Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I love how they highlight the organization working as a team. The organizational turnaround is no surprise.

Yup. Even having John Dorsey, the guy who drafted the best QB we may ever see in our lifetimes (Mahomes), there in a support role. That could easily be a role where an insecure GM might try to push him out or give him bullshyt assignments. But from what I've read, Dorsey and Ray Agnew are heavily involved in looking at the guys the scouts bring to them. Speaking of scouts, I recognized one of the guys in the room as the same guy who pounded the table for Kerby Joseph in last year's draft video. It feels weird to say as a Lions fan but I have full faith in this draft (and free agency) personnel staff. You can tell Brad is a great leader of men. Very collaborate and just loves the process.

I also love how smart they are with the cap. We've got like 24mil left for this year. Maybe some goes to Teddy Bridgewater if they sign him, but clearly the goal is to roll that into next year so they can pay multiple guys. Penei will be getting a huge contract soon. Amon Ra too. Goff too if they keep him. Just an incredibly smart front office man. Remember when Bob Quinn would give out ridiculous 5 year deals? That shyt killed our cap. Holmes has largely stuck to short deals, and the longest have been like 3 years. That way you have money to lock up the guys you actually need for 4-5 years, like Penei.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yup. Even having John Dorsey, the guy who drafted the best QB we may ever see in our lifetimes (Mahomes), there in a support role. That could easily be a role where an insecure GM might try to push him out or give him bullshyt assignments. But from what I've read, Dorsey and Ray Agnew are heavily involved in looking at the guys the scouts bring to them. Speaking of scouts, I recognized one of the guys in the room as the same guy who pounded the table for Kerby Joseph in last year's draft video. It feels weird to say as a Lions fan but I have full faith in this draft (and free agency) personnel staff. You can tell Brad is a great leader of men. Very collaborate and just loves the process.

I also love how smart they are with the cap. We've got like 24mil left for this year. Maybe some goes to Teddy Bridgewater if they sign him, but clearly the goal is to roll that into next year so they can pay multiple guys. Penei will be getting a huge contract soon. Amon Ra too. Goff too if they keep him. Just an incredibly smart front office man. Remember when Bob Quinn would give out ridiculous 5 year deals? That shyt killed our cap. Holmes has largely stuck to short deals, and the longest have been like 3 years. That way you have money to lock up the guys you actually need for 4-5 years, like Penei.
All facts. I can tell you from currently working in a Quinntrisha environment :sadcam:, I envy the type of work environment Holmes and Campbell created.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I'm over Jamo. Just cut our loss with him. He Titus Young status.

Got a chance to be apart of something special and he can't get right.

There'll be another WR with speed in the draft next year
Do we need to up that Jamarr Chase camp/preseason struggle thread? Its camp. Teammates getting chippy is normal

The suspension was always BS. Comparing him to Titus is just foul

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm over Jamo. Just cut our loss with him. He Titus Young status.

Got a chance to be apart of something special and he can't get right.

There'll be another WR with speed in the draft next year
He needs to get his shyt together, but why cut bait? What could we get for him today?

Like I said before, someone on the team needs to whoop his ass and humble him a little bit.

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Do we need to up that Jamarr Chase camp/preseason struggle thread? Its camp. Teammates getting chippy is normal

The suspension was always BS. Comparing him to Titus is just foul

2 years of being unreliable. Titus was unreliable and he had issues but we can compare him to titus at the moment.

Punching an undrafted rookie who probably won't make the team cuz you fukking up is some sucka bully shyt.

Jamo will be replaced in the draft next year if he don't get his shyt together. You can find talented WRs in rd 2/3

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
2 years of being unreliable. Titus was unreliable and he had issues but we can compare him to titus at the moment.

Punching an undrafted rookie who probably won't make the team cuz you fukking up is some sucka bully shyt.

Jamo will be replaced in the draft next year if he don't get his shyt together. You can find talented WRs in rd 2/3
He was rehabbing majority of last year. How is that being unreliable? Can we see him struggling in actual games before we right anyone off

And from all reports since rookie minicamp is that Starling Thomas has been impressing at CB.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Jameson Williams returns

After missing nearly a week due to a leg injury, Williams returned to a full padded practice on Monday. Maybe it was rust, maybe it was lack of concentration, but Williams’ start to practice had its fair share of drops and errors. Williams was not alone in his drops—Amon-Ra St. Brown dropped two himself—but his misses were noticeable.

Williams also found himself in the middle of a couple of dust-ups with Starling Thomas—who got in a scuffle with Germain Ifedi earlier in camp—and the pair needed to be separated by teammates and coaches. Williams downplayed the incident to reporters following practice:

“I just look at it as football, a physical play,” Williams explained. “We got over it, the next play. Nothing too much.”

Williams went on to say that those scuffles help him stay on his game, and fortunately, as practice rolled on, Williams found his rhythm and was able to contribute on a few stand-out plays.

After Jahmyr Gibbs hit a gaping hole created by the offensive line, he broke left as he got to the second level. Will Harris had the angle to make the tackle, but Williams flew in and delivered a devastating block to free up the sideline for Gibbs—who took it another 25+ yards downfield for arguably the biggest offensive play of camp.

Later on, during seven-on-seven in a red zone drill, Williams showed off his acceleration by shaking coverage from C.J. Gardner-Johnson in the end zone, separating, and creating a wide-open target for Jared Goff to hit for the score.

Sounds like what you'd expect coming off an injury, and he still made a couple great plays. Also read he was burning people in drills all day. He's gonna be fine, especially once him and Goff are on the same page.