Now that we can have 4k VR with PS5, Sony needs to stop playing and bring back Playstation Home

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
VRChat is a well established platform on the PC that keeps growing. Playstation home was basically the same thing.

Bring it back Sony :feedme:

For those who don't know WTF I'm talking about

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:wow:That spiderman font "Ps3". I don't even remember that version. shyt was so sleek.

I thought they should've brought it back during quarantine.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The Oculus Quest 2 is basically 4k. I have no doubts pave 2 will be a far superior headset
The Quest 2 as a standalone device takes a big performance and resolution hit. When its connected to a PC, the hardware of the PC determines performance.

The ps5 will not be able to to match what's available on PC. They'll have to sacrifice resolution for frames and refresh rates to prevent people from getting sick.

As someone who experienced the graphical hit games took on the original psvr, I have serious doubts that they'll have games running at 60-120fps minimum hitting 4k resolution when the ps5 right now has to sacrifice fps to hit 4k on non VR games.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah I'm not even sure if PSVR 2 would even have 1080p 60+ FPS consistently yet.

As for the Home idea, it's cool, but I already know the community would be toxic, :dame:, and :sitdown: all at the same time. I don't think sony would be able to moderate all of that fukkery

Genos

Superstar
Daps
The Quest 2 as a standalone device takes a big performance and resolution hit. When its connected to a PC, the hardware of the PC determines performance.

The ps5 will not be able to to match what's available on PC. They'll have to sacrifice resolution for frames and refresh rates to prevent people from getting sick.

As someone who experienced the graphical hit games took on the original psvr, I have serious doubts that they'll have games running at 60-120fps minimum hitting 4k resolution when the ps5 right now has to sacrifice fps to hit 4k on non VR games.
Sony should be using dlss like tech by then, amd is developing it for ps5. And it would be alot easier for sony to demand it in their games than nvdia

Also I have a Q2 and a pretty good PC, there are Quest games that rival PC versions in terms of resolution and frame rate. The main differences are things like lighting, extra graphical details, etc

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
a combination of Minecraft and fortnite type building in a PS5 VR world would be pretty cool