No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
"never" sets up an expectation of a possibility?

it's a "shared" in that people can name stuff. people have reported getting notifications that other's have found their discoveries

I'm aware of the other quotes. like I said, I'm going off of how the game was originally pitched, and what we got. like I said, I'm not sure what happened between then and now. like I said, I never expected multiplayer

:deadhorse:
Yes. "Never" sets up the possibility. Especially when you consider the rest of the context of the idea which SM was very willing to provide.

Even directly after your quote, they set up the expectation for much much more

"You’ll get credit for discovering it. You’ll also, if the materials there are valuable, attract players to come visit. No Man’s Sky isn’t a multiplayer game, in as much as you’ll never see another player. But the galaxy is the same between everyone and actions of “significance” will be shared. If you kill a single bird, that won’t be shared. If you make an entire species of bird extinct, then those creatures will blink out of existence for everyone.

That means you might want to keep quiet about a planet of valuable resources, so others don’t come and deplete it. I also instantly start thinking of ways to be devious. Can I upload false information to the galactic map? Can I lure people to a system full of pirates and then, when their ships crash and burn, steal materials from their ghostly hulls?

When I ask these questions, Murray is light on specifics, but hopes players will work cooperatively. “There are some things that you could do for the wrong reasons. You could broadcast certain information for the wrong reasons. But generally people are playing together cooperatively to the benefit of everyone. You can be a dikk in the game if you want, but it has less point and less value.”
Absolutely NONE of which you came do in the final game.

People didn't just make this shyt up:mjlol:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yes. "Never" sets up the possibility. Especially when you consider the rest of the context of the idea which SM was very willing to provide.

Even directly after your quote, they set up the expectation for much much more

Absolutely NONE of which you came do in the final game.

People didn't just make this shyt up:mjlol:
you can name things, and get credit for discovering it. this could potentially be used to troll other players. I just named a planet with Vortex Cubes ($$$) all over it "Vortex Cube Farm". but people could do something similar, but be full of shyt. similar to Dark Souls when someone puts "jump here" next to a deadly drop

I'm not sure about wiping out a species, or all the resources on a planet though. it would take a lot of time to test that, since the planets are pretty big

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you can name things, and get credit for discovering it. this could potentially be used to troll other players. I just named a planet with Vortex Cubes ($$$) all over it "Vortex Cube Farm". but people could do something similar, but be full of shyt. similar to Dark Souls when someone puts "jump here" next to a deadly drop

I'm not sure about wiping out a species, or all the resources on a planet though. it would take a lot of time to test that, since the planets are pretty big
Stop playing dumb man :beli:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Stop playing dumb man :beli:

When I ask these questions, Murray is light on specifics, but hopes players will work cooperatively. “There are some things that you could do for the wrong reasons. You could broadcast certain information for the wrong reasons. But generally people are playing together cooperatively to the benefit of everyone. You can be a dikk in the game if you want, but it has less point and less value.”

that's the online component. you name stuff and upload it. you broadcast information. many people, like me, will use this to give people clues of what they can find (gold, copper, iridium, etc). other people will "be a dikk", and use that to broadcast misinformation

again, like the system in Dark Souls. some kind soul might let you know there's a "bonfire nearby". or some troll might have you somersaulting into a wall cause you read "illusory wall ahead"

you might not see these online features if you pirate all your games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
that's the online component. you name stuff and upload it. you broadcast information. many people, like me, will use this to give people clues of what they can find (gold, copper, iridium, etc). other people will "be a dikk", and use that to broadcast misinformation

again, like the system in Dark Souls. some kind soul might let you know there's a "bonfire nearby". or some troll might have you somersaulting into a wall cause you read "illusory wall ahead"

you might not see these online features if you pirate all your games
Play dumb then try to insult others brehs :smh:

Only game in the history of gaming that people (including the people printing out the fukking box:martin:) "mistook" for a multiplayer game when that actually wasn't the case.

And you wanna pretend everybody else is just making shyt up.:smh:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Play dumb then try to insult others brehs :smh:

Only game in the history of gaming that people (including the people printing out the fukking box:martin:) "mistook" for a multiplayer game when that actually wasn't the case.

And you wanna pretend everybody else is just making shyt up.:smh:

Why you so upset over a game you didn't even buy though?
44d5d7b402f7780790ad6f8f680fc4a1.png

And you got the 2nd most posts in this thread too b...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
just tried the latest experimental patch, and it's running pretty good. fixed my water planet problem, and I no longer need to turn shader cache off in NCP

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Have ya'll found a hostile planet yet?

i went to one and just landed and the sensory bots were alerted without me doing anything and some dog like creature was trying to attack my ship
just found a planet with hostile bots. sucks cause the planet is dope otherwise. I found a cool ship there, but it would be impossible to repair it with sentinels constantly on you ass. my multitool cuts through them like butter, but they're still annoying

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
just found a planet with hostile bots. sucks cause the planet is dope otherwise. I found a cool ship there, but it would be impossible to repair it with sentinels constantly on you ass. my multitool cuts through them like butter, but they're still annoying

exactly. i found one with tons of shyt. Matter of fact as soon as i got attack i looted some glowing ball thats worth 30,000 units before leaving... who the fukk is controlling them and why are they there?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
this has to be one of the weirder planets I've seen. these rock tendrils were everywhere

D25F4BCD6CE57DC677A55B646B1C718A964D6CBD

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
exactly. i found one with tons of shyt. Matter of fact as soon as i got attack i looted some glowing ball thats worth 30,000 units before leaving... who the fukk is controlling them and why are they there?
probably a "gravitino ball"

taking those, vortex cubes, and something else I recently found, gives you '3 stars' with the sentinels, and that robot dog comes out. they're all worth mad loot though. I bought a 22 slot ship with loot from vortex cubes

I dunno who controls the bots or why they're there. not sure if it's explained somewhere along the line

Cwilk02

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Just found this game after searching three other stores..about to see what's the hype about