upon. With focusing only on a certain number of battles per day (1 per day at the start) each battle will have a brief spotlight on it.

Since CuzinQ won the tournament this year he can start out as "Champion" by default. If he doesn't want it- then Chubbs will have it- and if neither of them want it, it will be vacant, and we will cross that bridge if we get to it.

Mind you no one has to battle if they don't want to its just something I figured that would keep the tunnel buzzing especially through the madness of the Coronavirus.

But if you want to battle q, make your battle record impecable to stake your claim at a challenge- go beat some coli heavy hitters and shock the board- That way we limit the challenging on any one individual.

If you are considered champion You can relinquish the belt, or you can defend it. No ducking or dodging though this isn't boxing and people would generally want to see the best matches.

At least one match a month from the champion, if not they get stripped of it. There is no ranking system outside of the #1 Contender and the champion) which gives people more incentive to stake there claim not worrying about the losses but instead focusing on the craft and the competition of battling. (The 1 battle a month defense frequency is also work in progress.

This will be edited as we get going to keep things fluid) All championship matches will be booked in advance!
Feel free to tag me in you championship challenges posts for now and I will attempt to make things happen.

This is just an idea, it may fall flat on its face, but nothing ventured nothing gained. I know i'm going to have to edit this at some point. so worry not on the exact details

You can set up various parameters of your battle IE Genre/ Time-Limit/ Number of days on the polls etc. You can even turn your battle into a series (IE best of 3- 5-7.) especially for something like a championship match.

Terms must be agreed upon before the match is considered booked.
once booked- we can all comment on the incoming match to build some buzz behind the match and show love to the combatants/ or dislike etc haha.
If the competitors want to go all out the can post videos talking about what they are going to do (their style or whatever, making an instrumental video/tutorial or they can talk smack- it's all in an effort to promote themselves, the fight and get and keep people interested. of course none of this is mandatory

You want to work on trap? You may want to challenge someone like a cory or chubbs etc
You want to work on Old school R&B sampling? you may want to challenge Clanarchy, or Tekbeatz etc
You want to work on beats with time limits for other competitions you may want to challenge me etc

Goals
keep the forum engaged, so something is going on.
The more you post, the more people are liable to checkout your material when you post in other places and it won't fall on def-ears that's what I see happening a lot when people post in certain threads.

2. To Let people know across the coli that the tunnel is legit I promoted a battle to quite a few people during the tournament
and people were saying- I completely forgot about this event, or I missed the vote etc the more frequently people see that things are going on in the tunnel I believe the grander in scale these will become across the whole coli platform and beyond.

This is a work in progress so I'll be sure to revisit and edit this post.

With that said,
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who would you like to battle?
Who would you like to see battle?

This should be crazy

Last edited:

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Battles I feel would be interesting (Just shooting the breeze)

KushSkywalker Vs Michael White
Chubbs Vs Cory 2
Tekbeatz Vs Supa
Franknitty Vs Chubbs
Franknitty Vs Cory
Ingodwetrust vs Franknitty
Michaelwhite VS Clanarchy
Clanarchy Vs Tekbeatz
Maharishi Vs Clanarchy
Maharishi Vs Tekbeatz
Uncomfortablynumb Vs Dizzy
NormanConnors Vs Bigrodthe1

Last edited:

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Could we get a @NormanConnors vs @bigrodthe1 sometime soon?
tenor.gif

That's fam...rather battle any team with @NormanConnors