Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh got the Verizon Galaxy Nexus yesterday and facing a lot of signal problems when my phone is on 4g....my voice and data is dropping...I did about two factory resets and Verizon did some shyt on there end and I am still facing problems....never had 4G problems like this on my thunderbolt....Anybody else had this problem and is there a fix for it? There going send me another tomorrow smh

edit: shyt just dropped again

I'm thinking about copping cuz its free. Do you regret getting it?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Tasker is dope but too much of a chore to set up, someone is going to snatch them up soon though, wouldn't be surprised if Google does

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Guess I'm just going to ride out this EVO until then. Anyone know what they are replacing EVOs with these days if they need to be replaced?
G'Nex or Evo 4G LTE

The latter would be totally worth it if HTC weren't a bunch of a fukking clowns who don't release source code. The phone is good but CM9 or 10 would make it Godlike.

It takes me back to my argument that people who want Android phones are gonna get them regardless so the manufacturers have a responsibility to release the damn source immediately to satisfy not only the casuals but the non-casuals such as the GSDG brehthren.

Samsung understands this, meanwhile HTC is freebasing moonrocks

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm thinking about copping cuz its free. Do you regret getting it?

get the gs3 bro. Dont lock yourself in with an old phone just because its free. I have the gnex with no issues back its almost a year old. The 4g Singal issue is only on the chinese made phones. get a korean model :whoo:

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
smh got the Verizon Galaxy Nexus yesterday and facing a lot of signal problems when my phone is on 4g....my voice and data is dropping...I did about two factory resets and Verizon did some shyt on there end and I am still facing problems....never had 4G problems like this on my thunderbolt....Anybody else had this problem and is there a fix for it? There going send me another tomorrow smh

edit: shyt just dropped again

are you running 4.0.4 or 4.0.2??? if 4.0.4 go outside while on 4G and do a PRL update

before u do this check about phone and singal dbm level before and after. Gnex display signals differently than any other phone on ice cream sandwich.
save this as a contact *28899 then dial

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Galaxy Nexus users on Sprint better circle August 19th on your calendars. According to this leaked internal Sprint memo, Ol’ Yeller is throwing a special, almost “too good to be true” promo deal exclusively for Galaxy Nexus customers on their network. Come this Sunday, Sprint will be giving away official Samsung extended batteries for the Galaxy Nexus — no strings attached — through the phone via telesales. Here’s some of the deets:

May be offered proactively
Offer good while supplies last
Available to new and existing customers (no purchase necessary)
Customer must enter promo code at checkout if buying online
No promo code needed if ordering through telesales
Customers will only be responsible for paying shipping charges but it’s like your mamma always told you, “Never look a gift horse in the mouth.” I still have no idea what that means exactly but I do know you’ll be saving about $50.

As to be expected with promotional deals such as this, the offer is only good while supplies last. That means once the promo goes live, you’d better be quick with the keys. You may have noticed mention of the deal also valid online through Sprint’s website, but without a promo code, you’ll be better off picking up the phone. We’ll be sure to let you know if we hear more. Good luck, everyone.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
get the gs3 bro. Dont lock yourself in with an old phone just because its free. I have the gnex with no issues back its almost a year old. The 4g Singal issue is only on the chinese made phones. get a korean model :whoo:

thanks for the advice....so if I get the Korean jawn I should stay with mobile?

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
Get the Gnex if u have no other choice (free) and see how it function for the 14 days you have to return it. See if you like the battery life, singal strength etc...

If not return it for the GS3. Its a software vs hardware decision. If u want jelly bean now then get the gnex and if u want the ebst phone overall grab the gs3

Rohiggidy

The Big League
Daps
Reppin
New York
thanks for the advice....so if I get the Korean jawn I should stay with mobile?

Korean Nexus VS Chinese Nexus!

I got my nexus on launch back in December and I could not have been happier with the phone. It has been an excellent companion, has done everything I have ever wanted out of a phone and more. Around a week and a half ago I started having an issue where when I would unplug the charging cable the phone still thought it was charging and in that the battery life suffered a bit, but the rest of the phone worked flawlessly. I read on the xda developer forums that some people have had issues with the usb charging port ribbon cable going bad on their phone and the fix was a 10.00 project. Seeing as how my phone was under warranty I called up Verizon and explained the problem to them and they sent me out a replacement that I got the next day. Fast forward to 3 days later after having gotten the new phone and there is a definite difference between the phones. The first one I had was made is Korea and aside from the usb problem, which at this point I wish I would have just fixed myself the phone worked flawlessly without any dropped calls or random restarts or anything. Since getting this Chinese replacement I am having signal problems with making calls and sending messages that can only be fixed by a restart. The battery life has suffered a MAJOR hit and I have the samsung extended battery that I exercised when I got it doing a full charge and then a full drain a number of times to get the best efficiency out of it and with very very light use I used to see 36 hours out of a charge and now I am lucky if I see 9 hours which is horrid.

