NY won: Rza new ballet album "A Ballet Through Mud" coming soon

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I respect his desire to challenge himself and try new things but he'd rather make medicore to bad ballet, movies, indie rock, film scores than actually do the thing he's most talented at.

It's that Andre3000 syndrome some great artists have. They don't want to be pigeon holed but being a master of your craft is more impressive to me than a jack of all trades who doesn't excel at anything.

Not that RZA been making high level hip hop for a long time either but maybe if he dedicated more time into producing rather than all this other bullshyt he's on, he'd be able to focus and make something people actually care about.

But it's his life so if this is what makes him happy then more power to him :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
A sad truth is that RZA probably makes more money off of these side projects than he does music nowadays. He put out a pretty good EP last year and i don’t remember anybody talking about it or bigging it up. All The Wu bretheren do is complain so putting out group albums is almost impossible. And the cost of sampling has skyrocketed so even if he did want to do the “old classic RZA” sound its almost not even financially viable.

RZA diversified his bonds because he realized he HAD to and nikkas complain. Pathetic

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Rza left hip hop when he did kill bill. The fact we got any since is a miracle. He always working on something for somebody.