No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
now what else was promised that wasn't delivered on that should make me believe i was duped into buying some other type of game besides randomly generated planets and endless space exploration?
"Every star in the sky is real"

And did you watch that video that was posted on the last page?

You really think the game in that trailer is the same game they released?

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you could be correct... although i been in this thread and others since day 1

so please tell me what he said that was made this game a complete 180 from what i got on this disc

so far i got multiplayer... from what i got, this was supposed to be about you being alone... in a one in a million chance, you'd find another person, but it's not like you could message your boy and be like "yo i'm on this planet by the tree near the ocean.... come through"

now people are saying even if you did find each other, you wouldn't be able to see each other

that lie..... i cannot defend... at all

i will say that it doesn't bother me... cause i don't care to meet up with people and play.... and i was always led to believe it'd be a miracle if it even happened... BUT I'LL ADMIT THAT WAS A FLAT OUT LIE

now what else was promised that wasn't delivered on that should make me believe i was duped into buying some other type of game besides randomly generated planets and endless space exploration?

Joining factions was another big one that made people mad :ufdup:
Plus, He said you could play the game in space and never land on a planet....no one can do that, lol.

You got the game you wanted at about 90%. That's cool! I'm sure other things will be patches and or dlc like base building.

It's an art project as it stands to the people that followed his every word and agreed with the enhanced direction.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The funniest part for me is seeing people still trying to defend this game and the lack of anything to actually do. Remember back when the game was still getting hyped the past couple years and folks were like "ummmm so what exactly are you supposed to do, whats the objective" and fanboys were on the attack talking about "there is plenty to do, everything has been explained just read this tweet string, watch this video on random gaming website, and look at these hands on impressions from random unverified user". It got to the point where you would get banned on the gaming site yall know im talking about just for asking what in the hell this game is supposed to be.

Low and behold all those users questioning this scam were right.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Joining factions was another big one that made people mad :ufdup:
Plus, He said you could play the game in space and never land on a planet....no one can do that, lol.

You got the game you wanted at about 90%. That's cool! I'm sure other things will be patches and or dlc like base building.

It's an art project as it stands to the people that followed his every word and agreed with the enhanced direction.
I sure did forget about the factions. Yea that was truly some bullshyt right there.

I am also disappointed in the space battles as I thought it would be deeper as well

I'm not saying it's perfect or he never lied. All I'm saying is people are acting like he promised basketball and gave you cricket. It's off. But it's not that damn far off where people should feel like it's 2 different games

If the interviews were 2.0, I think we got 1.0. People taking like we didn't even get the beta version or something

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I sure did forget about the factions. Yea that was truly some bullshyt right there.

I am also disappointed in the space battles as I thought it would be deeper as well

I'm not saying it's perfect or he never lied. All I'm saying is people are acting like he promised basketball and gave you cricket. It's off. But it's not that damn far off where people should feel like it's 2 different games

If the interviews were 2.0, I think we got 1.0. People taking like we didn't even get the beta version or something

Fam, he lied about a ton of stuff -

• planetary physics
  • ship classes with meaningful differentiation
  • faction reputation with meaningful gameplay impact
  • homogenous resource availability
  • asteroid landings
  • space station and fleet destruction
  • large fleets
  • traveling freighters
  • large scale battles the player can join
  • in-atmosphere battles
  • NPCs outside trading posts and other docks
  • ringed planets
  • sand planets
  • flying between stars (as opposed to warping via the Galactic interface)
  • complex creature behaviour including environmental interaction
  • rivers
  • points of interest such as large structures and crashed freighters
  • hacking locked doors
  • radio chatter
  • interaction with other players

The game in it's current form isn't even remotely what was promised, it's basically a $60 alpha.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

The game in it's current form isn't even remotely what was promised, it's basically a $60 alpha.
Ok I'm going to back off my comments

I do still like the game. I just like space exploration and always have. So for my ps4. This is gold for me. shyt for my gaming career. Cause every other game wasn't on this scale when coming to space.

But reading that list and realizing none of that is in game. I can longer blame people for feeling duped and lied to. Somebody needs to release a statement on exactly what the fukk happened here

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ya right. I just knew the basics of why people were mad and that was price lowering worthy. With ya entire list that's a demo disc they put out, lol.

I wouldn't call it a cash grab. Everyone can pretty much get a refund. Some will wait for patches though...

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Ya right. I just knew the basics of why people were mad and that was price lowering worthy. With ya entire list that's a demo disc they put out, lol.

I wouldn't call it a cash grab. Everyone can pretty much get a refund. Some will wait for patches though...

This.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

This game is just a product of hype culture and proof of it getting out of hand. They can hype up almost anything now on an E3 stage and the masses eat it up. The game simply never looked as good as people were hyping it up to be. It especially didn't look indie title for $60 good.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've tried 3 times now to get a refund for PS4 digital. They won't do it. Telling me i already have trophies and played 7% of the game :francis:

so another lie about this game is that everyone can get a refund :russ:

Guess you going to have to wait for the patches. It's that dudes life and he uses it with his name on the official twitter page. I don't think he will throw out the baby with the bath water.

Anyways...I don't understand people that buy games digitally except for a mobile phone. video games have resale value an can be packaged together when selling a system. A digital copy should be cheaper in general since i'm stuck with it. I from the old school trade-in and go to FuncoLand even though i'm only 30. music and movies tend to have minimal value as everyone can get their hands on it...but a video game on a disc can hold value.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I guess there's some irony in people falling for the hype of marketing, and then falling for the hype of clicklbait gaming journalism

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
this couldve been goat if they delivered on everything they promised. i hope mods create new gameplay