Official 2023-2024 Detroit Lions Thread.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
No teams are a guarantee in the NFL besides the Chiefs and they cannot pay him what Detroit can.

I'd imagine Hopkins knows exactly who can and can't pay him and he still listed the Chiefs. Would he take 1mil from KC over 12mil from Baltimore? I doubt it lmao, and yet he still brought them up. I don't think he has any interest in Detroit. We haven't done or accomplished shyt brehs. I def think we can win the north this year (including without Hopkins) but if you're Hopkins why would you bet on Goff/Detroit over superior QBs?

I feel good about the weapons we have. WR has some question marks but it's shored up elsewhere (dominant o-line, Gibbs, playmaking TEs). And in my mind the fact that we passed on multiple really good players in a very deep WR class during the draft tells me it's not the priority.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

I'd imagine Hopkins knows exactly who can and can't pay him and he still listed the Chiefs. Would he take 1mil from KC over 12mil from Baltimore? I doubt it lmao, and yet he still brought them up. I don't think he has any interest in Detroit. We haven't done or accomplished shyt brehs. I def think we can win the north this year (including without Hopkins) but if you're Hopkins why would you bet on Goff/Detroit over superior QBs?

I feel good about the weapons we have. WR has some question marks but it's shored up elsewhere (dominant o-line, Gibbs, playmaking TEs). And in my mind the fact that we passed on multiple really good players in a very deep WR class during the draft tells me it's not the priority.
Goof has been to a Super Bowl before. :yeshrug:

The NFC North is probably gonna be ass and Detroit has a ton of talent. Objectively, Detroit is in a great position and a guy like Hop should be able to come in and thrive.

Hop's game actually suits Goff, imo. He's not a burner and somebody looking to go over the top all the time.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Goof has been to a Super Bowl before. :yeshrug:

The NFC North is probably gonna be ass and Detroit has a ton of talent. Objectively, Detroit is in a great position and a guy like Hop should be able to come in and thrive.

Hop's game actually suits Goff, imo. He's not a burner and somebody looking to go over the top all the time.

I think Goff would be great for him too, and he fits the team assuming him and Jamo are on the outside with St Brown in the slot. I'm just saying I don't think HE thinks Goff is that guy (and I don't blame him), especially not compared to Mahomes/Hurts/Jackson/Herbert. Think of it from his perspective. If you were Hopkins are you picking the Lions over any of those teams? I sure as fukk wouldn't. Just based on roster fit+QB+money...I'd go to Baltimore.

BTW this is why I thought Jonathan Mingo or Rashee Rice would be nice 2nd round picks for us. Rice ended up going to KC.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

It’s not in the regime’s style to throw a bunch of money at a single guy. Holmes is more strategic than that. Hopkins is a fantasy some fans might have but the team management probably not even really thinking about him.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Campbell came close to ruling out the team going after Hopkins

Team has enough weapons and Hopkins isn't a culture fit. He'll go to a contender and do well, preferably in the AFC lol.

Sounds like they still have hope for Levi and aren't rushing it. We'll see. Training camp starts in late July, maybe he gives it a go in August...two months from now basically.

He's been running on the sideline during OTAs.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Team has enough weapons and Hopkins isn't a culture fit. He'll go to a contender and do well, preferably in the AFC lol.

Sounds like they still have hope for Levi and aren't rushing it. We'll see. Training camp starts in late July, maybe he gives it a go in August...two months from now basically.

He's been running on the sideline during OTAs.
Maybe it's misdirection

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Perhaps. But given that Hopkins has openly quit on teams and has bad demeanor when losing, I just don't see Campbell wanting him.

Man I can't stand these corny Lions fans looking at this like "is Jared sending a message to JAMO?!!?" lmao. People need to stop obsessing over athlete's social media. Jamo is like anyone else, scrolling through his timeline and liking shyt that's dope to him. Same with Goff.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

What happened to this show, man. An entire segment based off a false premise you can fact check in 5 seconds. In reality, Dalvin Cook wasn't a 1st round pick, and he did sign a second contract (after which he ran for 1500 yards). I get the advanced stats argument but Dalvin Cook isn't what prevented the Vikings from doing shyt. They had a horrible defense last season and got spanked in the playoffs (led by Saquon Barkley).

The Gibbs pick doesn't bother me, given the players who were on the board...and the fact that Jalen Carter was not on the Lions' board. If he reaches his potential he's not gonna look like Saquon or Cook, so the comparisons make no sense. He's gonna look like Alvin Kamara or Christian McCaffrey, both of whom received second contracts and are still really good. And if Gibbs reaches that potential, this team is gonna win playoff games. Simple as that.