Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

They love the coaches man. And I feel like I called this weeks ago: once the defense got guys back it was gonna rebound. Cominsky and Paschal coming back clearly has had a huge impact on the run game. Jerry Jacobs improved the secondary today, alongside the continued emergence of Kerby Joseph. Okudah gave up some big plays but his coverage was good on many, plus he made some key plays. Charles Harris didn't seem to make any noise in his return but I'd expect him to make his presence known as he gets his legs back under him.

Another strong draft and some real FA spending (LB please...) could make this a really good defense. I also think Campbell is gonna roll the dice and bring Aaron Glen back whether we like it or not.

• Dap
Reactions: XII

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

They love the coaches man. And I feel like I called this weeks ago: once the defense got guys back it was gonna rebound. Cominsky and Paschal coming back clearly has had a huge impact on the run game. Jerry Jacobs improved the secondary today, alongside the continued emergence of Kerby Joseph. Okudah gave up some big plays but his coverage was good on many, plus he made some key plays. Charles Harris didn't seem to make any noise in his return but I'd expect him to make his presence known as he gets his legs back under him.

Another strong draft and some real FA spending (LB please...) could make this a really good defense. I also think Campbell is gonna roll the dice and bring Aaron Glen back whether we like it or not.

I'm not gonna read too much into this victory or defensive performance yet. Green Bay blew a lot of opportunities. They gained almost 400 yards but Rodgers threw a couple brutal picks on goal line plays. It was nice to force some turnovers for a change though.

Overall, they were kinda due for a game to go their way like this. Psychologically, the whole team needed this; players and coaches.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Holmes has drafted his ass off honestly. Only true miss is Levi and that due to injuries. They all showed out a bit yesterday.

In Lions fashion they’ll string together some wins to fukk up draft status and miss out on top QBs. They have ammo to probably move up but still.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Holmes has drafted his ass off honestly. Only true miss is Levi and that due to injuries. They all showed out a bit yesterday.

In Lions fashion they’ll string together some wins to fukk up draft status and miss out on top QBs. They have ammo to probably move up but still.
Yup. Most of the big plays yesterday were by Holmes' draft picks or undrafted pick ups (Jerry Jacobs). I don't remember the last time five rookies made significant contributions to a game+made big plays. INT for Hutch, interior pressure and 2 QB hits for Paschal, 2 INTs and multiple PDs from Joseph, 1TD and a big third down catch for Mitchell, and Rodrigo was playing well before the injury.

A great foundation is being laid. Best case scenario is that we don't have to spend picks to move up for a QB. The game later this season against Carolina could determine who gets a shot at Bryce Young and/or CJ Stroud.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
He seems to be coming along really fast. Haven't had a safety making plays playing center field since Quinn pretty much.
Think Delmas was the last one they actually drafted that had any real impact, even though it was short lived.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How many current starting QBs has Goff clearly outplayed? I can just think of Mills, Wilson, and Ehlinger. Possibly Tannehill. He has to go even if he isn’t the biggest problem.