No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly breh, minus the PR circus, the game is still innovative as fukk :manny:

It's essentially a coin flip of randomizing combinations of flora and fauna in ways that have been exposed as connecting random Lego blocks, lol.

No combinations, but unique creations would have satisfied more people. Pokemon has more interesting/unique variable of creatures that seems like time was taken to mold them....instead of Mr Potato Head no man's sky.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's essentially a coin flip of randomizing combinations of flora and fauna in ways that have been exposed as connecting random Lego blocks, lol.

No combinations, but unique creations would have satisfied more people. Pokemon has more interesting/unique variable of creatures that seems like time was taken to mold them....instead of Mr Potato Head no man's sky.
thats easy to say. but there is realism to that approach of NMS. if you understand what they used to pull it off.

Just like people say the planets all look the same or very similar. well they are planets arent they? They arent something completely different. did you know humans are like 99.9% the same. sure there are different variations of us. but the truth is quite a few of us look similar in a lot of ways. have you ever seen men's clothing? a lot of our stuff looks pretty much the same. i mean how many different ways can you actually do a pair of men's jeans? a pair of dockers for work or the golf course?

thats just reality.

The Mathematical Lives of Plants

but even with such math. what the hello games teams missed was man power. the computer can do variations of things. But you have to put the things in the game that you want the cpu to variate. they literally had 14 people working on the game. and all 14 were not artists. so think about that. i said this earlier. most of these highly rated AAA games have 100's of people working on it. not a 100. i said 100's. What would be great to see is this same procedurally generated universe done with the AAA number of artists working on the things that can be thrown into the computer to use as a starting point to start the variation process. I bet you then we would all think "oh my look how different things look."

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, its still ass cheeks
he didnt say if it was fun or not. he said it was innovative. there's a difference. and we know it's innovative based on the confererences that hello games devs were apart of and how others in their industry were reacting to what they were doing with the game. so sorry. just because you dont like the game itself or others says its trash. doesnt have anything to do with its innovation. i've said it 100 times. NBA ELITE 11(nba live 2011). was one of the most innovative attempts in a basketball game ever. the game was cheeks status. but the innovation was in there. it took years. for nba 2k17 to catchup to that level of innovation with the shot stick aiming component that nba 2k17 still didnt get right. same with the ball handling.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think this actually surpasses spore as most overhyped flop of all time.

For all the nonsense that we saw with Spore...it was a good game at it's core.
Serious question, people were SERIOUSLY hype for this game?? I don't remember anyone on here at least hyping this game.
This is seriously a game where when I seen it come out, suddenly people pretended that everyone was hyped up about it. Game always looked boring as fukk to me.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Serious question, people were SERIOUSLY hype for this game?? I don't remember anyone on here at least hyping this game.
This is seriously a game where when I seen it come out, suddenly people pretended that everyone was hyped up about it. Game always looked boring as fukk to me.
It was very hyped up. You just can't go by what this forum thinks before a game is out.

It has almost 70K reviews on steam...that alone should tell you how many people were looking forward to this game. GTA V, which is probably the most successful/popular game of all time has 140K and it took well over a year to get there. At this rate One Man's Lie will reach 100K before the end of the year.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was very hyp
ed up. You just can't go by what this forum thinks before a game is out.

It has almost 70K reviews on steam...that alone should tell you how many people were looking forward to this game. GTA V, which is probably the most successful/popular game of all time has 140K and it took well over a year to get there. At this rate One Man's Lie will reach 100K before the end of the year.
I think there's probably fake reviews into the mix. I think a lot of people just pile onto whatever is getting negative pr and dropping reviews like "I got cancer playing this gaem!"

Also, on Steamspy GTA V has over 5 million owners.

NMS has 700,000. It's nowhere near as popular. Using reviews are a way to compare popularity isn't accurate.

This site below has actual stats and GTA V is much much much bigger.

https://steamspy.com/app/271590

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I think there's probably fake reviews into the mix. I think a lot of people just pile onto whatever is getting negative pr and dropping reviews like "I got cancer playing this gaem!"

Also, on Steamspy GTA V has over 5 million owners.

NMS has 700,000. It's nowhere near as popular.

https://steamspy.com/app/271590
Again....GTA V is arguably the most popular game of all time. I was pointing to the attention it has received.

Of COURSE the sales numbers aren't going to be close after it got absolutely CRUSHED on the PS4 before it even got released on the PC. 700K is pretty impressive considering how much shyt it has received since launch.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again....GTA V is arguably the most popular game of all time. I was pointing to the attention it has received.

Of COURSE the sales numbers aren't going to be close after it got absolutely CRUSHED on the PS4 before it even got released on the PC. 700K is pretty impressive considering how much shyt it has received since launch.
Well yeah, the attention it got is because it was pretty much the laughing stock of the internet for a while. It'll get far more attention to it because of that. I don't think the hype for NMS(imo) was any different than other big game, in fact I think because of the negativity that people started talking about it more. For months I'd see people always ask "so what do you do in this game??"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I was hyped.

Easily top 5 for me this gen as far as anticipation from the reveal.