I will be contacting Verizon again in a day or so and will be attempting to get another replacement from them because this is ridiculous. Does anyone know here if all the Nexus phones are now outsourced to being made in China? Was this just a potential bad phone out of a batch? Has anyone here used a Korean and Chinese made model and also noticed a difference in hardware quality as far as the device functioning the way it should? Any suggestions on the course of action I should take other than just getting new ones until I find one that functions like my original one? Is it possible to have them send back my old phone and replace that ribbon cable myself?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Galaxy Nexus users on Sprint better circle August 19th on your calendars. According to this leaked internal Sprint memo, Ol’ Yeller is throwing a special, almost “too good to be true” promo deal exclusively for Galaxy Nexus customers on their network. Come this Sunday, Sprint will be giving away official Samsung extended batteries for the Galaxy Nexus — no strings attached — through the phone via telesales. Here’s some of the deets:

May be offered proactively
Offer good while supplies last
Available to new and existing customers (no purchase necessary)
Customer must enter promo code at checkout if buying online
No promo code needed if ordering through telesales
Customers will only be responsible for paying shipping charges but it’s like your mamma always told you, “Never look a gift horse in the mouth.” I still have no idea what that means exactly but I do know you’ll be saving about $50.

As to be expected with promotional deals such as this, the offer is only good while supplies last. That means once the promo goes live, you’d better be quick with the keys. You may have noticed mention of the deal also valid online through Sprint’s website, but without a promo code, you’ll be better off picking up the phone. We’ll be sure to let you know if we hear more. Good luck, everyone.
That's my phone company :to:

Tha Snowman

Rookie
Daps
Korean Nexus VS Chinese Nexus!

I got my nexus on launch back in December and I could not have been happier with the phone. It has been an excellent companion, has done everything I have ever wanted out of a phone and more. Around a week and a half ago I started having an issue where when I would unplug the charging cable the phone still thought it was charging and in that the battery life suffered a bit, but the rest of the phone worked flawlessly. I read on the xda developer forums that some people have had issues with the usb charging port ribbon cable going bad on their phone and the fix was a 10.00 project. Seeing as how my phone was under warranty I called up Verizon and explained the problem to them and they sent me out a replacement that I got the next day. Fast forward to 3 days later after having gotten the new phone and there is a definite difference between the phones. The first one I had was made is Korea and aside from the usb problem, which at this point I wish I would have just fixed myself the phone worked flawlessly without any dropped calls or random restarts or anything. Since getting this Chinese replacement I am having signal problems with making calls and sending messages that can only be fixed by a restart. The battery life has suffered a MAJOR hit and I have the samsung extended battery that I exercised when I got it doing a full charge and then a full drain a number of times to get the best efficiency out of it and with very very light use I used to see 36 hours out of a charge and now I am lucky if I see 9 hours which is horrid.

I will be contacting Verizon again in a day or so and will be attempting to get another replacement from them because this is ridiculous. Does anyone know here if all the Nexus phones are now outsourced to being made in China? Was this just a potential bad phone out of a batch? Has anyone here used a Korean and Chinese made model and also noticed a difference in hardware quality as far as the device functioning the way it should? Any suggestions on the course of action I should take other than just getting new ones until I find one that functions like my original one? Is it possible to have them send back my old phone and replace that ribbon cable myself?

It's not a ribbon cable. Many Samsung phones suffer from this. It's the usb port pins becoming bent/corroded. I have no idea why it seems like it's only Samsungs, but I service probably 5-10 phones/month and have only seen this issue on their phones so far (across four different models).

There's never been a definitive link to the made in China phones being worse about signal drops. And without knowing the cause it's really impossible to speculate. Just get another replacement. Vzw knows it's an issue and won't hassle you about it.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Tasker is good but it's expensive. I ain't buying no app over 3.99