No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess there's some irony in people falling for the hype of marketing, and then falling for the hype of clicklbait gaming journalism

Hype / Marketing would be making features that actually appear in the game seem to better than they are

This nikka straight lied about stuff that was supposed in the game :mjlol:

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
Biggest scam of the year in gaming

safe_image.php

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fam, he lied about a ton of stuff -

The game in it's current form isn't even remotely what was promised, it's basically a $60 alpha.

o planetary physics – rotating planets (they took that out due to game testers constantly having issues with the effects of entering a planet, staying awhile, then leaving out and not knowing where they were due to the fact no game has planet rotation like that where you can land and take off. So you will end up in a completely differerent spot when you leave. I said this before. Complain to the testers and everyone who had issues with this. Its realistic even in a sci fi less realistic game. But obviously people were not feeling it.

o ship classes with meaningful differentiation – this was not stated. There are ship classes. Some ships are more prone to being fighter ships since they are quicker but have less room for payload. Some are larger and less nimble and have a lot more slots for payload(trading ships.) some ships have more slots and come ready with more protection but less guns. Some have more guns and less protection. So not sure where this issue lies unless I don’t understand the issue. Now the look of these ships differ enough as well.

o

o faction reputation with meaningful gameplay impact -you do have faction reputation. Nowhere did he say the words “meaningful gameplay.” Factions were thrown into the game after the fact. In the beginning he said NO NPC’s. then we got NPCs which are the factions. That you can have rep with. Rep does assist you in them giving you certain things.

o

o homogenous resource availability – what is this supposed to mean? Homogeneous means (of the same kind/alike). Someone explain to me what the complaint is on this one. Because with that statement I can’t address if its legit or semi legit or not legit at all.

o

o asteroid landings – never tried it. And I would assume unless the thing is huge you cant do it. Personally I think because he wanted to make the landing part so easy and so not sim(elite dangerous). It made it hard for you to land on anything like you would be able to in reality if you knew how to land things on your own and were allowed to. I think they should take out that auto landing mechanic. But that was in since day one. He talked about how he didn’t want it to be a sim like elite dangerous even though he himself loves elite dangerous.

o

o space station and fleet destruction - he never said you could destroy a space station. He actually said that wasn’t possible. He said you could do something to it to make it not operate or something along those lines. Now is that possible? I haven’t even tried it. Why? Because there is literally NO reason to blow up a spacestation’s parts other than trying to test out a game mechanic. But if you can’t hurt any part of it. Then that would be a lie. But again, lets keep the facts straight. He never said the entire thing could blow up. He always said it wouldn’t operate.

o

o large fleets – whats a large fleet? Large fleets of what? Pirate ships? Or giant freighters? Or both? I’ve once seen a good 20 or so pirate ships attacking 3 giant freighters. I hoped into to battle for the first time and my ship was not ready. I killed 2 and got lit up and that was that.

o

o traveling freighters-are we saying they never warp in or out? That’s all they use to do in the trailers. Not slowly travel from point a to point b. they would warp in. then warp out. Now are we sure they never warp out? Meaning how long have anyone sat their and watched the freighter? 10 mins. 1 hour. 5 hours?. If it literally never leaves after hours upon hours then I could say THEY LIED. If we have no one who has sat there for hours. Then how do we know they never leave? We don’t. unless hello has admitted they don’t.

o

o large scale battles the player can join- read above. I got into a battle trying to protect 3 giant freighters vs what looked like 20 or so pirate smaller spacecrafts. How large is that to you? Not sure. That’s a matter of opinion I guess. Would it be nice if it was even larger? Yep. As sim as elite dangerous is. I haven’t seen fights that big either. Usually its 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1, 3 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, etc. you may see a lot of ships around fighting. But they are not all on one side fighting a giant batch of ships on the other side. Doesn’t work like that. Its mini battles all in close proximity to one another. So in comparison to a space sim like elite. NMS has the largest space battles out. Now again is it really LARGE? That’s up to you to decide.

