NPR suspends editor who accuses them of being too left leaning

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So they confirm their bias by suspending him ?:dwillhuh:

NEW YORK (AP) — National Public Radio has suspended a veteran editor who wrote an outside essay criticizing his employer for, in his view, journalism that reflects a liberal viewpoint with little tolerance for contrary opinions.

Uri Berliner, a senior editor on NPR’s business desk, was suspended five days without pay, according to an article posted Tuesday by NPR’s media correspondent, David Folkenflik. He wrote that Berliner was told he violated the company’s policy that it must approve work done for outside news organizations.

Berliner told NPR that he was not appealing the suspension. An NPR spokeswoman said the company would not comment on individual personnel matters.

He wrote his essay last week for The Free Press. Berliner wrote that NPR has always had a liberal bent, but for most of his 25-year tenure had an open-minded, curious culture.

“In recent years, however, that has changed,” he wrote. “Today, those who listen to NPR or read its coverage online find something different: the distilled worldview of a very small segment of the U.S. population.”
His commentary became an instant hit with outside conservative activists who have made similar criticisms of NPR. He specifically criticized his employer for its coverage of former President Donald Trump, of accusations against the president’s son, Hunter Biden, and of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following publication, NPR’s top editor, Edith Chapin, said she strongly disagrees with Berliner’s conclusions and is proud to stand behind NPR’s work.

One of his NPR colleagues,“Morning Edition” co-host Steve Inskeep, wrote on Substack Tuesday that Berliner’s essay in The Free Press was filled with errors and assumptions.
“If Uri’s ‘larger point’ is that journalists should seek wider perspectives, and not just write stories that confirm their prior opinions, his article is useful as an example of what to avoid,” Inskeep wrote.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
NPR generally does a good job of not being aggressively partisan.

But people have to understand that just because we have two major political parties doesn't mean the country is split 50-50 in terms of political ideology.

And more than that, it doesn't mean that on any particular issue, each side is equally right. So the media shouldn't cater to nonsense or fringe ideas in the interest of appearing "fair and balanced". That's not the way this is supposed to work.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I don’t think NPR is biased. They usually just report the facts. I hear opinions with certain shows but not on the news programming.
And from a pragmatic standpoint, they fundraising every year

Go ahead and alienate your audience to both sides the issue

Meanwhile, Fox News does what it wants

But I think NPR does a pretty good job of getting a variety of perspectives
Dude sounds like a trumper

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Good for NPR. Problem with liberals is that they love to appease and try to play fair. Don't give platforms to your enemies

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
If Rachel Maddow is the #1 lefty in mainstream media, this dude gotta be #2

8i2_kKpv_400x400.jpg

Potna be LOADING THEM QUESTIONS, and adding little Ad Libs 24/7.

Bro, I'm on your side, but damn, CHILL.