No shade on Spielberg, but it's a damn shame Kubrick didn't live long enough to finish A.I.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I still love Spielberg's rendition, but I can only fathom what Kubrick's would've looked like visually and from a tonal standpoint, it needed a slight more haunting/mysterious nature about it, I also feel like Kubrick would've handled the ending better with the Aliens. Still a crazy fukking movie man, it creeps me out every time I watch it.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I thought for sure the alien/advanced robot schmaltz was Spielberg's creation. I was shocked as shyt to find out that was Kubrick's idea.

Haven't seen it in some years, but I always thought it should have ended when David was underwater

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
There's some dark stuff in the film for Spielberg but overall I agree. I would have loved to have seen Kubrick's version.

The ending seems eerily prescient. You look at the exaggerated images of humans that AI generates, the way humans are rapidly moving towards comical alterations of natural human characteristics (clown veneers, disproportionate lip fillers, bloated BBLs, etc)...not hard to imagine us hurling towards a day where advance mecha/AI outlasts us, and the last remnants of us are something like David.