No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I played for about 3 hours last night. Took me a good hour to really take it seriously. :mjlol:
I got too into just exploring the start up planet, then finally repaired my ship. I'm not leaving until I find everything on the planet though.
It's what I expected from the beginning. :manny:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I found a planet with Vortex Cubes everywhere. been cleaning up :eat:

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Have ya'll found a hostile planet yet?

i went to one and just landed and the sensory bots were alerted without me doing anything and some dog like creature was trying to attack my ship

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I hope you all are having fun, no sarcasm

But I am just amazed at the level of bullshyt this man spits. It's incredible outside of a consumer aspect. He single-handedly made Konami, EA, Activision, and Ubisoft look like amatuers.

Sadly this is just a one off and he knows it. He will never get this chance again. Unless lied about not lying a lie of a lie about this game not having DLC.

:dead:

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
this witch hunt is getting ridiculous. they showed and talked about stuff that didn't make it into the game. a lot of it probably just didn't work, playtesters responded negatively to it, or time restraints didn't allow it to happen

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
this witch hunt is getting ridiculous. they showed and talked about stuff that didn't make it into the game. a lot of it probably just didn't work, playtesters responded negatively to it, or time restraints didn't allow it to happen
Most of it is just trivial stuff, but it's the big ones (lack of multiplayer, huge faction battles, etc) that made all the little ones stand out.

My guess is that they tried multiplayer and it was broke as fukk like a lot of ambitious multiplayer games, and instead of another delay or releasing broken they just removed it altogether. Problem is, they should have just been honest about it. He tried to play the game like it wasn't him that set that expectation out there. People feel insulted so they are searching for things now.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm gonna try this tonight. After reading the RPS article saying it ran much better on the PS4, I'm skeptical. After all this backlash, I'm gonna have really low expectations going in...:manny:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Most of it is just trivial stuff, but it's the big ones (lack of multiplayer, huge faction battles, etc) that made all the little ones stand out.

My guess is that they tried multiplayer and it was broke as fukk like a lot of ambitious multiplayer games, and instead of another delay or releasing broken they just removed it altogether. Problem is, they should have just been honest about it. He tried to play the game like it wasn't him that set that expectation out there. People feel insulted so they are searching for things now.
I never expected multiplayer. I'm getting tired of beating this dead horse, but when the game was first revealed, it was said it would be a singleplayer experience. I'm not sure what happened between then and now, but sure enough we got a singleplayer game

I really do blame $ony. this game would have been better served as an early access PC game

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I never expected multiplayer. I'm getting tired of beating this dead horse, but when the game was first revealed, it was said it would be a singleplayer experience. I'm not sure what happened between then and now, but sure enough we got a singleplayer game
No it was never billed as single player only.

It was said to not expect an MMO (even though it was referred to as an MMO multiple times afterwards) but it was always maintained from day one that there would be some sort of multiplayer content.

Dude literally said "the only way to see what you look like is for another player to find you"

That's multiplayer. No way around it.

What was NEVER said is that the game is single player ONLY.

Hell even the people that printed the box expected there to be multiplayer :comeon:

I really do blame $ony. this game would have been better served as an early access PC game
Yeah they didn't start talking all that extra big shyt until they signed that $60 deal.

Had it been advertised as an indie survival game for $20-$40 it would have been much better off. But the game is selling like crazy on PS4, so mission accomplished from their standpoint.

Hello Games just sacrificed all their goodwill for commercial success.

Sold their souls to Sony and the AAA game :wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm gonna try this tonight. After reading the RPS article saying it ran much better on the PS4, I'm skeptical. After all this backlash, I'm gonna have really low expectations going in...:manny:
I've got it running pretty good

turn off ingame vsync and set fps to max

use NCP vsync and triple-buffering. also turn off "shader cache" in NCP

the 'experimental branch' has received two updates, but I'm not using it. first time I tried it, it made my performance worse, so I'm waiting for the official patch. although I've heard they fixed a few issues in that branch

only real issue I have is on planets with water. shyt kills my FPS

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No it was never billed as single player only.

It was said to not expect an MMO (even though it was referred to as an MMO multiple times afterwards) but it was always maintained from day one that there would be some sort of multiplayer content.

Dude literally said "the only way to see what you look like is for another player to find you"

That's multiplayer. No way around it.

What was NEVER said is that the game is single player ONLY.

Hell even the people that printed the box expected there to be multiplayer :comeon:
:deadhorse:

from the first page of this thread (2013)

First Look: No Man’s Sky

December 9th, 2013

No Man’s Sky isn’t a multiplayer game, in as much as you’ll never see another player.

It’s a singleplayer experience, but one enriched by a community playing with shared purpose.

sounds pretty cool. not multiplayer, but at the same time, everyone's playing in the same universe. lots of exploring and upgrading your ship

they never showed multiplayer, or explained how it would work (everyone on the same server?). no multi-person ships. it only said "singleplayer" on the Steam page. there were many references to "Dark Souls like multiplayer", meaning you can leave messages for other players (yes, I know Dark Souls also has PVP and co-op, but again, no specifics of how that would fit into this game). before launch people were complaining the lack of 'real' multiplayer was a "missed opportunity"

and sure enough, a spade is a spade :manny:

edit: $ony blamed the PEGI and multiplayer box discrepancy on production error

Incorrect descriptors were incorporated into the original No Man's Sky limited edition packaging," a company spokesperson said. "This was a production issue and was rectified using placement stickers."

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

from the first page of this thread (2013)

First Look: No Man’s Sky

they never showed multiplayer, or explained how it would work (everyone on the same server?). no multi-person ships. it only said "singleplayer" on the Steam page. there were many references to "Dark Souls like multiplayer", meaning you can leave messages for other players (yes, I know Dark Souls also has PVP and co-op, but again, no specifics of how that would fit into this game). before launch people were complaining the lack of 'real' multiplayer was a "missed opportunity"

and sure enough, a spade is a spade :manny:
Let's start with your very first quote.

"No mans sky is not a multiplayer game in as much as you'll never see another person"

That in itself sets the expectation for the POSSIBILITY of seeing another person.

If it was just single player, there would be no need for the part about not seeing someone"

The idea from the start was that it was a shared world, but a lone experience.

It is not a shared world.

And I find it interesting you'll take the dark souls comment and say that's just talking about sending messages. But ignore the countless times he literally said you'd be able to see and meet with other people. Why do those quotes not exist in your world?

I mean come on THE BOX WAS PRINTED UP SAYING MULTIPLAYER.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Let's start with your very first quote.

"No mans sky is not a multiplayer game in as much as you'll never see another person"

That in itself sets the expectation for the POSSIBILITY of seeing another person.

If it was just single player, there would be no need for the part about not seeing someone"

The idea from the start was that it was a shared world, but a lone experience.

It is not a shared world.

And I find it interesting you'll take the dark souls comment and say that's just talking about sending messages. But ignore the countless times he literally said you'd be able to see and meet with other people. Why do those quotes not exist in your world?

I mean come on THE BOX WAS PRINTED UP SAYING MULTIPLAYER.
"never" sets up an expectation of a possibility?

it's a "shared" in that people can name stuff. people have reported getting notifications that other's have found their discoveries

I'm aware of the other quotes. like I said, I'm going off of how the game was originally pitched, and what we got. like I said, I'm not sure what happened between then and now. like I said, I never expected multiplayer