o

o in-atmosphere battles – never once tried to chase down or shoot at a ship flying on a planet. But I have a funny feeling that it wasn’t possible. Now this would be a flat out lie.

o

o NPCs outside trading posts and other docks-NPC’s are outside trading posts. They land their ships and you walk up to the ship and speak with them. Now would I have liked to see them hop out so we can chat face to face vs a little mode popping up to talk? Of course. But would it change the game play? NOPE. Why? Because unless they allow you to kill or shoot at a npc which they don’t. it doesn’t matter if they were outside of the ships. The guys inside the posts can’t be shot at either. It’s the same little dialogue mode with 3 choices. So there’s really no difference.

o

o ringed planets – never seen one. But shoot..was their any in the trailers? I don’t recall seeing any. Ring planets would be rings full of asteroids just like elite dangerous. So in reality I aint missing that. There are more than enough asteroids in NMS. But it would be a nice aesthetic.

o

o sand planets – there’s no way to know this or not. There are supposedly 18 quintillion planets. We will never see them all. We were all randomly thrown on a planet at start. So to say there isn’t this or that type of planet is silly at this point. We would have to ask hello games if its true or not. Lets see what they say.

o

o flying between stars (as opposed to warping via the Galactic interface) – I have no desire to try this. So I wouldn’t know if possible or not. It would take so long it wouldn’t be worth the hassle. Remember when something says its 5 mins away on a planet without you hitting the boost on your ship. Its actually 5 mins away in real time or close to it. There are things that say they are 30 mins away on a planet. And they are not even half way around the planet. So how long would it take you to travel from planet to planet without touching that boost? I wants no parts of that. So now how long would it take you to fly from one star system to another? It would take you so long it wouldn’t be worth the hassle. This is something someone would try just to say it’s possible in the game. There is no real thing you get from doing this. But if you can’t. they lied. I agree.

o

o complex creature behaviour including environmental interaction – aside from you being able to feed them and them giving you rare resources which they never talked about before the game dropped. This is probably correct. I have seen two animals fighting though. One of the carnivore animals that would normally attack me was attacking another animal. I shot it and that was that. But I personally knew but never liked the idea of creatures attacking us but not really attacking us like they should. Meaning if it’s a giant crab. Clamp down on us with those hands. If its something with a giant crazy looking mouth. Bite us. But it doesn’t do that. Now I knew that from the trailers because they never showed it doing that. It was always something attacking you by running into you. So that’s something I already knew was going to be disappointing. Since they wont bite you it also means they can’t eat vegetation or one another. You get my point.

o

o Rivers – never seen one. Doesn’t mean it doenst exist( again there are too many planets for us to say). We would again have to ask hello games to be honest and let us know if it’s in the game or not.)

o points of interest such as large structures and crashed freighters – they do have points of interest. That’s a ton of those on most planets. And there are crashed ships. Haven’t seen crashed freighters…YET or is that a lie? Don’t know. There are how many planets in the game? You have to ask hello games about this as well.

o

o hacking locked doors- now this is something I found strange. I guess what they call hacking is building an atlas pass to get into locked doors. Not hacking into those other doors they showed on the trailer. Now I have a funny feeling that wasn’t a lie. I think murray was just wrong about that. He was thinking about a door inside the trading posts or spacestations. The other doors are brute force unlocks only. Or you can just walk in. everything else needs an atlas pass of some version or another.

o

o radio chatter – haven’t heard a thing. Lol. That’s a flat out lie.

o interaction with other players – he never really said this. He didn’t even want to talk about multi player because this game was not about multi player. He said you could see what you look like if by some remote chance you met someone else. But this game was never made for multi player at launch. So that’s not a lie. Shame on anyone who bought the game mad about multi player stuff not working. He told you it wasn’t about that 100 times. Yet you still tried to make the game a multi player game anyway. That’s foolish on your behalf.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reaction youtube videos exposing his double talk is the best part about this scandal. Don't have the game...but the backlash is very entertaining.

truth is, this is what I don't like about this era. and i'm not just talking about kids from this era. everyone IN this era. where everyone goes online to either pump up/over hype something. or they go to the other extreme and bash something. when a lot of times you have people doing both that know little to nothing about what they are hyping or bashing. they are literally getting all of their info from other people. not from the actual thing they are hyping or bashing. and because people like yourself think its funny/ funny when it goes down with the backlash brigade. a lot of people with your mentality wont just sit on the sideline and laugh. they will comment and start lying like "i got a refund too." No you didn't. you never even owned the game . or "man this album was over hyped." How do you know that? you never even owned the album or heard one song from it. but yet you can comment. this piles on and makes hype or hate much larger than it really is.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
o planetary physics – rotating planets (they took that out due to game testers constantly having issues with the effects of entering a planet, staying awhile, then leaving out and not knowing where they were due to the fact no game has planet rotation like that where you can land and take off. So you will end up in a completely differerent spot when you leave. I said this before. Complain to the testers and everyone who had issues with this. Its realistic even in a sci fi less realistic game. But obviously people were not feeling it.

o ship classes with meaningful differentiation – this was not stated. There are ship classes. Some ships are more prone to being fighter ships since they are quicker but have less room for payload. Some are larger and less nimble and have a lot more slots for payload(trading ships.) some ships have more slots and come ready with more protection but less guns. Some have more guns and less protection. So not sure where this issue lies unless I don’t understand the issue. Now the look of these ships differ enough as well.

o

o faction reputation with meaningful gameplay impact -you do have faction reputation. Nowhere did he say the words “meaningful gameplay.” Factions were thrown into the game after the fact. In the beginning he said NO NPC’s. then we got NPCs which are the factions. That you can have rep with. Rep does assist you in them giving you certain things.

o

o homogenous resource availability – what is this supposed to mean? Homogeneous means (of the same kind/alike). Someone explain to me what the complaint is on this one. Because with that statement I can’t address if its legit or semi legit or not legit at all.

o

o asteroid landings – never tried it. And I would assume unless the thing is huge you cant do it. Personally I think because he wanted to make the landing part so easy and so not sim(elite dangerous). It made it hard for you to land on anything like you would be able to in reality if you knew how to land things on your own and were allowed to. I think they should take out that auto landing mechanic. But that was in since day one. He talked about how he didn’t want it to be a sim like elite dangerous even though he himself loves elite dangerous.

o

o space station and fleet destruction - he never said you could destroy a space station. He actually said that wasn’t possible. He said you could do something to it to make it not operate or something along those lines. Now is that possible? I haven’t even tried it. Why? Because there is literally NO reason to blow up a spacestation’s parts other than trying to test out a game mechanic. But if you can’t hurt any part of it. Then that would be a lie. But again, lets keep the facts straight. He never said the entire thing could blow up. He always said it wouldn’t operate.

o

o large fleets – whats a large fleet? Large fleets of what? Pirate ships? Or giant freighters? Or both? I’ve once seen a good 20 or so pirate ships attacking 3 giant freighters. I hoped into to battle for the first time and my ship was not ready. I killed 2 and got lit up and that was that.

o

o traveling freighters-are we saying they never warp in or out? That’s all they use to do in the trailers. Not slowly travel from point a to point b. they would warp in. then warp out. Now are we sure they never warp out? Meaning how long have anyone sat their and watched the freighter? 10 mins. 1 hour. 5 hours?. If it literally never leaves after hours upon hours then I could say THEY LIED. If we have no one who has sat there for hours. Then how do we know they never leave? We don’t. unless hello has admitted they don’t.

o

o large scale battles the player can join- read above. I got into a battle trying to protect 3 giant freighters vs what looked like 20 or so pirate smaller spacecrafts. How large is that to you? Not sure. That’s a matter of opinion I guess. Would it be nice if it was even larger? Yep. As sim as elite dangerous is. I haven’t seen fights that big either. Usually its 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1, 3 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, etc. you may see a lot of ships around fighting. But they are not all on one side fighting a giant batch of ships on the other side. Doesn’t work like that. Its mini battles all in close proximity to one another. So in comparison to a space sim like elite. NMS has the largest space battles out. Now again is it really LARGE? That’s up to you to decide.

o

o in-atmosphere battles – never once tried to chase down or shoot at a ship flying on a planet. But I have a funny feeling that it wasn’t possible. Now this would be a flat out lie.

o

o NPCs outside trading posts and other docks-NPC’s are outside trading posts. They land their ships and you walk up to the ship and speak with them. Now would I have liked to see them hop out so we can chat face to face vs a little mode popping up to talk? Of course. But would it change the game play? NOPE. Why? Because unless they allow you to kill or shoot at a npc which they don’t. it doesn’t matter if they were outside of the ships. The guys inside the posts can’t be shot at either. It’s the same little dialogue mode with 3 choices. So there’s really no difference.

o

o ringed planets – never seen one. But shoot..was their any in the trailers? I don’t recall seeing any. Ring planets would be rings full of asteroids just like elite dangerous. So in reality I aint missing that. There are more than enough asteroids in NMS. But it would be a nice aesthetic.

o

o sand planets – there’s no way to know this or not. There are supposedly 18 quintillion planets. We will never see them all. We were all randomly thrown on a planet at start. So to say there isn’t this or that type of planet is silly at this point. We would have to ask hello games if its true or not. Lets see what they say.

o

o flying between stars (as opposed to warping via the Galactic interface) – I have no desire to try this. So I wouldn’t know if possible or not. It would take so long it wouldn’t be worth the hassle. Remember when something says its 5 mins away on a planet without you hitting the boost on your ship. Its actually 5 mins away in real time or close to it. There are things that say they are 30 mins away on a planet. And they are not even half way around the planet. So how long would it take you to travel from planet to planet without touching that boost? I wants no parts of that. So now how long would it take you to fly from one star system to another? It would take you so long it wouldn’t be worth the hassle. This is something someone would try just to say it’s possible in the game. There is no real thing you get from doing this. But if you can’t. they lied. I agree.

o

o complex creature behaviour including environmental interaction – aside from you being able to feed them and them giving you rare resources which they never talked about before the game dropped. This is probably correct. I have seen two animals fighting though. One of the carnivore animals that would normally attack me was attacking another animal. I shot it and that was that. But I personally knew but never liked the idea of creatures attacking us but not really attacking us like they should. Meaning if it’s a giant crab. Clamp down on us with those hands. If its something with a giant crazy looking mouth. Bite us. But it doesn’t do that. Now I knew that from the trailers because they never showed it doing that. It was always something attacking you by running into you. So that’s something I already knew was going to be disappointing. Since they wont bite you it also means they can’t eat vegetation or one another. You get my point.

o

o Rivers – never seen one. Doesn’t mean it doenst exist( again there are too many planets for us to say). We would again have to ask hello games to be honest and let us know if it’s in the game or not.)

o points of interest such as large structures and crashed freighters – they do have points of interest. That’s a ton of those on most planets. And there are crashed ships. Haven’t seen crashed freighters…YET or is that a lie? Don’t know. There are how many planets in the game? You have to ask hello games about this as well.

o

o hacking locked doors- now this is something I found strange. I guess what they call hacking is building an atlas pass to get into locked doors. Not hacking into those other doors they showed on the trailer. Now I have a funny feeling that wasn’t a lie. I think murray was just wrong about that. He was thinking about a door inside the trading posts or spacestations. The other doors are brute force unlocks only. Or you can just walk in. everything else needs an atlas pass of some version or another.

o

o radio chatter – haven’t heard a thing. Lol. That’s a flat out lie.

o interaction with other players – he never really said this. He didn’t even want to talk about multi player because this game was not about multi player. He said you could see what you look like if by some remote chance you met someone else. But this game was never made for multi player at launch. So that’s not a lie. Shame on anyone who bought the game mad about multi player stuff not working. He told you it wasn’t about that 100 times. Yet you still tried to make the game a multi player game anyway. That’s foolish on your behalf.

Hope you didn't type all this out.:huhldup:

Clearly says ships would handle differently and described that ship as a "fighter" implying there would be classes other than "fighter"

Doesn't use the term "meaningful gameplay" but he clearly described some meaningful gameplay implications associated with you choosing alliances

That's only the first two, not even addressing the rest.

You are being just as disingenuous/dishonest as dude was when marketing this shyt.

Stop, you are making a fool of yourself :mjlol:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hope you didn't type all this out.:huhldup:

Clearly says ships would handle differently and described that ship as a "fighter" implying there would be classes other than "fighter"

Doesn't use the term "meaningful gameplay" but he clearly described some meaningful gameplay implications associated with you choosing alliances

That's only the first two, not even addressing the rest.

You are being just as disingenuous/dishonest as dude was when marketing this shyt.

Stop, you are making a fool of yourself :mjlol:

as always. I addressed every single comment. and you on the "i aint reading that." I know how it goes around these parts. you either agree with the masses or you don't know anything. they wont read logic and facts they will just run with what the trending topic of the day is.
back to the ships. their are obviously classes other than fighter. I just told you that. everyone who has played the game has seen those large ships that can hold a lot more slots. vs the smaller fighter looking ships that can hold a lot less. now how differently do they handle? I personally wouldn't know since I have not yet owned one of those larger ships. I also don't know If certain upgrades are only available to certain TYPES of ships Or not. if that is not the case then he lied about the types of ships. they will just be different sizes and have different trunk spaces so to speak but no actual difference in speed/quickness/agility/armor/guns.

again when you say meaningful gameplay in regards to the factions. what do you mean by that? that's up for debate. meaningful to him or me or you are 3 different things.

some people thought the game even if it had everything he said was wack all due to the fact it didn't have a legit ending or it didn't have regular multiplayer. to some that is what they need to create meaning in a game. to me that's not the case.

so with that said. I assume what you mean is that there should be some kind of ramifications for you being buds with one faction if another is warring with said faction. but how would they know you are friends? wouldn't you have to rat yourself out? or end up choosing a side to fight on if that chance ever came up? now that's the thing. does that ever happen. where its not just random freighters vs pirates(random). but its actual Gek guys fighting vs the other factions? never seen . but is it in the game? don't know. it would be nice if other factions came thru to their opposing factions planets and started lighting them up so then you would have to choose sides real quick. but they never said that would happen either.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
as always. I addressed every single comment. and you on the "i aint reading that." I know how it goes around these parts. you either agree with the masses or you don't know anything. they wont read logic and facts they will just run with what the trending topic of the day is.
back to the ships. their are obviously classes other than fighter. I just told you that. everyone who has played the game has seen those large ships that can hold a lot more slots. vs the smaller fighter looking ships that can hold a lot less. now how differently do they handle? I personally wouldn't know since I have not yet owned one of those larger ships. I also don't know If certain upgrades are only available to certain TYPES of ships Or not. if that is not the case then he lied about the types of ships. they will just be different sizes and have different trunk spaces so to speak but no actual difference in speed/quickness/agility/armor/guns.
This isn't a matter of opinion. All this stuff is clearly documented. He clearly and explicitly claimed that at the very least ships would handle differently.

They do not. They are merely skins with different amounts of slots.

As for the rest, you did a lot of typing, I have no desire to argue every point with you.

again when you say meaningful gameplay in regards to the factions. what do you mean by that? that's up for debate. meaningful to him or me or you are 3 different things.
He said forming different alliances with different factions would give you gameplay advantages, depending on your play style and who you team up with.

That's not the case in the game.

some people thought the game even if it had everything he said was wack all due to the fact it didn't have a legit ending or it didn't have regular multiplayer. to some that is what they need to create meaning in a game. to me that's not the case.
Was not talking about whether the game is "wack" or not. But he did claim the center of the Galaxy would be a bit more interesting than what it is.

so with that said. I assume what you mean is that there should be some kind of ramifications for you being buds with one faction if another is warring with said faction. but how would they know you are friends? wouldn't you have to rat yourself out? or end up choosing a side to fight on if that chance ever came up? now that's the thing. does that ever happen. where its not just random freighters vs pirates(random). but its actual Gek guys fighting vs the other factions? never seen . but is it in the game? don't know. it would be nice if other factions came thru to their opposing factions planets and started lighting them up so then you would have to choose sides real quick. but they never said that would happen either.
Factions work properly in plenty of games. How he originally described it, is how it works in most other games.

Factions in NMS have no effect on your experience whatsoever.[/quote][/quote]

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't a matter of opinion. All this stuff is clearly documented. He clearly and explicitly claimed that at the very least ships would handle differently.

They do not. They are merely skins with different amounts of slots.

As for the rest, you did a lot of typing, I have no desire to argue every point with you.

He said forming different alliances with different factions would give you gameplay advantages, depending on your play style and who you team up with.

That's not the case in the game.

Was not talking about whether the game is "wack" or not. But he did claim the center of the Galaxy would be a bit more interesting than what it is.

Factions work properly in plenty of games. How he originally described it, is how it works in most other games.

Factions in NMS have no effect on your experience whatsoever.
[/quote][/QUOTE]
go on ahead and avoid the other stuff I addressed. don't call it a lot of typing. when its a lot of explaining since there were a lot of complaints. how else are those supposed to be addressed? with a 1 liner?. stop it.

and you've just exposed the reason why you and others are so hot about the faction angle. everyone wanted factions in this game. in the beginning there were non. no NPC's at all. then people kept asking for it. so they put it in. he talked about factions sparingly. meaning he spoke of them but the manner in which he would talk about them would tell you odds are the faction part of the game wont be super deep(at least not at launch). YOU like most of us WANTED great faction game play. but truth is, it was never going to be in this game if you paid serious attention to the game for the past few years. this is why I wasn't mad. I already knew I was going to get a watered down at best version of factions. it was an afterthought for them never forget that. don't get mad because YOU and I both wanted a better faction setup. that was never their original plan.

they said forming certain alliances would give you certain tech and certain items.

well that's actually true. if you're not good with certain races they wont allow you to reap the benefits of all 3 item they will offer you. it all depends on your level of rep with each of them. that warrior faction has a lot of multi tools in their depots/outposts. I didn't see nearly as many hanging around geks. messing around and one of the warrior faction monolyths can grant you a multitool that looks like something they use. not your normal multitool that most of us have. so that's faction specific. and one of the aliens will notice you have their gun and ask for it back. its your choice to give it up. if you do. don't worry there's a nice one on the wall. but its not that exact one that has that alien look to it.

^^all facts.

now the part they lied about. well I think they did. was if you try to become a pirate or start attacking freighters in another factions system or they start attacking you. that you can get help from certain factions you're cool with. I haven't faught but one time in space. so I would have no idea if that works or if they lied. if they lied...they lied. shame on em for that one.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
go on ahead and avoid the other stuff I addressed. don't call it a lot of typing. when its a lot of explaining since there were a lot of complaints. how else are those supposed to be addressed? with a 1 liner?. stop it.

and you've just exposed the reason why you and others are so hot about the faction angle. everyone wanted factions in this game. in the beginning there were non. no NPC's at all. then people kept asking for it. so they put it in. he talked about factions sparingly. meaning he spoke of them but the manner in which he would talk about them would tell you odds are the faction part of the game wont be super deep(at least not at launch). YOU like most of us WANTED great faction game play. but truth is, it was never going to be in this game if you paid serious attention to the game for the past few years. this is why I wasn't mad. I already knew I was going to get a watered down at best version of factions. it was an afterthought for them never forget that. don't get mad because YOU and I both wanted a better faction setup. that was never their original plan.

they said forming certain alliances would give you certain tech and certain items.

well that's actually true. if you're not good with certain races they wont allow you to reap the benefits of all 3 item they will offer you. it all depends on your level of rep with each of them. that warrior faction has a lot of multi tools in their depots/outposts. I didn't see nearly as many hanging around geks. messing around and one of the warrior faction monolyths can grant you a multitool that looks like something they use. not your normal multitool that most of us have. so that's faction specific. and one of the aliens will notice you have their gun and ask for it back. its your choice to give it up. if you do. don't worry there's a nice one on the wall. but its not that exact one that has that alien look to it.

^^all facts.

now the part they lied about. well I think they did. was if you try to become a pirate or start attacking freighters in another factions system or they start attacking you. that you can get help from certain factions you're cool with. I haven't faught but one time in space. so I would have no idea if that works or if they lied. if they lied...they lied. shame on em for that one.

I have no interest in going into detail over each point. All of that stuff has been thoroughly researched, and discussed.

I just chose the first couple to show how full of shyt your excuses were.

And no it has absolutely nothing to do with what I wanted out of the game. This is stuff he said, not me. As a consumer, my expectations can only be set by what they talk about/show off as devs. He willingly brought up factions and how they would work. How they work in the final game is very different than how he claimed they would work pre release. That's it.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this nikka went straight ghost mode...fukking fakkit, i want to realign his jaw for lying about all that shyt

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
this nikka went straight ghost mode...fukking fakkit, i want to realign his jaw for lying about all that shyt
that's the real problem.... dude was talking to everyone and their mama before release

now your game is having the worst pr i think i've ever seen in gaming... people shytting on you, your company, your game and calling you a flat out liar

and this is all we get:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
they released patch notes yesterday

PS4 Patch Notes 1.07

Sean Murray | August 30, 2016

Since No Man’s Sky on PS4 released a couple of weeks ago the team has been incredibly busy. We’ve gathered all the support requests to support@hellogames.co.uk, but we’re also tracking posts on Reddit, PS4 forums, twitter and anywhere we can find online.

Right now the team is fully focused on categorising and fixing support issues in order of priority, based on the number of people they are affecting. The information and crash dumps you’ve posted have been indispensable in helping us track down and fix these issues.

We’ve now released 7 patches (1.07 just got posted), and hopefully they really improve the experience for everybody. As you can see it’s been a huge amount of work for a small team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

This week expect at least one more major update, which will enter testing on Wednesday. Once all our support requests have been answered then we can begin improving the game with new features :smile:

See below for combined notes from 1.04, 1.05, 1.06 and 1.07 (which were incremental and each launched within a day or so of each other).

Objectives and stuck without Hyper-drive Issues

• Player no longer able to redeem your pre-order ship at a point which would then prevent you learning the hyper-drive blueprint (and if you have done this, we save you).
  • Player no longer able to bypass being sent to find hyper-drive tech by reloading a save in game at a very specific point.

Getting Stuck in the world

• It was possible for players to save their game stuck under the terrain, leaving them stuck. This was caused by getting shot down in atmosphere, and their ship reaching ridiculous speeds as it crashed to the planet. This has been resolved.
  • Whilst it won’t happen anymore, if you are currently already stuck under the world, we detect this and do our best to rescue you.
  • Fixed a couple of other low repro bugs that could result in you falling through the world and getting stuck underground.
  • A raycast in some space stations could hit a very specific point that would put the player inside the floor.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to be thrown in the sky at high speed when taking off (in rare cases could in turn lead to getting stuck).
  • Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to get stuck in terrain and prevent you from taking off, if the player managed to out run generation of terrain LOD 1, and land inside an overhang.

Gameplay

• Some players were unable to achieve the extreme survival journey milestone, this has been resolved.
  • Fixed an issue where some players had some technology types being reported as “already known” when they weren’t actually known.
  • Under some circumstances a message was sometimes misinforming you that you learnt a blueprint when you hadn’t, this has been fixed now.
  • It was possible you could use up all available slots for waypoints on the galaxy map and be unable to set new waypoints. This is much better now.
  • There was a bug that could cause objective markers to disappear when you loaded a previous save. This is fixed now.
  • Fixed a rare issue when scanning creatures that would cause all planets to show as 100% complete even if you had only completed one.

Save / Load

• Fixed a bug what could cause some corrupt save games to not be loaded, this is now fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where saves made with the system clock set in the future could cause problems.

Crash Fixes

• Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when warping into a system with a space battle in progress.
  • Fixed a crash that could happen when interacting with an NPC.

Tweaks and Improvements

• It is now easier to scan flying creatures.
  • Fixed height and weight stats being the wrong way around for creatures.
  • Gek towers can no longer be interacted with repeatedly.
  • The ‘You have unredeemed items’ message will now only show for the first 5 minutes.
  • Fixed getting 0% charge on Photon Cannon when buying a new ship and constantly being prompted to charge it.
  • Reduce Suit VO for life support warnings and only do life support VO on 25% and 50%.
  • Fixed grave being transferred to the new star system after you warp.
  • Fixed toxic protection 3 (theta) from having the wrong name.
  • Fixed incorrect marking of sea caves under floating islands.
  • Turning down music and SFX volume in the options will now work correctly (mutes the VO also).
  • If you change ship or multi-tool and then revert to previous save the ship should now be the one you had at the time.
  • Atlas station collision improvements to prevent you from bumping into them too much.
  • Fix for the stars not being discarded during load/warp (causing duplicate stars).

Crash after warping

• Occasionally at random the game would lock up after a warp. This was due to very specific timing in hardware (a threading specific bug) – meaning that unfortunately for some people it was regular, and for others they would never be able to recreate it. This was our most reported crash during gameplay, and has now been resolved.

Game failing to save until you died

• If the player died, and then loaded the game ten times without saving, and then died, player progress wouldn’t be saved from then on until you died again. This is fixed now! This was also causing player’s saves to grow in size.

Crash fixes in scanning

• Quite a rare crash, but in certain scenarios it was possible to scan from space or on planet and crash the game.

Crash warping inside a freighter

• When warping into a battle sometimes the player warped into the inside of a freighter and everything went crazy :( – This is fixed now.

Stranded in Space Station

• If you died in your ship while in atmosphere of a planet with a damaged ship, you could respawn in a space station with your launch thrusters and pulse engine damaged. If you did not have the resources to fix them then you could no longer take off and be stuck there. This will no longer happen.

Loading Corrupted Save Files

• Some players have corrupted save files, we’ve been working with them to still load saves even if they are corrupted (this can happen for many reasons outside of the games control). This fix has allowed many players to still load their save even if they have become corrupt.

Crash fixes for next three most commonly reported issues:

• As the player gathers a huge amount of discoveries, there was a threading issue that becomes more prevalent the more discoveries you have, and could cause the game to crash.
  • If you had collected a large number of blueprints, in a specific order it was possible to crash the game when you received a new blueprint. This has been fixed.
  • Players who set a large number of waypoints could find themselves in a situation where they could crash the game in the Galactic Map, this is remedied now (PS. A better waypoint system is coming).

Overall these fixes should remedy around 80% of our current support requests. We’re working on the next 20% right now. If you are still experiencing issues please do click the support button on No Man's Sky

they're focusing on fixing the game. it's probably the best thing to do at this point