No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I dont think yall gripping how large of a number 18 quintillion is.

Put it like this, if 1 billion people play this game there are enough planets for each person to claim 1 billion planets for themselves without ever overlapping.

So bottom line is, you arent landing on any planets someone else has ever visited.

uhh yeah i could be cause everything will be registered in a database...so i can look it up to see planets that HAVE been discovered.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I think the powers that be are eventually going to make him add in a way to link up with people from your friends list. as of right now its pretty ambiguous if that will be in.

At the very least, make it so they can send us their coordinates in a psn msg.
B1hs94OCcAEqi3o.jpg

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Procedural generation and rouge-like are two terms that immediately turn me away from a game. Also whats the point of 18 quintillion planets? I hate that if someone finds something cool in their world odds are i will never see that in my game. Plus apparently everyone exists in the same game space, its just that there are so many planets you will never run into anyone else.

Being a sci fi space nerd just the idea of exploring a vast universe for the sake of exploring is still appealing to me.

I can see why it wouldn't be to others though.

I hope this team didn't bite off more than they can chew with this one.

this is essentially interstellar with space battles and alien life :blessed:

i think there is a point.. he said that huge ball of light is the center of the earth, and that's where you're trying to get... but like a gta, you can fukk around on different planets and suns and solar systems.. so i'm sure there's a route where you'd see more claimed planets than not... what fun would it be if nobody ever landed on an owned planet

another gem dropped... every single planet is fully destructible :blessed:

plus warring factions so i'm sure that comes into play... you can pick a side or just cause fukkery :blessed:

i'm sure they'll add in more shyt... ship upgrades, he said traded so there's gotta be shyt to trade, better guns, ships, money...

shyt is like star trek to me.. and exploring the universe is a fukking dream... if this is the only way to do it right now.. i'll spend $60 to fukk around for a lifetime... shyt looks like i can hand it to my son and let him play too and he's just learning lego games

i applaud the new innovation instead of another shooter or recycled bullshyt... we asked for new IPs.. well here they go

as for meeting up friends :francis:

Game Informer: Will your friends show up on the map?

Sean Murray: Yeah, but they will be a long way away. People keep asking us about multiplayer and I think when people see this they are going to fully realize what it means to be that far away from somebody else who's playing. And I know that that's a bit weird for people, but it's what's different about our game. And we want to embrace that. We don't want people just scouting off beside their friends. I actually want people to boot up the game and just think, “Isn't the universe huge? Who are we? What are we all doing here?”

People keep saying to us, “Yeah, but what if I knew where they were? Would I go there?” And it's like, yeah, but they are going to have to stay there for quite a while while you get over there. And then once you get over there you might land on the same planet and then you will say, “I'm on a planet the size of Earth and I am on a mountain. Where are you?” Which is, I know, a weird thing and it's a daunting thing.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have one foot in, one foot out when it comes to this game. I love the idea of being able to be on one planet one second, hop in a ship, take off then fly to another one. The thing I'm worried about is the exploration. You have all of these random planets and it seems that they are a dime a dozen. Am I going to still care after I've "discovered" my 100th planet? Or even my 50th or 40th? Maybe if other players were in the game with you and it was a bonus if you could discover a place before someone else did. As it stands, it seems like you discover a place. Look at it, and then go somewhere else. I'm intrigued yet skeptical at the same time.

One thing that would probably pretty nice is if one person could generate a world, and then share it with people. So lets say I started a game and shared it The Coli brethren. The game could still be procedural. It would just unfold itself first for whoever makes it the farthest out in the galaxy and then, people that the world have been shared with could see all those changes whenever they eventually visit the same areas.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I have one foot in, one foot out when it comes to this game. I love the idea of being able to be on one planet one second, hop in a ship, take off then fly to another one. The thing I'm worried about is the exploration. You have all of these random planets and it seems that they are a dime a dozen. Am I going to still care after I've "discovered" my 100th planet? Or even my 50th or 40th? Maybe if other players were in the game with you and it was a bonus if you could discover a place before someone else did. As it stands, it seems like you discover a place. Look at it, and then go somewhere else. I'm intrigued yet skeptical at the same time.

One thing that would probably pretty nice is if one person could generate a world, and then share it with people. So lets say I started a game and shared it The Coli brethren. The game could still be procedural. It would just unfold itself first for whoever makes it the farthest out in the galaxy and then, people that the world have been shared with could see all those changes whenever they eventually visit the same areas.

I feel the same way. Id enjoy it more if there were less planets and you could meet people and do shyt in groups. Over a trillion planets for each player is a stupidly absurd number. Then they are saying the planets themselves are really huge so you could be on the same planet as another player and still not even know it.

ShoGun Of Harlem

All Star
Daps
I'm hype for No Man Sky because i'm into astronomy and i've played Space Engine on pc and the game blew my mind.

Space Engine is a space exploration simulator not much of a game. You don't do much but explore galaxies in First person but it very good at showing you how big Space really is. Video below gives you an idea of what it's like. No Many is basically Space Engine made into an actual video game.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I think the powers that be are eventually going to make him add in a way to link up with people from your friends list. as of right now its pretty ambiguous if that will be in.

At the very least, make it so they can send us their coordinates in a psn msg.

I agree, couple of months ago there was zero multiplayer, now it seems like they're putting the pressure on him to make it happen.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

here's the thing. if what they say is true.
lets say you explore a planet. first off, if you are "FIRST" you are that planets Adam(from the bible). you now have the ability to name animals you have first discovered. so if someone comes behind you and finds the exact same animals. The will see the name you gave them, not their scientific name. So for some thats a perk. When you discover a planet first. YOU have just discovered it first.. i would say christopher columbus but that clown was running up on places where people already were hanging out and living and he acted like he discovered something no one else did. but you get the point. You will be the first. therefore, when i come behind you into that same planet. it will most likely show me the name of the planet and say "discovered by "User name..such and such"

so you get the "thats mine" perk.
But that would get boring after awhile.

So whats the point of exploring these planets. for one you're filling up your encyclopedia. thats what you're doing when you find things. But you are also adding materials (mining for them). you put some together and create your own alloys and what not to sell/trade for money(units). the more money you have the better upgrades you can purchase for your ship. the better your upgrades the faster your ship can go and the further out into the universe you can travel at high speeds. the better your ship is, the bigger its cargo bay could be and the better your weapons could be. meaning you could carry more stuff to trade/sale. and you could have the ability to destroy larger ships with your better weapons and earn you a lot more stuff and money(units).

or you can stay in outer space, and straight wait on fools to fly by and light them up. just trolling all day long. and blow them up then take their left over stuff they drop.you can sit around the space stations and trading posts and start little faction wars. or you can land on a planet where its super hostile wild life. and you spend your time shooting at Alien T-rexs.