No Squat Thread

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
fukk a squat. You fukk up your back and next thing youll be popping oxys and shooting fentynal in a trailer park.
:camby:
What Exercises do yall do for Legs, Glutes, hams, quads etc.

Alternatives to Back Squats Thread.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Step-Ups

Single Leg Squats

I used to back squat 350...

Got tired of having a sore ass back and having to take breaks off...

When you don't have a trainer...if you not anatomically made to squat...such as short libs, short torso...that squat is gonna fukking suck...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
You can still fukk up your back on on a leg press, I've heard of it happening. In any case, leg press or hack squat will work fine; quads don't really care. Just make sure you get in some posterior chain work. Your butt is the strongest muscle in your body and utilizing it is key for lower back health.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I could never get rid of a movement as basic as the squat....however it has been times where I didn't squat...during those times I concentrated on the leg press and varying forms of stiff leg deadlifts and both weighted and unweighted lunges....But I would toss regular back squats in the bushes so fast if my gyms would just get a hack squat machine.

fukk a squat. You fukk up your back and next thing youll be popping oxys and shooting fentynal in a trailer park.

Daps

Front Squats? I just started sprinting which is great for abs n legs. idk about growth but it feels healthy

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Home

Advanced Glute Training | T Nation

This guy is a pioneer of posterior chain alternative exercises.

I don't even do back squats like that much anymore but my posterior chain is stronger than ever cause this guy set me on the right path and I did some of my own experimentation

The guy lost the mark on his own data in my opinion but he did a study that measured activiation with sensors and the best exercise was a bent leg hyperextention on a Swiss ball with a ~30 degree angle from your midline.

Screenshot3.png

The next best thing is a single leg barbell hip thrust.

The point of emphasis here is that you can't be a little bytch when you use this exercise cause sleepwalking through it will get you no progress.

You basically have to squeeze your abs hard to make sure your back/spine stays neutral and then bring your leg back behind you and squeeze your glute and hamstring until it feels like it's about to rip off the bone.

The other thing I learned from him is that 99.9% of people could have better glute development and that these muscles wants to get worked very frequently.

I do a body weight glute/hams routine in the morning 4-5 days a week and go about my day as usual, gym included. I don't do the routine on leg day and my dedicated rest day.

These exercises are all low impact so it is easy to do them and hoop multiple times per week.

Morning routine: (1 set each; 8-15 reps based on feel)
Single Leg Hyper Extension
Single Leg Glute Bridge (with either med ball squeezed with the thighs or mini band around the knees)
Pull Through with exercise band
Single Leg Squat

Just got a mini band today and I'm gonna add sumo walk and monster walks to this routine. The band wrapper on your feet gets way more activation than if it's wrapped around your shins or knees.

Leg Day Routine:
(Mobility warm up)
X-Band walk
Sumo walk
Single leg squats/wobble board

DB Goblet squats
Hip Thrust or Lunge variant
Deadlift variant
Single Leg Leg Press

I started doing the daily routine after Harvey when I didn't have access to my gym and I never looked back :ehh:

I had tons of down time in the evenings to research this kind of stuff so I did:manny:

I expected to not have explosiveness when I went back to hoop but I was like a fuccin kangaroo off all this posterior chain work alone:mjgrin:

I also do a yoga routine before bed that consists of Quad stretches (half saddle pose) Hip Rotator stretches (half frog pose) and Psoas stretches (dragon pose) these make sure my core and pelvis are in proper alignment and by hip rotators don't get too tight from the glute/hams work and sitting during the day.

Last edited: