No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see what you're saying. I dunno if Sean Murray lied so much as embellished where the game was truly at. There was no multiplayer, at all, at launch and he lied about that. Maybe Sony was twisting his arm to not reveal too much, maybe the critics and insiders were just spellbound, but ones things for sure: that shyt was extremely poorly handled

I think NMS was a case study for many studios about not revealing a game too early, and managing expectations while still trying to hype your game and create mystique.

I honestly believe the dude had good intentions but naive as to how fukking toxic the gaming community can truly be. Yes the game sucked at launch but plenty of things suck, and they went overboard with the death threats and harassment. Either way, he did the right thing in the end
he didnt initially lie about multiplayer. go back to all the videos. everyone kept pushing for it. and he kept telling people what his idea for the game was, which was you're basically alone out there in space exploring. that was never enough for the people interviewing him. so they would continue to ask and push multiplayer. so then he started talking about multiplayer-esk things they could do in the game. but he made it clear that was not the point of the game at all. which would tell anyone listening. DO NOT LOOK FOR MULTIPLAYER at launch. But he also did say that was the way HE wanted to create the game but that he would listen to the community on the kind of stuff they wanted Post launch. and thats exactly what he did. They asked and hello delivered.

The only thing that made it seem like he embellished or lied was when they would show those clips of the game on that planet with the red flora all around and the two dinosaur looking creatures would pop out(rhino looking one and one larger one or two of them). But the truth was, those planets always existed. most of those types of planets were always closer to the center of the universe and most people never made it there. some did. but most didnt. people took that clip and imagined that was the entire game when it wasnt.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You don't :dead:
It's a challenge. I end up going for a native wide angle lens with the best autofocus possible.
Every now and then I'll reach around and pull focus but most of the time you have to rely on autofocus.
They sell some attachments to pull focus but I haven't gotten them yet.
I'm going to order the servo set up for the crane 3 and try it out.
For the GH5 speedbooster and sigma lens combo I use you pretty much have to shoot in manual mode so I end up not being able to use my best set up when I'm running the crane.

I was curious cause I know there are ways people do it but since I use the A7iii and the autofocus is legit sosI just frame the shots and it handles the rest in most of the time.

One way that I'll probably try out is with external monitors. There are some that give you hella options when connected to your camera that let you nail focus and exposure easily without having to touch the camera

I see what you're saying. I dunno if Sean Murray lied so much as embellished where the game was truly at. There was no multiplayer, at all, at launch and he lied about that. Maybe Sony was twisting his arm to not reveal too much, maybe the critics and insiders were just spellbound, but ones things for sure: that shyt was extremely poorly handled

I think NMS was a case study for many studios about not revealing a game too early, and managing expectations while still trying to hype your game and create mystique.

I honestly believe the dude had good intentions but naive as to how fukking toxic the gaming community can truly be. Yes the game sucked at launch but plenty of things suck, and they went overboard with the death threats and harassment. Either way, he did the right thing in the end

he didnt initially lie about multiplayer. go back to all the videos. everyone kept pushing for it. and he kept telling people what his idea for the game was, which was you're basically alone out there in space exploring. that was never enough for the people interviewing him. so they would continue to ask and push multiplayer. so then he started talking about multiplayer-esk things they could do in the game. but he made it clear that was not the point of the game at all. which would tell anyone listening. DO NOT LOOK FOR MULTIPLAYER at launch. But he also did say that was the way HE wanted to create the game but that he would listen to the community on the kind of stuff they wanted Post launch. and thats exactly what he did. They asked and hello delivered.

The only thing that made it seem like he embellished or lied was when they would show those clips of the game on that planet with the red flora all around and the two dinosaur looking creatures would pop out(rhino looking one and one larger one or two of them). But the truth was, those planets always existed. most of those types of planets were always closer to the center of the universe and most people never made it there. some did. but most didnt. people took that clip and imagined that was the entire game when it wasnt.
Good interview with him reveals what was going on during that time. This is from 2018 but they ask him about why he kept up the updates, what happened before release, and the aftermath of the "lying" and sales

No Man’s Sky developer Sean Murray: ‘It was as bad as things can get’

“In the lead up to launch, oh my god, I would have chopped off my own arm to have more time,” says Murray. “We were under enormous pressure from the community and external forces. We were out of money. We were working so hard, way too hard. We’ve gotten much better balance in our lives now.

“[But] if we hadn’t released No Man’s Sky when we had, and I was sat down talking to you now after we delayed it for two years, we would not have a game as good as it is right now. Now and then you’ll see a comment thread where somebody will say: ‘It’s my favourite game of all time.’ That’s fantastic. I never expected to work on something that would have people saying that about it.”

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good interview with him reveals what was going on during that time. This is from 2018 but they ask him about why he kept up the updates, what happened before release, and the aftermath of the "lying" and sales

No Man’s Sky developer Sean Murray: ‘It was as bad as things can get’

“In the lead up to launch, oh my god, I would have chopped off my own arm to have more time,” says Murray. “We were under enormous pressure from the community and external forces. We were out of money. We were working so hard, way too hard. We’ve gotten much better balance in our lives now.

“[But] if we hadn’t released No Man’s Sky when we had, and I was sat down talking to you now after we delayed it for two years, we would not have a game as good as it is right now. Now and then you’ll see a comment thread where somebody will say: ‘It’s my favourite game of all time.’ That’s fantastic. I never expected to work on something that would have people saying that about it.”
It's funny how every writer says the same thing about How they didnt calm expectations after launch. ummm. thats not your job as a game dev. It aint my fault fanboys wanted to dream about what the game COULD be vs what the game actually was and they ran with their dreams vs reality and got mad. Hello games did it right for the most part. Especially for a baby sized team like that.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I just played the jawn a minute ago because FF14 is having maintenance....:whew:they really fixed this game up to perfection. This is what Elite Dangerous should have been on the real. I played some Lo-Fi tunes while I was gathering resources. Sensational:wow:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Likely will never play this game but I’ve never seen a game supported by their developers like this.

I remember the memes at launch lol. shyt is impressive

The way that they implemented the updates have layers to them :banderas::ohhh:. The company really turn that meme into a work of art:wow:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
source.gif

Coli base settlements tho:wow: