Notting Hill Carnival in England

KnowDatImReal

Banned
Daps
In London every year we have the Notting Hill Carnival and it is a celebration of black culture in England. It is organised mainly by those from the Caribbean and it is the time of year when black people are allowed to take over west london. There is a large parade with beautiful black women dressed in bright colours and numerous stalls selling Caribbean food which gives you a window into Caribbean culture. There are floats playing music which are usually Caribbean styles of music like dancehall and soca and there are outdoor party spaces playing all types of black music but mainly Caribbean styles of music. They do also play a lot of English black music. Notting Hill Carnival has high importance because it is a celebration of black culture in England and it is the congregation of the different black peoples' of London celebrating culture. It is a massive celebration and a celebration that many should experience

nhill-crowd-REUTERS.jpeg

article_258ff7960f274e67_1345971243_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Notting-Hill.jpg
#

image.jpg

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
My brother used to be part of the committee not so long ago, fun fact it's technically 3 carnivals in one, they merged the Jamaican, Trini, and Bajan carnivals into NHC, I might have to bring my stall out of retirement.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the last weekend of August.

You shouldda went Brixton Splash yesterday was fukking nuts.

Carnival never disappoints I got 10+ numbers last year, literally lost count shyt was too real.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
:mjcry: shyt looks beautiful

didn't even know they had shyt like this in the uk for the africans. gonna have to hold off on the carnival in brazil and put this shyt on the top of my to do list in the next 5 years :patrice: