No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
truth is, this is what I don't like about this era. and i'm not just talking about kids from this era. everyone IN this era. where everyone goes online to either pump up/over hype something. or they go to the other extreme and bash something. when a lot of times you have people doing both that know little to nothing about what they are hyping or bashing. they are literally getting all of their info from other people. not from the actual thing they are hyping or bashing. and because people like yourself think its funny/ funny when it goes down with the backlash brigade. a lot of people with your mentality wont just sit on the sideline and laugh. they will comment and start lying like "i got a refund too." No you didn't. you never even owned the game . or "man this album was over hyped." How do you know that? you never even owned the album or heard one song from it. but yet you can comment. this piles on and makes hype or hate much larger than it really is.

in this age you need to take issue with the console patch culture. Hard drives are the worse things to happen to consoles. They let the consumers test games and just patch it up.

I'm 30...patches were just for computers when I came up.

Daps
So I traded mine in yesterday while I still could get a decent value of 23 cash at CEX

While I enjoyed my time with it, I started to feel the lack of ambition to continue what was becoming redundant.

I still found it to be a beautiful game with some amazing accomplishments, but the fighting being so poor, the crafting being so basic and the overall sameness to the planets made me not inspired to continue on

It was fUn for a while, then I started feeling like "as a man with kids and a job, my video game time is precious, why keep spending time on this when I got Nuka World, Dark Souls 3, MGS 5 and Abzu to play"

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in this age you need to take issue with the console patch culture. Hard drives are the worse things to happen to consoles. They let the consumers test games and just patch it up.

I'm 30...patches were just for computers when I came up.
true. but also when you came up. whatever was broken about the game you never got it fixed. like NEVER or until the next title released.

and there were no updates.
for instance lets take it to sports. lets talk basketball. nba live for back in their hayday. they had shoes in the game. didnt matter. they would never be updated. now they are updating guys hairstyles and accessories as well as their ratings week to week on 2k even live did it as well(or tried to lol.)

patches are a gift and a curse.

you get to beta games even if they dont call them that. which can make the games play a ton better early on if the devs are listening to you and if the company gives the devs time to fix the issues and not just move on to the next game they are pushing out.

but like you're saying this is a bad culture of toss it out as a beta and dont call it a beta and patch it later. i'll give these hello games cats a pass because the entire time they were pushed into the timeline of this game. from the moment he presented the game at vgx til the time sony hopped on the bandwagon and kept pushing the time line. the dude had a team of less than 14 people up until the last few months maybe. but they were (they being sony) pushing the game as a AAA tittle. without a AAA staff and AAA financial resources. all the while doing something that has never been done before. making an entire game procedurally generated down to the music. which the game is still the largest open world game to date.

what did people REALLLLy think that little baby team of devs could pull off in 2+ years time? how long did it take each GTA installment to drop? how many years inbetween? how many people were on the team?

Let's take a look

Rockstar Games’ Leslie Benzies has revealed the size of the team that made the critically and commercially acclaimed Grand Theft Auto 5. They were casually talking about how a large team is required in the range of 1000 to create games with minute details, and when the question popped up about GTA 5 team’s size, Benzies revealed that it’s much, much more than 1000.

Such teams are not uncommon. Ubisoft regularly puts more than 500 people on Assassin’s Creed games and that’s the reason how they are able to churn out mammoth AAA games each year.

The reason for such a large team is because of the game detail, and if there’s a lot of detail in the game, an equal amount of manpower is required. GTA 5 contains twenty times the detail of GTA 4, and is a huge improvement.

“And that’s because of the size of the thing, we are modelling at such a minute detail. Once upon a time the car models have four moving parts. Now there are 15 alone in a car’s retractable roof. The detail is ten, twenty times greater than GTA IV, so it takes ten, twenty times more people,” Benzies told Develop in an interview.

“We’ve been blessed with more power on these machines, so we continually have to push it – plus these guys are freaks. When they see a convertible’s roof moving back, the artist is excited by it, and that’s the kind of people we like to have working here. Isn’t that how all the great things on the planet exist, because someone thought something was cool?”

So let me say this again. less than 20 people to create something they've never tried before. again what did people truly expect? This is why i love the game the way it is. of course i would've loved more and more and more. but they've still dont a great job with that iddy bitty team of theirs.

So let this be a lesson to everyone, if you see an indie game you really seem to like the idea of the game. DO NOT think the game is going to be something it literally can't be due to the small size of the indie team.

even most indie teams that get this kind of recognition are larger. This goes to show you what they were trying to accomplish was still something special. people got that confused with how special the game was going to be and all the detail etc. no. the idea itself and the effort put into it by such a small team was going to be special. to make the game as great as you and i would love to imagined it would be. they would need a rockstar team working on it or at worse a 500 man squad.

put it this way. i would love to see this game remade in a year or so by a true AAA company at the direction of hello games. It could go down in history as the best game ever made.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I traded mine in yesterday while I still could get a decent value of 23 cash at CEX

While I enjoyed my time with it, I started to feel the lack of ambition to continue what was becoming redundant.

I still found it to be a beautiful game with some amazing accomplishments, but the fighting being so poor, the crafting being so basic and the overall sameness to the planets made me not inspired to continue on

It was fUn for a while, then I started feeling like "as a man with kids and a job, my video game time is precious, why keep spending time on this when I got Nuka World, Dark Souls 3, MGS 5 and Abzu to play"
good points. now i will say this. when people talk about its redundancy. please explain to me how any of those games you've named are not just as redundant? because i know they are and so do you. you just enjoy those redundancies. i still know people playing destiny. it got boring to me after a few months. but i do understand some people liked its redundancies. i can't for the life of me play any FPS game where you have 10 or less maps. and you keep playing people on those same maps. a game like titan fall was lovely early on. but to ME the game got boring after i've seen the same maps over and over. even with the addtl maps. still they got stale quick. but again, thats because i'm not into those redundancies like others. but i'll play 2k all year long. same basic redundancies. but i like them. you see my point?

lets get off this idea that this game is more redundant then your 20 other FPS games. when its not.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they released patch notes yesterday

PS4 Patch Notes 1.07

they're focusing on fixing the game. it's probably the best thing to do at this point
exactly. for yall that had crashed games and what not. that has to be priority. if i can't even play the game. there's nothing worse than that. they can implement features later.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sean Murray ain't tweeted in a month. Guess he doesn't want to promise any false updates...he should have been this quiet during development, lol.

All said and done it is an Interactive art project as it stands. Post rock music but the game looks psychedelic rocks/ 60's syfy. He may as well tweak it and give that copy to a museum.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight brehs, so i bought this game simply because i invested too much into the hype. Just gonna give a review.

Unlike most reviews, the first hours of this game were horrible, boring, and laborious; i hated it. Always out of material, crafting system seemed slow for no reason, lots of things i hated. Wasn't until i started looking for tips for the game that things got better.

1. Run + Dash (melee) + Jump = Speed Boost --> serious don't know why this isn't just told to the user. I spent way too much time walking
2. Laser Crafting + Grenades = Easy Mining --> another one, trying to mine a huge crystal with only a laser pointer is stupid
3. Bypass Chips! --> land on a planet, and go ham with the bypass chips, find everything, i mainly got hype off the drop pods and extra suite slots
4. Find other peoples ships and fix them --> lots of benefits

Seriously, if not for the above, this game is unplayable. They just don't tell you any of this stuff so you're left to wonder and waste time. In general, the game still does not live up to the hype, don't get me wrong. The visuals they sold the game on are twice as good as the game ever looks like. Still have murky planets, shytty textures, retardly moving animals, and still too many time wasters. It takes minutes of real world time to travel between points.

But thats what makes this game different and contributed to why i hated it soo much at first. The game takes its time, and won't allow you to cheat its time. There aren't any shortcuts. I've been trained in the COD mode for the last couple years, instant gratification. Nothing here is instant.

Once you accept that, cool things start to happen. There are paradise like planets that are extraordinary. Almost, beautiful. Giant aliens walking around. Yesterday one of them attacked me, so i went in and slaughtered all their young and then stood on top of a mountain zapping them with lasers. Right now, i wanna get my ship status up so i can murk out some pirates, pretty much everytime they see me i get robbed, gotta get on the offensive.

I'm probably on the midlife of enjoying it, don't imagine it getting much better until i get to the exotic material, still tho, there's something dope about landing on a planet and not knowing what's waiting for you. Finding trees and beaches is cool everytime. Mining the shyt out of a gold rich planet to buy a new ship. If they even offer just mild DLC, this game will keep me going for a while.

To my brehs that bought it and let it collect dust, fukk with the tips i said and just take your time with it. Play it like a game you play between other games. I bought it digital, and if i had a physical copy it would've already been at rape stop, but i picked up playing it again one day when overwatch had an update and i needed something to do.

Game is a solid 7.5 out of 10, but a 9/10 on uniqueness.

Edit: just wanna add in, the sounds are 9.5/10 from music to animal life, play this with the PS4 gold boys and shoot them aliens brehs

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Aight brehs, so i bought this game simply because i invested too much into the hype. Just gonna give a review.

Unlike most reviews, the first hours of this game were horrible, boring, and laborious; i hated it. Always out of material, crafting system seemed slow for no reason, lots of things i hated. Wasn't until i started looking for tips for the game that things got better.

1. Run + Dash (melee) + Jump = Speed Boost --> serious don't know why this isn't just told to the user. I spent way too much time walking
2. Laser Crafting + Grenades = Easy Mining --> another one, trying to mine a huge crystal with only a laser pointer is stupid
3. Bypass Chips! --> land on a planet, and go ham with the bypass chips, find everything, i mainly got hype off the drop pods and extra suite slots
4. Find other peoples ships and fix them --> lots of benefits

Seriously, if not for the above, this game is unplayable. They just don't tell you any of this stuff so you're left to wonder and waste time. In general, the game still does not live up to the hype, don't get me wrong. The visuals they sold the game on are twice as good as the game ever looks like. Still have murky planets, shytty textures, retardly moving animals, and still too many time wasters. It takes minutes of real world time to travel between points.

But thats what makes this game different and contributed to why i hated it soo much at first. The game takes its time, and won't allow you to cheat its time. There aren't any shortcuts. I've been trained in the COD mode for the last couple years, instant gratification. Nothing here is instant.

Once you accept that, cool things start to happen. There are paradise like planets that are extraordinary. Almost, beautiful. Giant aliens walking around. Yesterday one of them attacked me, so i went in and slaughtered all their young and then stood on top of a mountain zapping them with lasers. Right now, i wanna get my ship status up so i can murk out some pirates, pretty much everytime they see me i get robbed, gotta get on the offensive.

I'm probably on the midlife of enjoying it, don't imagine it getting much better until i get to the exotic material, still tho, there's something dope about landing on a planet and not knowing what's waiting for you. Finding trees and beaches is cool everytime. Mining the shyt out of a gold rich planet to buy a new ship. If they even offer just mild DLC, this game will keep me going for a while.

To my brehs that bought it and let it collect dust, fukk with the tips i said and just take your time with it. Play it like a game you play between other games. I bought it digital, and if i had a physical copy it would've already been at rape stop, but i picked up playing it again one day when overwatch had an update and i needed something to do.

Game is a solid 7.5 out of 10, but a 9/10 on uniqueness.

Edit: just wanna add in, the sounds are 9.5/10 from music to animal life, play this with the PS4 gold boys and shoot them aliens brehs
PS4 stans deluding themselves into liking this garbage...:mjlol: