Not falling under a stereotype and getting a :dahell: face unappreciation..

7PHX

Pro
Daps
Even when I'm on break reading a book and I get asked if I'm reading for school as soon as I say no the CACs hit me with the :dahell:

I'm surprised if anyone says they read books because they want to

Daps
White dude: "So, who are your favorite music artists?"

Me: "I like a little Phil Collins......Robert Palmer and Peter Gabriel are cool, too :manny:"

White dude:

dalema.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I HATE telling people around here that I'm a vegetarian. I always get hit with the "I've never met a black guy that's vegetarian" :dahell: nikkas look at me like they've just seen a fukking unicorn :snoop:

Or when I answer the phone at work and my boss's boss hitting me with the "Oh my goodness it always surprises me how well you answer the phone" speech. I'M A GROWN ASS MAN...why does she want to give me a goddam cookie every time I enunciate :dahell:

Even when I'm on break reading a book and I get asked if I'm reading for school as soon as I say no the CACs hit me with the :dahell:

A young gawd is tired of being boxed in fam...anyone else experience this bullshyt? :snoop:

Your BOSS really says that unprofessional shyt bruh:wtf:

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
people have no idea about me. since i'm built like a middle linebacker they just assume dumb shyt

who u jamming to King? ella fitzgerald, nina simone, peter tosh and they be like :merchant:.. knowing they wanted to say as white people do and ignorant nikkas u have your tupac playing.. i say i don't listen to rap even tho i love hip-hop, i like fukking with there mind and they be like :whoo: ok take care. now i'm label as a weird guy, which i love cause nobody ever ask me shyt anymore

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
of course it happens to all of us that dont fit the mold. watch out saying that on here tho always that one salty kneegrow to come in and accuse you of thinking you're special because you dare to speak on these experiences. :beli:

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I HATE telling people around here that I'm a vegetarian. I always get hit with the "I've never met a black guy that's vegetarian" :dahell: nikkas look at me like they've just seen a fukking unicorn :snoop:

Or when I answer the phone at work and my boss's boss hitting me with the "Oh my goodness it always surprises me how well you answer the phone" speech. I'M A GROWN ASS MAN...why does she want to give me a goddam cookie every time I enunciate :dahell:

A young gawd is tired of being boxed in fam...anyone else experience this bullshyt? :snoop:

Imma vegetarian too. I always get a surprised look when I say it. Not sure if it's my race causing it or if people are just surprised at anyone who willingly gives up meat.

I fit the rest you stated too but maybe it's where you live, I've never been talked to in any of those ways.

That's pretty condescending.

Last edited:

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
Imma vegetation too. I always get a surprised look when I say it. Not sure if it's my race causing it or if people are just surprised at anyone who willingly gives up meat.

I fit the rest you stated too but maybe it's where you live, I've never been talked to in any of those ways.

That's pretty condescending.
id give the :dahell: if i saw vegetation talking too

Daps
Yea imma bout to go in too.

I was reading a book in the cafe at my job a few years back. This chick who I sometimes eat lunch with (fat Mexican bish covered in acne scars who for some reason thinks she's an 8) came up on me and sat down. She was like...

Her: :unsure: What are you reading?
Me: It's called Outliers.
Her: :unsure: Oh, what's it about?
Me: I just started reading it but it's about how successful people became successful. Basically, it takes a lot of hard work and some luck.
Her: Oh! :weirdo: What class is that for?
Me: :laugh: Oh it's not for a class my dad just gave it to me to read.
Her: *long uncomfortable pause* Your.... dad? :blink:
Me: :dry:

Haven't spoken to her since.

With me conversations don't even get that far. When i'm holding a book you'd think it was some kind of alien device. No words just :what:

Read the same book btw. (I pick up all of gladwells stuff...waiting for that "David and Goliath" to drop

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I always get the :dahell: look when black folks ask me what my church home is and I say I'm an atheist. Or during a discussion I say I like classic music or my favorite tv/movie genre is science-fiction.

What really turns heads though, given my age, is when I say I don't have any kids.